Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Matter What Happens Sunday, It' Can't Be Worse....

No Matter What Happens Sunday, It' Can't Be Worse....

....than watching my Washington Nationals die in the playoffs last last.

It was like being a Jets Fan all over again.

Give you hope.

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

Wait for it..

*Thonk*

Stab you in the spine, hope withdrawn, heatbreak instead.

N.....a.....t.....s.....NATS, JETS, CHOKE!

Guess now I'm a Same Old Nats Fan as well as a Same Old Jets Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Give you hope.

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

Wait for it..

*Thonk*

How is anyone a Nats fan? Did you root for the Montreal Expos growing up?

All Pro
    You mean the Montreal Expos.... and yes.

Jets Insider VIP
    That loss was disturbingly SOJ-like. I feel for you, Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2
    Did you root for the Montreal Expos growing up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Montreal Expos

Guess Twins Fans and Rangers Fans can all eat a dick then, since they both started as the Senators, eh? And for that matter, so can the vaunted New York, lord of all baseball towns, who also lost two teams to relocation, the Brooklyn Dodger and New York Giants, themselves? Cheap shots will get you nowhere boys.

In any event, I grew up a Mets Fan of sorts with a few favorite players on the Yankees too (Long Island in the 80's, how could you not), never terribly beholden to either of them. Abandoned them both when I was old enough to play baseball, and generally stopped caring about the pro game.

Rediscovered my love of baseball as an adult, living down here, when the Nats were restored and baseball was back in DC after 50 years or so.

All Pro
    Hey, I genuinely liked the expos. I was born in montreal. That was residual bitterness.

All Pro
    Hey, I genuinely liked the expos. I was born in montreal. That was residual bitterness.
    +1....minus the born in Montreal.

And yes, that was an epic, titanic like meltdown last night.

Maybe Strasburg SHOULD have been pitching.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They were 1 pitch away

Devastating way to end a season

Cardinals have a horseshoe up their ass'

Undrafted Free Agent
    Moi aussi.
    It lingers............. like athritic pain on a damp day.

Lucky I have my JETS to fill the void. Never a dull moment yes??

Jets Insider VIP
    FWIW, I didn't see those comments as cheap shots.

So you think it's tough being a jets fan? how about if we finally assemble the all world team, best in the league and playing like it after all these years. Then the league cancels the rest of the season in a labor dispute. That is what it was like as an expo fan.

The Nats got what they desrerved in shutting down perhaps their top pitcher becasue they had predetermined before the year they would do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    They were 1 pitch away

Devastating way to end a season

Cardinals have a horseshoe up their ass'
    Amazing one strike away from ending their season 2 years in a row and they find a way to win

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    So you think it's tough being a jets fan? how about if we finally assemble the all world team, best in the league and playing like it after all these years. Then the league cancels the rest of the season in a labor dispute. That is what it was like as an expo fan.

The Nats got what they desrerved in shutting down perhaps their top pitcher becasue they had predetermined before the year they would do so.
    That's right. That was poetic justice last night.

There's a difference between a really good pitcher and an ace. The Nats should have had their ace on the mound, not sitting in the dugout. He should have been doing what Verlander and Sabathia did in their respective game 5's. The Tigers had a 6-0 lead too...and there was no way in hell they were taking Verlander out of that game.

Guess Twins Fans and Rangers Fans can all eat a dick then, since they both started as the Senators, eh? And for that matter, so can the vaunted New York, lord of all baseball towns, who also lost two teams to relocation, the Brooklyn Dodger and New York Giants, themselves? Cheap shots will get you nowhere boys.

In any event, I grew up a Mets Fan of sorts with a few favorite players on the Yankees too (Long Island in the 80's, how could you not), never terribly beholden to either of them. Abandoned them both when I was old enough to play baseball, and generally stopped caring about the pro game.

Rediscovered my love of baseball as an adult, living down here, when the Nats were restored and baseball was back in DC after 50 years or so.
    bandwagon is getting full...u sure you on for next year?

Banned

Give you hope.

Wait for it....

Wait for it...

Wait for it..

*Thonk*

Damn, turned the game off after it was 6-zip.

Fish, the good news is your baseball team has a much brighter future than your football team.

It wasn't a cheap shot. I seriously had no clue that they had any real fans that cared. Thought people just went to their games because it was something to do. Any baseball fans down there, the few of them, were Orioles fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Fish, that was absolutely brutal. I was pulling for the Nats too. The closer was awful. You absolutely cant walk 2 hitters in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Damn, turned the game off after it was 6-zip.

Fish, the good news is your baseball team has a much brighter future than your football team.
    lol. That was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    It wasn't a cheap shot.

Any baseball fans down there, the few of them, were Orioles fans.
    Thanks for your feedback Mr. Peter Angelos.

'Yes, there are real, authentic, Baseball Fans in D.C., and most of us think the BALTIMORE O's can EAD.

It's like saying "There are no real Jets Fans, any real Football Fan is a Giants Fan".

For a City with no real fans, we sure did ok in attendence:

14 Washington 79 Games 2,370,794

17 NY Mets 80 Games 2,242,803

20 Baltimore 79 Games 2,102,240

I'm a Jets Fan, sharing a msiery I figured my fellow Jets Fans might understand. Wasn't a need for 'DC is a ****ty Baseball town, lolz" trolling.
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-13-2012 at 07:20 PM.