Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Cro Pick-6

First Cro Pick-6

Was the Aaron Maybin call BS? If the ball is intercepted and being returned isn't Luck viewed as a would be tackler? Why is knocking him down any different?

All Pro
    Cromartie wuz robbed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Definite BS. The refs were ridiculously bad today.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Was the Aaron Maybin call BS? If the ball is intercepted and being returned isn't Luck viewed as a would be tackler? Why is knocking him down any different?
    Simple.
    Andrew Cluck is the new NFL Darling.

Thank you for playing.

The Reggie Wayne DPI was awful as well.

Possibly the worst call in the NFL ever!!!

Okay was just making sure I understood the rules. But great we now have a QB that is getting protected as a rookie. Irony being when Sanchez was a rookie Rex was losing his mind as refs just let defenders just tee off on him.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    I disagree, Cro was clearly pulling down on Wayne's jersey and hindering his ability to go up for the ball himself. Had Cro not interfered there would be no pick.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    That call was correct, Cro had a pretty good hold of Wayne's shoulder as the ball was in the air.

But I was at the game and they didn't show a good replay of the Maybin penalty, just checked it out and wow, what a terrible call. It was a solid block on a player that was close to the play. It wasn't like he was just looking for a cheap shot on the QB, it was a legit block.

No one at the game had any clue what that penalty was. The refs were horrendous today. Every play I feared there was a penalty. Worst was when Reggie Wayne fell down and Cro got called for PI.

Have you ever seen a player have 2 INT returns for TDs both called back for questionable penalties? That could only happen to Cro and the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Simple.
    Andrew Cluck is the new NFL Darling.

Thank you for playing.
    THIS. make no mistake...the NFL tells the refs we need a NEW face for the league.

Cro was robbed.

Sickening.....Hines Ward made hits like that his entire career.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    No one at the game had any clue what that penalty was. The refs were horrendous today. Every play I feared there was a penalty. Worst was when Reggie Wayne fell down and Cro got called for PI.

Have you ever seen a player have 2 INT returns for TDs both called back for questionable penalties? That could only happen to Cro and the Jets.
    That DPI was there, but the block on Luck was clearly within the rules. Don't know wtf the penalty was for.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post
    That call was correct, Cro had a pretty good hold of Wayne's shoulder as the ball was in the air.

But I was at the game and they didn't show a good replay of the Maybin penalty, just checked it out and wow, what a terrible call. It was a solid block on a player that was close to the play. It wasn't like he was just looking for a cheap shot on the QB, it was a legit block.
    I dunno - they both had a hold of each other. I'm not saying that there was nothing there, but they were both equally physical and both playing the ball.

It wasn't the worst call ever, but overall, I'd really like to see that as a non-call.

if that was Vick getting creamed there is no way it would be a penalty.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Irony being when Sanchez was a rookie Rex was losing his mind as refs just let defenders just tee off on him.
    It is something, but not irony.

Sanchez is not white, Sanchez is Mexican.
    Last edited by Jets Fanatic; 10-15-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im pretty sure the refs knew they ****ed up, but they didn't want to negate the call and look stupid.

How can you have roughing the passer when a defender has the ball in his hands running in the QB's general vicinity?

LMAO

All League
    We definitely got our money's worth on the Facemask penalty though. (Was it Coples?) About twisted Luck's head off...

All League
    Charter JI Member

The penalty wasn't for the block Maybin gave Luck. After Luck went down Maybin "gave him the business" so to speak. Supposedly you cannot see it on the replay, but after the two went down, Maybin threw a forearm to his head. Or so the story goes....

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
    The hit on Luck was for a forearm shot to the head after Luck was on the ground. You can see it on the live shot only. Good call.
    Collapse * Reply *Retweet *Favorite

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    The penalty wasn't for the block Maybin gave Luck. After Luck went down Maybin "gave him the business" so to speak. Supposedly you cannot see it on the replay, but after the two went down, Maybin threw a forearm to his head. Or so the story goes....
    O ok, thanks for that, I had no idea. Apparently Nantz and Simms didn't either because they didn't mention it at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Andrew Luck took some real shots yesterday. Obviously I agree that Maybin's block was perfectly legal but man, I think we roughed him pretty good for sixty minutes. Their coaching staff needs to be shot for having him in there still taking big hits with 30 seconds left on the clock and down by 20+ points. Stupid of them.

I agree with the interference on Cro with the 2nd INT.