Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coples showed up today

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Not sure i follow that logic. A face mask is not after the play - its during the play. If it was after the play, it would be 15 yards from where he was sacked. Pretty sure that didnt happen.
    Actually that's what did happen

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Devito has been our most consistent run defender. The guy is as solid as solid can be.

If anything, Coples should be taking playing time from Wilkerson. Has anyone even seen the guy this season?

Where are all of the Jets homers that said Wilkerson would have 8 sacks this season? The guy has been a total disappointment and deserves to have playing time taken away from him.
    He had a sack today and has been great against the run except for the SF game. PFF had him ranked, prior to this game, as the #3 3-4 DE in the NFL. Elite run stuffer, and a budding pass rusher. He is part of the solution with Coples and possibly Ellis as well.

Whether he was credited with 1 or 3 sacks, he had 3 in reality so that's a good thing.

Will got some pressure and had a strip sack. I even think I saw Aaron Maybin around the ball a few times!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    He had a sack today and has been great against the run except for the SF game. PFF had him ranked, prior to this game, as the #3 3-4 DE in the NFL. Elite run stuffer, and a budding pass rusher. He is part of the solution with Coples and possibly Ellis as well.
    No you have it all wrong...positivity is not allowed on this board...if a player doesan't become a HOF'r by the second year he is a bust...we have to rebuild...

All League
    People can't seem to grasp if one guy is doing his job really well, but the rest of the guys aren't, its not his fault.

Wilkerson has been really good and Coples is raw.

All League
    Devito has been our most consistent run defender. The guy is as solid as solid can be.

If anything, Coples should be taking playing time from Wilkerson. Has anyone even seen the guy this season?

Where are all of the Jets homers that said Wilkerson would have 8 sacks this season? The guy has been a total disappointment and deserves to have playing time taken away from him.
    Interesting that you say Devito has been our best run defender, then bash Wilkerson, who is actually the teams best run defender, in the span of two sentences.

Do you even watch the games?

It seems like you spend the whole game typing out negative posts that fit with your F'ed up agenda instead of actually watching what is really going on on the field. Either that or you are simply oblivious; or maybe just simple

Can we please give a rookie a whole season, off-season and training camp before we lynch them or send them to the hall of fame?

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post

It seems like you spend the whole game typing out negative posts that fit with your F'ed up agenda instead of actually watching what is really going on on the field. Either that or you are simply oblivious; or maybe just simple
    Some posters are quite ridiculous with their transparent agenda.

Wilkerson has been money lately. De Vito hasn't matched Big Mo but don't let that get in the way of a cool story bro...

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Some posters are quite ridiculous with their transparent agenda.

Wilkerson has been money lately. De Vito hasn't matched Big Mo but don't let that get in the way of a cool story bro...
    Simms was even talking Mo Wilk up for most of the game and pointing out how good he's been. How does the dude miss that if he actually watched the game and was even somewhat paying attention... smh

let him play.

Amazing what the guy can do when he actually you know gets playing time.

That is what has frustrated me about this team this year.All the vets kept getting the playing time when they weren't performing.Let the young guys get a shot.Look at Mcknight today.

That's what I loved about today.I saw Coples,Davis,Allen,Mcknight,Maybin all get a lot of playing time.This needs to keep happening.Scott,Thomas,Pace,Smith need to start getting phased out.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Interesting that you say Devito has been our best run defender, then bash Wilkerson, who is actually the teams best run defender, in the span of two sentences.
    Agree

I think people forget that Mo was brought in to be the end in a 34 defense.Unless you name is JJ Watt that position is not gonna get a ton of sacks.

I know it was the Colts not a good running team.But maybe Rex hit on something with Devito at the nose with Coples and Mo at the ends.An improvement over Pouha,who I don't think has been healthy all year

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Not sure i follow that logic. A face mask is not after the play - its during the play. If it was after the play, it would be 15 yards from where he was sacked. Pretty sure that didnt happen.
    The 15 yds was from where he was sacked. The big issue was getting a new first down rather than yardage because the net penalty was about 5 yds from original line of scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    A big difference is that Coples started. Hes gotten a lot more playing time which he should get.
    Exactly. What was the main difference in this game compared to previous games? More playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    And TOTALLY inconsistent as I already mentioned. If he can't bring it like Devito can CONSISTENTLY then you'd agree he should lose playing time to Coples?

I mean isn't that what we complain about Sanchez for? Inconsistency? Hell, the Jets are on the verge of making a QB switch all because of Sanchez's inconsistency.

But I guess that doesn't matter when it comes to Wilkerson?

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Agree

I think people forget that Mo was brought in to be the end in a 34 defense.Unless you name is JJ Watt that position is not gonna get a ton of sacks.

I know it was the Colts not a good running team.But maybe Rex hit on something with Devito at the nose with Coples and Mo at the ends.An improvement over Pouha,who I don't think has been healthy all year
    I've never expected sacks from Wilk. I always said he's another Shaun Ellis. That means not many sacks if any at all.

I just think benching Devito is absurd when you look at defending the run. The Jets are horrible against the run and Mike Devito has been a consistent run stopper even during the bad games this season.

Meanwhile, Wilk has gone with the team. If the defense is playing well, he seems to have a good game. If the defense is playing bad, Wilk never showed up for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post

You mean like you being stuck up a POS QB's a$$? Go crawl back under your rock.

Wilkerson has been our best defensive lineman this year. He's also been the most consistent, more consistent that Devito even.

And c'mon guys it's not hard to figure out that Mainejet likes Devito because he played his college ball at Maine.

I believe Devito played really well today. He wasn't playing the same position as Coples and Wilk. He played inside at nose in 3-4 and 3T in the 4-3 looks.

Coples plays DE in both alignments but looks to be a natural pass rusher in the 4-3 to me. The the key to our pass rush is a getting a DE/OLB that can rush opposite Coples. Unfortunately I don't think he is on the roster right now. Maybin played a lot of snaps today but overall Coples was the only guy getting to the QB