Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This board has become basically unreadable....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Everyone has been watching football. Have you? Have you seen how this team has played? We are lucky to be 2-3. "

I don't want to single anyone out here but have any of you actually been to a game?

The JETS played with a ton of heart last week and came within minutes of beating the best team in football! Real fans walked out of the stadium with their heads held high and a lot of hope Monday.

Heysus Crist they were playing with guys who had been on the team for 15 minutes and most of their key players out. We were all hoarse on Tuesday morning from non-stop screaming our support. The OP is right, this board has become worse than the media.

Get off the friggin couch and go to the game tomorrow. You'll have a whole different perspective.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

The JETS played with a ton of heart
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtdkbAVhxxU&sns=em

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I so agree with this. With all the talk of how the team sucks, the players suck, the coaches suck, the GM sucks, the owner sucks, and the in-fighting between all the fan posters, there's no more joy in trolling this forum anymore. Damn you Woody Johnson.
    You've earned a well-deserved vacation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Everyone has been watching football. Have you? Have you seen how this team has played? We are lucky to be 2-3. "

I don't want to single anyone out here but have any of you actually been to a game?

The JETS played with a ton of heart last week and came within minutes of beating the best team in football! Real fans walked out of the stadium with their heads held high and a lot of hope Monday.

Heysus Crist they were playing with guys who had been on the team for 15 minutes and most of their key players out. We were all hoarse on Tuesday morning from non-stop screaming our support. The OP is right, this board has become worse than the media.

Get off the friggin couch and go to the game tomorrow. You'll have a whole different perspective.
    No second place team in the AFC has more then 2 wins. With Keller and S. Hill coming back hopefully that will help Sanchez and our offense. I'm not a quitter on the season like some other "fans." Go Jets!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODkVkpaVQA

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    OLD NEWS.

Been unreadable since the offseason.

This place is heading downhill.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I've decided "guys" that I am not taking a break ... not even for a while ... I just thought I's announce that because I know you really care. If I change my mind and decide I need to take a break, I may start a fresh thread.

The board is more readable now than at the start of the season, the Sanchez Tebow debate has being sidelined for the "how much do we suck" debate.

I enjoy watching every game and still read this damn board every day. Life is good, I get to watch the Jets every week even if they suck - it's still better than the off season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    OLD NEWS.
    Been unreadable since the offseason.
    This place is heading downhill.
    Not singling you out ST, but you know what sucks around here? People saying everything sucks around here.

I've been posting here long before most of you & still be posting long after you're gone. If you don't like it here, leave. Those of us who seen'en come & seen'em go thank you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Not singling you out ST, but you know what sucks around here? People saying everything sucks around here.

I've been posting here long before most of you & still be posting long after you're gone. If you don't like it here, leave. Those of us who seen'en come & seen'em go thank you.
    Yea, i have to say I agree.

I post on a couple diferent football forums, and IMO this place is my favorite because it has a great balance between clown posts and serious football talk.

Some forums are way toooo serious about the football conversation. They dont let anything else get posted. And if I want to have intense football talk, I go there.

However, IMO, this place best represents what it is like to be a jets fan. The manic highs and the suicidal lows...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That was a GREAT album, still have it somewhere. Sar, how much alcohol do you think the Amazin's had in that recording studio?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    SAR and his SOJF Crew~~1
    ARodKeyWestJetFan and the real Jets fans~~0

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attention whore? You must have me confused with the Blind Homer Cult who invaded every single thread between May and September with their "we're going 12-4" bulls-it and shut down any realistic conversation.

The "bullies" ruined the site all spring and summer and now run away when things get tough.

Quite hypocritical.

SAR I
    +10000000000000000

For being an objective fan, we were labled SOJF and ridiculed by the idiot majority. It was never personal, we just saw the team that was put together this year vastly different. Those who didn't bother to think objectively were offended by the fact that we could question a single thing this front office has done over the past 4 or 5 seasons.

Well this team never had a chance this year. those of us who saw this coming, are not shocked and because we were prepared for what was coming, we have been able to handle it better than those who blindly thought we were a 10 or 11 win team and now are dismayed at the early results.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post

+1 Limo. The board hasn't become "unreadable" there's just less good stuff to read and a lot more garbage. There have been quite a few (not all) in the new wave of posters who add a lot of crap to this site. Too many "Twitter Kids" "Fantasy Fans" and personal attackers.

This is where I come to get most of my Jet news all in one place. Posters like C Mart usually provide it. There are some really knowledgeable posters whose opinion I really appreciate (CBNY & Beerfish to name two) and those with really enjoyable "on-line personalities" that contribute some valuable insight and clever repartee.

Yeah, I probably post my share of knee jerk reactions and bs sometimes, but this team will do that to you.

Hope we get a real GM and a high draft pick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You must have me confused with the Blind Homer Cult who invaded every single thread between May and September with their "we're going 12-4" bulls-it and shut down any realistic conversation.

Who is the poster who said the Jets will go 12-4?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's frustrating about this season for me,is not so much we suck.If we sucked but with some good young players I would be ok

But what I hate is they keep playing the same old sorry a$$ players.Greene,Scott,Pace,Thomas,Connor, Sanchez.etc

Maybe the players behind them are worse,but they way I look at it is they are not going anywhere this season.Time to see what the young players got.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Who is the poster who said the Jets will go 12-4?
    His name is Ray Ray19 and not only did he predict it, he promised it too.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    You are one of the biggest attention whores here. This site need to find its balance rather than letting bullies run the asylum.
    A true attention whore is someone who starts a thread simply to announce to the board that he is taking a break from the board because he can't handle the content.

As if it's important for all of us to know this.

Especially someone who's rarely posted in the last 2 years.

Why just yesterday I was thinking, "Hmm, I wonder what Arod thinks of all of this? I wish he would come out and start a thread to let us know."

Thank you Arod. I don't have to wonder anymore. Have a nice break!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    SAR and his SOJF Crew~~1
    ARodKeyWestJetFan and the real Jets fans~~0
    Actually, a REAL Jets fan could handle it.

Good or bad.

After all, that's been the story of our fandom since Day 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attention whore? You must have me confused with the Blind Homer Cult who invaded every single thread between May and September with their "we're going 12-4" bulls-it and shut down any realistic conversation.

The "bullies" ruined the site all spring and summer and now run away when things get tough.

Quite hypocritical.

SAR I
    I am fast becoming a SAR Fan. Big time. To correct the OP, in the Summer when all of you were predicting this garbage heap to go 12-4 was actually when this site was unreadable. Now when the truth comes out and the fit hits the shan is the best time to be at JI.
    Last edited by ASH_1962; 10-13-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. And feel free to single me out any time you want. But please quote me properly so I am aware I am being singled out.

STH. Went to Buffalo game, left the SF at halftime (not b.c of game). Sold my tickets to a Jets fan for Monday night's game b.c I could not attend. I will be there tomorrow, Miami game, I will miss NE (Thanksgiving). I do not know if I will be going to the AZ and SD games yet.

What does playing with heart have to do with anything? At the very least they should give a good effort. They are professionals. There are no moral victories.

And yes, we are lucky to be 2-3. Miami game was a gift. We did not show up against Pitt and SF. And Houston basically toyed with us. They scored when they needed to and got stops when they needed to. The Buffalo game was a nice treat, but it was the exception and not the rule. This team has sucked on offense for over a year now and has done nothing to improve it and Rex's D has deteriorated right before our eyes. AND THIS TEAM SUCKED BEFORE THE INJURIES, so save that excuse.

Not sure what going to games has to do with being able to criticize the team. Anybody with eyes can see what is wrong. You don't need to be there to see it.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 10-13-2012 at 12:01 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    +10000000000000000

For being an objective fan, we were labled SOJF and ridiculed by the idiot majority. It was never personal, we just saw the team that was put together this year vastly different. Those who didn't bother to think objectively were offended by the fact that we could question a single thing this front office has done over the past 4 or 5 seasons.

Well this team never had a chance this year. those of us who saw this coming, are not shocked and because we were prepared for what was coming, we have been able to handle it better than those who blindly thought we were a 10 or 11 win team and now are dismayed at the early results.
    This.

I would love to mention the names of those who ridiculed anyone who questioned the talent on this team.