Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Cro Pick-6

All League
    ya it was a BS call

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    The penalty wasn't for the block Maybin gave Luck. After Luck went down Maybin "gave him the business" so to speak. Supposedly you cannot see it on the replay, but after the two went down, Maybin threw a forearm to his head. Or so the story goes....
    Props for the Marty Lyons - Jim Kelly reference there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I disagree, Cro was clearly pulling down on Wayne's jersey and hindering his ability to go up for the ball himself. Had Cro not interfered there would be no pick.
    That is Revis's game, 24 does it all the time bull**** flag..Nice work Cro.

The penalty wasn't for the block Maybin gave Luck. After Luck went down Maybin "gave him the business" so to speak. Supposedly you cannot see it on the replay, but after the two went down, Maybin threw a forearm to his head. Or so the story goes....
    Ah I see, that makes more sense. Wouldn't we hold onto the pick tho? Since the unnecessary roughness is just like any other, not roughing the passer in this case? Plus it would have happened after the interception. Good thing about the 22-tape is I can verify this mysterious late hit

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Rex pretty much addressed that in his post game presser. He used the "giving him the business" line after saying it was a good block.

A lot more easy to digest stupid plays like this in a 26 pt laugher. But, our D had a couple of real bonehead penalties. I can stomach a Landry late hit out of bounds on a (rare) occasion, but the Mo Wilk late hit on the QB was just really stupid. I'm guessing Maybin's was as well (though I haven't seen it).

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Ah I see, that makes more sense. Wouldn't we hold onto the pick tho? Since the unnecessary roughness is just like any other, not roughing the passer in this case? Plus it would have happened after the interception. Good thing about the 22-tape is I can verify this mysterious late hit
    We did - we just didn't get the TD.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    We did hold onto the pick, just didn't get the deffensive TD and got backed up 15 yards.