Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92

Thread: Jets name pro wrestler -- and Patriots fan -- John Cena honorary captain for Sunday

  1. #41
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,348
    Images
    38320
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets name pro wrestler -- and Patriots fan -- John Cena honorary captain for Sunday's game vs Colts

    BY Manish Mehta

    Professional wrestler John Cena will be an honorary captain for the Jets' game against the Colts on Sunday. Cena will lead a J-E-T-S chant before the game, according to the WWE. The decision to bring in Cena is likely tied to the fact that Met Life Stadium will host Wrestlemania on April 7, 2013.

    However, Cena is a Massachusetts native and a Patriots fan.

    It's a curious decision by the Jets to have a Patriots fan lead a J-E-T-S chant.

    It'll be interesting to see how die-hard Jets fans react before kickoff.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...ndays-game-vs-

    I know someone posted this in yesterday's tweets..

    What a joke of a franchise..Woody just doesn't have a clue about what fans are...What HIS fans are...

    Let Woody know on twitter
    @woodyjohnson4
    I was watching this A-hole during the pre-game thinking what a F-ing embarrassment and disgrace.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I was watching this A-hole during the pre-game thinking what a F-ing embarrassment and disgrace.
    Who? Woody?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I was watching this A-hole during the pre-game thinking what a F-ing embarrassment and disgrace.
    This!............spot on

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,509
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I was watching this A-hole during the pre-game thinking what a F-ing embarrassment and disgrace.
    But yet since we won, some people think it was a good move and we should do it again.

  5. #45
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,348
    Images
    38320
    I have to think that they are desperate to sell out Wrestlemania to make up for the lost Jets PSL sales.

    This is the only reason I can think that a Jets owner would allow an open passionate Patsie fan to MC the pre-game festivities at a Jets game.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I have to think that they are desperate to sell out Wrestlemania to make up for the lost Jets PSL sales.

    This is the only reason I can think that a Jets owner would allow an open passionate Patsie fan to MC the pre-game festivities at a Jets game.
    It is very clear where JETS fans are on Woody's list.

    Who cares if the paying customer is embarrassed and ridiculed when there is money to me made on the WWE?

    Class act that Woody is

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I have to think that they are desperate to sell out Wrestlemania to make up for the lost Jets PSL sales.

    This is the only reason I can think that a Jets owner would allow an open passionate Patsie fan to MC the pre-game festivities at a Jets game.


    Read his hat. Notice the color pink?

    Susan G. Komen Foundation. Same as the entire NFL right now.

    what an "embarrassment and disgrace".

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,018
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    It is very clear where JETS fans are on Woody's list.

    Who cares if the paying customer is embarrassed and ridiculed when there is money to me made on the WWE?

    Class act that Woody is
    You mean paid. Psl's are paid for, he could give two sh*t about the upper bowl.

  9. #49
    I agree. Woody has failed Jets nation. At one point I thought he was as passionate as the fans when he said he wanted to win a Super Bowl in a big way. Now I'm thinking he just wants the money that winning a Super Bowl would bring. This guy sucks and he's embarrassing/insulting our intelligence.

    Note to Woody. We're not that dumb (well FF2 is dumb but other than that...).

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    It is very clear where JETS fans are on Woody's list.

    Who cares if the paying customer is embarrassed and ridiculed when there is money to me made on the WWE?

    Class act that Woody is
    When you come up for air from your pool of self-wallowing SOJF drivel...

    The Jets won a game today in impressive fashion

    Carry on

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    When you come up for air from your pool of self-wallowing SOJF drivel...

    The Jets won a game today in impressive fashion

    Carry on
    Lets be real here Ray, this isn't about a win on the field at all and I think you know it. I'm as happy as any that we won. This isn't about winning football games. It's about exploiting the Jets to make money at the expense of the real fans. This is embarrassing. Do you think for a second that John Henry (owner of the Red Sox) would bring Billy Crystal out to sing "Take me out to the ball game" at Fenway? Or do you think Matt Damon would come out and lead the Yankees roll call even if it was for some charity case? Let's be honest here.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    When you come up for air from your pool of self-wallowing SOJF drivel...

    The Jets won a game today in impressive fashion

    Carry on
    WTF does Cena have to do with that???

    Why don't you go bully and drop some F-bombs on Sooth? He criticized it too.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Lets be real here Ray, this isn't about a win on the field at all and I think you know it. I'm as happy as any that we won. This isn't about winning football games. It's about exploiting the Jets to make money at the expense of the real fans. This is embarrassing. Do you think for a second that John Henry (owner of the Red Sox) would bring Billy Crystal out to sing "Take me out to the ball game" at Fenway? Or do you think Matt Damon would come out and lead the Yankees roll call even if it was for some charity case? Let's be honest here.
    what expense? has this cost you money? ruined your day? boo hoo, i'm going to complain on the internet to my internet friends.

    jesus christ, it's a game. The man is promoting a foundation that aims to cure breast cancer, but he's not allowed to do so because he roots for a rival football team?

    believe it or not, there are far bigger things in life than f***ing football.

    continue your complaining.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    [INSERT DRIVEL]
    Yeah, you disappoint everyone.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I have no response because I realize how trivial this is and how far I'm overreacting.
    See what I did there?

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    what expense? has this cost you money? ruined your day? boo hoo, i'm going to complain on the internet to my internet friends.

    jesus christ, it's a game. The man is promoting a foundation that aims to cure breast cancer, but he's not allowed to do so because he roots for a rival football team?

    believe it or not, there are far bigger things in life than f***ing football.

    continue your complaining.
    Please direct this anger at Sooth as well.

    Chicken?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Please direct this anger at Sooth as well.

    Chicken?
    look 9 posts above yours.

    i'm awaiting his response.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    look 9 posts above yours.

    i'm awaiting his response.
    Yeah I saw that.

    I saw the subdued nature of that post. Quite different

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    WTF does Cena have to do with that???

    Why don't you go bully and drop some F-bombs on Sooth? He criticized it too.
    Typical Jordy, digging and prodding to start trouble

    I disagree with this thread, I don't care who posted in it.

    It was for the cause

    For anybody to take the move and suggest the team no longer despises the Patriot organization, and will not do everything possible to get the job done this week, you are fooling yourselves.

    Some of you take the actions of the organization far too seriously, teams do this sort of thing all across the league.

    Add the fact that Woody has a huge role in promoting the WWE Wrestlemania event for the stadium, it made even more sense. Cena just happens to be one of the WWE's biggest icons.

  20. #60
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Typical Jordy, digging and prodding to start trouble

    I disagree with this thread, I don't care who posted in it.

    It was for the cause

    For anybody to take the move and suggest the team no longer despises the Patriot organization, and will not do everything possible to get the job done this week, you are fooling yourselves.

    Some of you take the actions of the organization far too seriously, teams do this sort of thing all across the league.

    Add the fact that Woody has a huge role in promoting the WWE Wrestlemania event for the stadium, it made even more sense. Cena just happens to be one of the WWE's biggest icons.
    What I did was point out that you are more than willing to call out a poster you don't like but avoid saying anything to Sooth for expressing a similar sentiment.

    That's what I did.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us