Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Tomlinson Rips Sanchez. (again)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomlinson Rips Sanchez. (again)

This guy really has a knack for deciphering this locker room. So, he thinks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...t-mark-sanchez

The New York Jets coaching staff and front office has showed steadfast support in Mark Sanchez, but there has been a sense of late that it has been waning. NFL Network's LaDainian Tomlinson says Sanchez is also losing support in the locker room.
    Jones: Jets searching for answers
    Onside kick? Fake punt? Gadget plays? The Jets will try anything -- except starting Tim Tebow, Kim Jones writes. More ...

"Well (Sanchez's) almost at the end of his rope," Tomlinson said on NFL GameDay Morning. "Talking to guys in this locker room, they're starting not to trust Sanchez as a football player. Turning the football over, inconsistent play.

"And here's the thing, they have to get better play from the quarterback position. Rex Ryan has said it over and over again, but I think they're going to give Sanchez two or three more starts to try to turn this team around, and then they're going to go with Tim Tebow."

Tomlinson, of course, was in that Jets locker room last year. His comments don't bode well for Sanchez.

Then again, it's odd that all this criticism is coming after a good performance by Sanchez. Anyone that blames Sanchez for the team's loss against the Texans is willfully blind or has an agenda.

Sunday shapes up as a pivotal start for Sanchez. If he doesn't play well and the Jets fall to 2-4, Tebow may finally get his shot.
    Gooooooooo Jets!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another day, another dollar...TANK THE SEASON

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who blames Sanchez for last weeks loss has an agenda? really? oh ok.

Guess Tom Brady, Peyton/Eli Manning, even the diminutive Drew Brees would never have been able to throw the football over JJ Watt's head, and not have it batted back or intercepted repeatedly as this clown of a QB does no less than 2 times per game. I am tired of Sanchez poor play and continual lazy mistakes. Every time this guy goes up against a decent to good defense he wilts like a high school QB.

I only wish to see my Jets play in the SB before I die.
    If this is an agenda I guess I am guilty.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post

Guess Tom Brady, Peyton/Eli Manning, even the diminutive Drew Brees would never have been able to throw the football over JJ Watt's head, and not have it batted back or intercepted repeatedly as this clown of a QB does no less than 2 times per game. I am tired of Sanchez poor play and continual lazy mistakes. Every time this guy goes up against a decent to good defense he wilts like a high school QB.

well said and I am in the same boat with you. Sanchez never looks off his receivers! Watt KNEW where he was going to throw as per Klecko! All the excuses in word will not make him an accurate passer. He MUST learn to set his feet. he has not learned in 4 years so far! What makes anyone think he is going to learn any time soon?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT just read the stats report! Obviosly didn't watch the game. Could he have played much better sure, but he would be near the bottom of the list for that game.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tomlinson sounds like he is gay, so.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This guy can go f himself.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point i think that LT is just bitter that he came to the jets and still didnt get a ring, for which i think he blames sanchez.

He should blame himself for not showing up in the playoffs... ever...

Because of this, I have to take everything he says with a couple grains of salt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LT is one of those players that I always liked... then he retired and became an arsehole.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post

Well said, Ash, VERY well said...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could LT have been the "unnamed source" all along?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    LT is one of those players that I always liked... then he retired and became an arsehole.
    unfortunately