Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chandler Jones

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    He's also playing on a better team. Brady gives their defense a big lead and they can tee off on their pass rush. It's a lot easier to rush the passer with the lead.
    LOL, how many games have the Pats had big leads in this year?

Like I said, I hope Coples turns out to be a solid player.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Yes, clearly after 6 games, he is the guy we should have taken. To play in a totally different system and play a different role. And after 6 games, that is a cold hard fact because, well, you can tell he's going to be a stud. But somehow you can tell that Coples won't.

God, just enjoy the win
    That's not enough for some people that the Jets win

Newflash guys: Seahawks beat the Pats and Coples contributed more to help his team win than anything Jones did.

So the real Jets fans can claim the game victory and the moral victory on this one

Yes, clearly after 6 games, he is the guy we should have taken. To play in a totally different system and play a different role. And after 6 games, that is a cold hard fact because, well, you can tell he's going to be a stud. But somehow you can tell that Coples won't.

God, just enjoy the win
    Jones would have fit into our system perfectly and filled a bigger need at OLB/DE. He plays standing up and with his hand on the ground for the Pats, so he would fit right in where Pace and Thomas are playing for us, except he would supply the pass rush those guys dont.

Be happy with the win and with Coples play today, but I doubt anyone could watch both guys on tape this year and honestly say they wouldn't trade Coples for Jones.

We also should have drafted Brooks Reed over Mo Wilkerson... just saying.

LMAO mention anything about a NON Jet and its "SOJF blah blah" or "geez enjoy the win"

WTF is going on here? Talk about 1 extreme to another. I loved todays win and I was excited. I was one of the people who said we should have gone after Jones cause he had elite pass rush potential. Who watched the titans vs Pats game? They double teamed him on all passing situations. The dude is a play maker and he's a stud. I don't mind Coples but he doesn't have elite pass rush ability. Agree with the notion that Hill could be the steal of the draft this is true. The dummies who can't look at any criticism of this team or hear anything about a non jet without yelling "SOJF" .. "ENJOY THE WIN KID" and getting their panties in a bunch sound like THEY need to get laid. Relax guys ... nobody is NOT enjoying anything cause someone doesn't like Shonn Greene and thinks Chandler Jones could be the steal of the draft. Calm it down!

Numbers for numbers, impact for impact... I'd say they are on the same plane.

That said, Coples does his work from the inside. Jones is an outside guy. It's easier to do work from the outside than from the inside, I think we can all agree on that.

AND Jones has only played 10x more snaps than Coples. Talk about over reacting. How about waiting a few years into their careers until we say who's the best player EVAR!!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Numbers for numbers, impact for impact... I'd say they are on the same plane.

That said, Coples does his work from the inside. Jones is an outside guy. It's easier to do work from the outside than from the inside, I think we can all agree on that.

AND Jones has only played 10x more snaps than Coples. Talk about over reacting. How about waiting a few years into their careers until we say who's the best player EVAR!!!!????
    lol where did you get those playing snaps stats from? How has Jones played 10x more snaps? He's mainly in there on passing downs and he sat out a couple of quarters cause of a bruised shin or whatever. Have you watched the kid play? Just look at him play and watch Coples play ... its obvious right NOW Jones is the bigger impact guy and honestly Jones came out way too raw. He's not even close to developed but off pass rushing ability alone ... its not even close. Not sure why some of you guys are getting butt hurt every chance you get when you see someone say anything about another teams player lol. Its starting to get ridiculous. I like Jet players ... RELAX.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    lol where did you get those playing snaps stats from? How has Jones played 10x more snaps? He's mainly in there on passing downs and he sat out a couple of quarters cause of a bruised shin or whatever. Have you watched the kid play? Just look at him play and watch Coples play ... its obvious right NOW Jones is the bigger impact guy and honestly Jones came out way too raw. He's not even close to developed but off pass rushing ability alone ... its not even close. Not sure why some of you guys are getting butt hurt every chance you get when you see someone say anything about another teams player lol. Its starting to get ridiculous. I like Jet players ... RELAX.
    You are on such a roll today as the annoying negative nancy nobody cares about...

You are on such a roll today as the annoying negative nancy nobody cares about...
    +1

Ignore the pipsqueak

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Jones would have fit into our system perfectly and filled a bigger need at OLB/DE. He plays standing up and with his hand on the ground for the Pats, so he would fit right in where Pace and Thomas are playing for us, except he would supply the pass rush those guys dont.

Be happy with the win and with Coples play today, but I doubt anyone could watch both guys on tape this year and honestly say they wouldn't trade Coples for Jones.
    LMAO, no one would trade a player for another 6 games in. You are too much bro.

Jets Insider VIP
    Also not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Also not true.
    Doesn't make sense. Then who takes Wilks' place. We'd be left with a bigger problem

LMAO, no one would trade a player for another 6 games in. You are too much bro.
    Uh... Either you haven't watched any Pats games this year, or you are kidding yourself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Uh... Either you haven't watched any Pats games this year, or you are kidding yourself.
    6 games brosef, he could have a bijillion sacks, It doesn't matter.

6 games wouldnt change the Jets mind in their pick of Coples over Jones.

Real life doesn't work like that.

If the Jets wanted Jones they would have taken him. 6 games doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Doesn't make sense. Then who takes Wilks' place. We'd be left with a bigger problem
    Are problem on D is a lack of pass rush and setting the edge. Our D would be a lot better at getting to the passer with Reed and Jones rushing from the edges. We could have added another run stuffer to rotate in the middle with Pouha, Devito, Ellis and the other rookie, a lot easier than we could find another edge rusher... The fact that we still don't have one is proof of this.

Whoever said that Coples and Jones bc of their position, draft position, and teams, would be tied at the hip for their careers was right...

6 games brosef, he could have a bijillion sacks, It doesn't matter.

6 games wouldnt change the Jets mind in their pick of Coples over Jones.

Real life doesn't work like that.

If the Jets wanted Jones they would have taken him. 6 games doesn't change anything.
    Wrong. They would trade Copkes for Jones in a heartbeat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Lmao You're hopeless.

Practice Squad
    Coples had his first start yesterday and played very well. It's easier to generate pressure with more snaps because you can see the tendencies of your opponent. Jones has been starting and playing pretty much every snap since the season started. Let's keep first year judgment until after Coples has had a few starts.

Practice Squad
    Brooks Reed is overrated. A non-dynamic slightly stiff hipped player with a high motor. Wilkerson is much more valuable than Reed. Plus, Demario Davis will probably be just as good as Reed. Much easier to find a replacement for Reed than Wilkerson.