Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets name pro wrestler -- and Patriots fan -- John Cena honorary captain for Sunday

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Woody is paying a Pats fan to earnestly lead a Jets chant. How humiliating for the Pats!
    It will be SO humbling to see this New England wrestler lead the J-E-T-S chant as an honorary captain. Wonder if he'll be in full costume?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    First we had a Dolphins fan leading the J-E-T-S chants. Now we're gonna have a Pats fan do it. What next? A Bills fan?

We are such a dumb franchise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
    Maybe they will bring back the frisbee catching dogs for halftime
    AKA the Jets WR core?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Major facepalm city. That is all.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is so stupid. This really is a total embarrassment.
    The Jets are PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES. To bring in a phony professional wrestler to be "team captain" so the WWF can promote wrestlemania is just a smack in the face to our entire locker room. The NFL should of stepped in and said "No"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
    Maybe they will bring back the frisbee catching dogs for halftime
    My Dad and always joke to each other at halftime, "Where are the Frisbee dogs?". We are serious every time...

By far the most exciting half time show they have ever put out

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets name pro wrestler -- and Patriots fan -- John Cena honorary captain for Sunday's game vs Colts

BY Manish Mehta

Professional wrestler John Cena will be an honorary captain for the Jets' game against the Colts on Sunday. Cena will lead a J-E-T-S chant before the game, according to the WWE. The decision to bring in Cena is likely tied to the fact that Met Life Stadium will host Wrestlemania on April 7, 2013.

However, Cena is a Massachusetts native and a Patriots fan.

It's a curious decision by the Jets to have a Patriots fan lead a J-E-T-S chant.

It'll be interesting to see how die-hard Jets fans react before kickoff.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...ndays-game-vs-

I know someone posted this in yesterday's tweets..

What a joke of a franchise..Woody just doesn't have a clue about what fans are...What HIS fans are...

Let Woody know on twitter
    @woodyjohnson4
    At this point there is nothing to do but laugh at this sorry owner and team. There really is no words. When do the fans collectively turn on this owner and team.

Now a wrestler who is a Pats fan? How funny is this? An absolute joke

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ If this doesn't illustrate where Woody stands as far as whether he gives a sh*t about the Jets, I don't what will.

It's all about the benjamins....We are in trouble, Jets fans. I fear we will not have anything worthwhile happen in our lifetimes until Woody gets tired of owning an NFL team and sells it to someone who GIVES A SH*T.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ If this doesn't illustrate where Woody stands as far as whether he gives a sh*t about the Jets, I don't what will.

It's all about the benjamins....We are in trouble, Jets fans. I fear we will not have anything worthwhile happen in our lifetimes until Woody gets tired of owning an NFL team and sells it to someone who GIVES A SH*T.
    Stop being so dramatic

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fear we will not have anything worthwhile happen in our lifetimes until Woody gets tired of owning an NFL team and sells it to someone who GIVES A SH*T.
    Giving less sh1t than Woody? Unlikely!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    You all forget that this is a very wealthy mans hobby. A hobby that makes him money, so why would he care if he's a fan or not. He just does not give a f()ck about the fans or the team.
    You have to wonder if any of the owners really care.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Woody is paying a Pats fan to earnestly lead a Jets chant. How humiliating for the Pats!
    My youngest son and I were among a group of a few thousand Pats fans who were in Charlotte at the end of the 2001 season, yelling the 'J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets' chant. It was strange really. We'd root for the Pats to beat the Panthers and then root for the Jets during the breaks. We were hoping that our chant would give the Jets a win against Oakland so the Pats could get one more home playoff game out of the old place before they tore it down. It worked.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    My youngest son and I were among a group of a few thousand Pats fans who were in Charlotte at the end of the 2001 season, yelling the 'J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets' chant. It was strange really. We'd root for the Pats to beat the Panthers and then root for the Jets during the breaks. We were hoping that our chant would give the Jets a win against Oakland so the Pats could get one more home playoff game out of the old place before they tore it down. It worked.
    That was you, huh? I always said that John Hall needed to thank the good Pats fans in Charlotte for that kick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    pro wrestling is great and not at all gay.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Vin, been saying this for awhile now. Love that others are seeing this as well. It is Woddy who is orchestrating this shell of an organization. Quite pathetic. I find it difficult to even say with a staight face. A pro wrestler, who is a Patriots fan, is an honorary capain today? In light of this, I cant believe I got so upset at the JETS for making Santonio Holmes captain!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never like Cena. WWE keep putting these JAs up there as far as I'm concerned. I stopped watching wrestling 5 years ago because of guys like him. Bring the Rock in. Heck use him at RB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So ****ing what...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is there to promote Wrestling event at JetLife Stadium.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    captain? so is he going to be giving a motivational corny speech.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So it turned out to be a good move for the Jets, despite all the crying in this thread.

I say Woody and Tannenbaum bring John out next week too, in fact make him the LONE honorary Captain, he walks out in a Jets Jersey, with a Revis jersey in his hand!