Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: The Walking Dead back tomorrow

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Just watched it. I liked it, some great kill scenes and design with the zombies. I said to myself halfway through "oh awesome would it be if Whori's baby is born a zombie", lol this show is very predictable.

    It would be absolutely ridiculous if Herschel survives and doesn't become a zombie. There's no way he could survive that blood loss. Knowing this show though I fully expect him to be a ok.

    Also, the kid still sucks and they really are just going to let him walk around blasting zombies now??? PS that cowboy hat is hella ghey. I hope he bangs herschels other daughter though.

    Excellent recapery.

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Walking Dead but no way is it anywhere near as good as Dexter and Homeland yet it gets more than triple the ratings. I know it's basic cable versus premium but Homeland might not even be renewed for a 3rd season if this keeps up and they just swept the Emmys.

    My other thing is the whole Zombie genre has gotten old. How many movies, tv shows, video games, cartoons, books, comic books, telenovelas of people hiding in basements with shotguns shooting at zombies do people need?

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,755
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    My other thing is the whole Zombie genre has gotten old. How many movies, tv shows, video games, cartoons, books, comic books, telenovelas of people hiding in basements with shotguns shooting at zombies do people need?
    I would like to see some twists, like a guy starts dating a zombie girl and whether they can make the relationship work.

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I like Walking Dead but no way is it anywhere near as good as Dexter and Homeland yet it gets more than triple the ratings. I know it's basic cable versus premium but Homeland might not even be renewed for a 3rd season if this keeps up and they just swept the Emmys.

    My other thing is the whole Zombie genre has gotten old. How many movies, tv shows, video games, cartoons, books, comic books, telenovelas of people hiding in basements with shotguns shooting at zombies do people need?
    If anything Dexter has gotten old and tired....Dexter looks like he's is gonna get caught...Dexter almost gets caught...Dexter doesn't get caught.

    Rinse - lather- repeat.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    If anything Dexter has gotten old and tired....Dexter looks like he's is gonna get caught...Dexter almost gets caught...Dexter doesn't get caught.

    Rinse - lather- repeat.

    Exactly, at this point we're almost hate-watching Dexter. Michael C. Hall is top notch though, been a fan since Six Feet Under. At this point it's just a matter of how it ends and loling at the goofy stuff.

    And no way Homeland gets canceled. All the notoriety and cache it brings showtime is much more important than ratings. The Wire never got ratings.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least the show is on tonight. Pretty good episode so far.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Exactly, at this point we're almost hate-watching Dexter. Michael C. Hall is top notch though, been a fan since Six Feet Under. At this point it's just a matter of how it ends and loling at the goofy stuff.

    And no way Homeland gets canceled. All the notoriety and cache it brings showtime is much more important than ratings. The Wire never got ratings.
    Homeland got renewed for season 3.Big fan of the show

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Homeland got renewed for season 3.Big fan of the show
    They best slow down with the plot then!!!!!! Its getting real good.

    As far as Walking Dead goes, they take their sweet time getting things set up, I'm sure they could have done one episode and told what has happened in the past 2. But thats how they hook you in.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    I would like to see some twists, like a guy starts dating a zombie girl and whether they can make the relationship work.
    A movie about a lonely teenage girl who falls in love with a zombie with abs? That's a atm machine if I ever heard of one.

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Homeland got renewed for season 3.Big fan of the show
    Homeland's ratings are up significantly though it's just a fraction of what Walking Dead gets which is more than 10 million per episode. I'm not a Walking Dead hater but I can't for the life of me see how this is such an insanely popular show when every other video game, movie, comic book etc last 10 years has had zombie apocalypse. And then Dexter's supposed to be getting old? His sister just found out he was a mass murderer.

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Homeland's ratings are up significantly though it's just a fraction of what Walking Dead gets which is more than 10 million per episode. I'm not a Walking Dead hater but I can't for the life of me see how this is such an insanely popular show when every other video game, movie, comic book etc last 10 years has had zombie apocalypse. And then Dexter's supposed to be getting old? His sister just found out he was a mass murderer.
    I'm current with Dexter but don't be a ****ing twat... Note a spoiler before you drop something like that without warning...

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'm current with Dexter but don't be a ****ing twat... Note a spoiler before you drop something like that without warning...
    But I like twat

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us