Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: See How Good Mark Sanchez Looks With Shutdown D and Ground & Pound?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

See How Good Mark Sanchez Looks With Shutdown D and Ground & Pound?

Today was the perfect example of why Mark Sanchez is the right quarterback for the Rex Ryan Jets.

He was not brought here to be Peyton Manning. He was brought here to run a conservative, mistake-free passing game that compliments a ball-control rushing attack and a power defense. With strong field position and LB's that need to worry about the running backs, Mark is very effective.

Mark Sanchez is not our problem, hasn't ever been, frankly. When our D is pedestrian and our rushing attack anemic, it puts too much pressure on the passing game and we're not built for that.

SAR I

he threw for 4.6 yards per pass, 82 yards. didn't do anything bad but that's about all you can say.

and yes, any quarterback is going to look ok with the benefit of 4 turnovers by the other team and 252 rushing yards.

this makes 0 sense.

he was not brought here to be peyton manning? are you kidding me? who drafts a qb and says to themselves "gee, i know he'll never be that good but if we surround him in the perfect situation he can resemble a decent game manager"

yeah, that's what we're looking for when drafting a qb top 5...

if this team ever gets a legit, elite qb, you will wonder how it was ever possible for yourself to think like this and make a statement like that.

Wasn't flashy, but super efficient in red zone. Finally had support from his team. Hills both played well. Holy **** a pass rush today

Shocking that I agree with SAR.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Today was the perfect example of why Mark Sanchez is the right quarterback for the Rex Ryan Jets.

He was not brought here to be Peyton Manning. He was brought here to run a conservative, mistake-free passing game that compliments a ball-control rushing attack and a power defense. With strong field position and LB's that need to worry about the running backs, Mark is very effective.

Mark Sanchez is not our problem, hasn't ever been, frankly. When our D is pedestrian and our rushing attack anemic, it puts too much pressure on the passing game and we're not built for that.

SAR I
    It's a shame the Jets can't play a 26th ranked rush defense every week.
    Last edited by jxc; 10-14-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    this makes 0 sense.

he was not brought here to be peyton manning? are you kidding me? who drafts a qb and says to themselves "gee, i know he'll never be that good but if we surround him in the perfect situation he can resemble a decent game manager"

yeah, that's what we're looking for when drafting a qb top 5...

if this team ever gets a legit, elite qb, you will wonder how it was ever possible for yourself to think like this and make a statement like that.
    Yeah actually thats exactly what Rex Ryan was looking for when he drafted a qb in top 5.This was the blueprint for Rex Ryan ball, this game was his wet dream. The problem is his defense is not as good as he wants and our running game is horrible.

Like Sar said Sanchez is the least of the problems. People want our offensively deficiant defence only oriented HC to have a dynamo elite QB, which even if Rex could have it would turn it down if that meant his defense wouldnt be good.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    he threw for 4.6 yards per pass, 82 yards. didn't do anything bad but that's about all you can say.
    4.6 per attempt, not completion. almost 8 yards per completion.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    It's a shame the Jets can't play a 26th rank rush defense every week.
    You're right; it seems to work really well for all the other teams the Jets have played so far also. Were the Jets ranked 30th or 31st before today?

Look, he needs to be more than a game manager. You don't trade up to 5th overall for just a game manager. That said he had a good game today. 2 of his incompletions were inaccurate, but outside of that he made all the throws he needed to and had 2 great TD passes. He can be much better but he needs to show consistency. I will say this-With all the pressure and negativity he is handling himself remarkably well. I don't ever think I've seen a QB get railed so hard by the media and not cave in from it.

Stupid thread by Sar. Give me a break. It was the friggin Colts, typical on again off again bull***t threads that show up after a win.....

Is this a ***ing joke? We drafted Mark to be able to hand the ball off and be able to beat bad teams relying on the running game and defense to do so?

Huh all this time I though we drafted a QB top 5 to be able to carry the team forward against the good teams like the Steelers, 49ers, and Texans. It will be interesting to see how this formula of hand the ball over and rely on the defense works against the Patriots next week.

SAR I
    Aaron Rodgers couldn't beat the Colts.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Is this a ***ing joke? We drafted Mark to be able to hand the ball off and be able to beat bad teams relying on the running game and defense to do so?

Huh all this time I though we drafted a QB top 5 to be able to carry the team forward against the good teams like the Steelers, 49ers, and Texans. It will be interesting to see how this formula of hand the ball over and rely on the defense works against the Patriots next week.
    You were delusional if you thought we drafted a QB to carry the team. Thats what the fans wanted thats not what Rex wanted. If Rex could have his QB throw the ball 5 times a game he would.

We drafted a qb in the first round not to be manning, but to not loose games for us in big spots. We've gotten more then Rex wanted because Sanchez actually has carried the team and saved the defense more times then the defense saved Sanchez.

I'm sure Ryan and Tannenbaum went, "We have the next Trent Dilfer here guys. Theres no way we can pass him up".

Cant tell if I'm being trolled though.

Veteran

SAR I
    No, he wasn't. Maybe as a rookie, but you don't spend the 5th overall pick in the draft in the hopes that the player you take will be nothing better than a "game manager" for his entire career.

When you draft a QB 5th overall, you do so with the expectation that by his 4th season, he will be able to win games for you even if every other component of his team isn't functioning perfectly.

Hall Of Fame
    Mark Sanchez was a product of the team today. The majority of the time when he is a difference maker, it is of the negative variety.

He is along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

Worked pretty well in the 2010 divisional round. If Sanchez puts up a performance like that with a W next sunday, this board will explode.

When Shonn Greene is running like that, the Jets coaching staff just decided to just have Sanchez get out of the way. He made plays when he needed to, but this is when he's most successful. When they get the play action going and the boot legs, Sanchez will really thrive.