Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: See How Good Mark Sanchez Looks With Shutdown D and Ground & Pound?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    It's a shame the Jets can't play a 26th ranked rush defense every week.
    Of course. I'm not saying we've turned some corner, we're still finishing 5-11.

My point is that when we control the ball on the ground and receive strong field position, Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback.

Obviously, we need a D and a running game that can do what they did today to the likes of the Niners or Texans, and we don't have that. Just saying that this is what Mark Sanchez was brought here to do. And he does it well.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    You were delusional if you thought we drafted a QB to carry the team. Thats what the fans wanted thats not what Rex wanted. If Rex could have his QB throw the ball 5 times a game he would.

We drafted a qb in the first round not to be manning, but to not loose games for us in big spots. We've gotten more then Rex wanted because Sanchez actually has carried the team and saved the defense more times then the defense saved Sanchez.
    I said carry the team forward against the good teams. What did Sanchez do last year against our biggest rival the Patriots? He craped the bed twice. Then what did he do the last few games of the year? Oh yea played terrible. Oh look an extremely tough stretch against the Steelers, 49ers and Texans thank god we can rely on our top 5 QB to lead the way. Oh no forget it we are paying Mark a fortune and drafted him top 5 to not make mistakes and win only if the team around him is perfect. My bad..............

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Stupid thread by Sar. Give me a break. It was the friggin Colts, typical on again off again bull***t threads that show up after a win.....
    I agree - this thread and the OP come across as half baked and not well thought out, if at all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    this makes 0 sense.

he was not brought here to be peyton manning? are you kidding me? who drafts a qb and says to themselves "gee, i know he'll never be that good but if we surround him in the perfect situation he can resemble a decent game manager"

yeah, that's what we're looking for when drafting a qb top 5...

if this team ever gets a legit, elite qb, you will wonder how it was ever possible for yourself to think like this and make a statement like that.
    Rex Ryan was annointed head coach of the New York Jets, made a speech to the assembled media. Which of the two did it sound like?

1) "We're going to win here. We're going to win in the air. We're going to throw the ball 30, 40, 50 times a game and get 400 yards in the air routinely. I don't care if we give up 45 points on defense each week. We're going to win it on finesse and an offense that can light it up."

2) "We're going to win here. We're going to win on defense. A shut-down, lights-out defense. That and a running game. Ground and pound, we're going to shove it down your throats. You hit one of ours, we're going to hit two of yours. Bring it on."

I forget. Enlighten me.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waah!! Waah!! Look at me! Look at me!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Stupid thread by Sar. Give me a break. It was the friggin Colts, typical on again off again bull***t threads that show up after a win.....

The point isn't "Mark Sanchez is a great quarterback!"

The point isn't "We dominated the elite AFC Indianapolis Colts!"

It doesn't matter how we dominated on D and how we were able to run the ball. The point is that when we DO dominate on D and we DO run the ball, Mark Sanchez isn't asked to do too much, isn't trying too hard, isn't forcing the ball into space, isn't calling stupid timeouts, etc. etc.

Mark Sanchez has nothing to do with the D and the running game. How they were as good as they were doesn't really matter. What matters is that when given good field position and given a ball control running back the QB that looked like shi-t in the 3 losses looked like gold today.

We are not built to win it in the air. So when we ask Mark to do that we fail.

We are what Rex Ryan proclaimed we are: A team that's going to win it on defense and ball-control power running game.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    this makes 0 sense.

he was not brought here to be peyton manning? are you kidding me? who drafts a qb and says to themselves "gee, i know he'll never be that good but if we surround him in the perfect situation he can resemble a decent game manager"

yeah, that's what we're looking for when drafting a qb top 5...

if this team ever gets a legit, elite qb, you will wonder how it was ever possible for yourself to think like this and make a statement like that.
    Here's the encouraging thing, man :

With the new rules on Rookie Salaries per the CBA, the Jets can now draft a QB without worrying about signing him to anything significant and if he doesn't pan out, try again next year. Make no mistake....Mark is going to be FIGHTING for his job next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Today was the perfect example of why Mark Sanchez is the right quarterback for the Rex Ryan Jets.

He was not brought here to be Peyton Manning. He was brought here to run a conservative, mistake-free passing game that compliments a ball-control rushing attack and a power defense. With strong field position and LB's that need to worry about the running backs, Mark is very effective.

Mark Sanchez is not our problem, hasn't ever been, frankly. When our D is pedestrian and our rushing attack anemic, it puts too much pressure on the passing game and we're not built for that.

SAR I
    AGREED. You also shouldn recognize that REX is growing too. REX has the guys playing for him . It was the COLTS but they played hard.

NEXT WEEK is huge.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    You were delusional if you thought we drafted a QB to carry the team. Thats what the fans wanted thats not what Rex wanted. If Rex could have his QB throw the ball 5 times a game he would.

We drafted a qb in the first round not to be manning, but to not loose games for us in big spots. We've gotten more then Rex wanted because Sanchez actually has carried the team and saved the defense more times then the defense saved Sanchez.
    People forget that we were a team with NO QUARTERBACK at all.

Pennington was punted, Favre disowned us. We had no one. Tannenbaum and Ryan decided to trade up to get the best QB prospect in the draft, and Mark Sanchez was that guy.

We drafted for need, not to groom some future-Eli-Manning. Would have been nice, of course, but the guy we got was a small piece in the Ryan puzzle. We win on D and G&P. We are not Air Coryell.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Waah!! Waah!! Look at me! Look at me!
    There were three great things that happened today:

Shut-down D.
    Ball-control ground game.
    Smart QB play.

There are lots of threads about the first two. Some of us would like to discuss the third. You don't need to.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    4.6 per attempt, not completion. almost 8 yards per completion.
    neither number being any good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mark Sanchez was a product of the team today. The majority of the time when he is a difference maker, it is of the negative variety.

He is along for the ride.
    But according to SAR, that's what we traded up to #5 in the draft for

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course when we had one of the best rosters in the league, we were able to contend with below average QB play. We don't have one of the best rosters in the league anymore. We need Mark to play well pretty much every game if we're gonna finish .500 with this team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course. I'm not saying we've turned some corner, we're still finishing 5-11.

My point is that when we control the ball on the ground and receive strong field position, Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback.

Obviously, we need a D and a running game that can do what they did today to the likes of the Niners or Texans, and we don't have that. Just saying that this is what Mark Sanchez was brought here to do. And he does it well.

SAR I
    Yes, he’s supposed to play the role of Dilfer. But in today’s NFL, that just won’t cut it. This offense is too one dimensional. But in their defence, most forget to mention that Sparano’s offense has been a work in progress. Add all the injuries they’ve had, then include the RT issue into the equation, it’s no wonder that they’ve failed to impress.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point isn't "Mark Sanchez is a great quarterback!"

The point isn't "We dominated the elite AFC Indianapolis Colts!"

It doesn't matter how we dominated on D and how we were able to run the ball. The point is that when we DO dominate on D and we DO run the ball, Mark Sanchez isn't asked to do too much, isn't trying too hard, isn't forcing the ball into space, isn't calling stupid timeouts, etc. etc.

Mark Sanchez has nothing to do with the D and the running game. How they were as good as they were doesn't really matter. What matters is that when given good field position and given a ball control running back the QB that looked like shi-t in the 3 losses looked like gold today.

We are not built to win it in the air. So when we ask Mark to do that we fail.

We are what Rex Ryan proclaimed we are: A team that's going to win it on defense and ball-control power running game.

SAR I
    I don't even know why i bothered replying to your thread. Talk to me next week...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually thought of your previous post regarding this subject while watching the game today. You are absolutely right. Mark looked solid, made the throws he was supposed to and didn't have to force anything. The running game, good field position, and the shut-down defense take the game off of his shoulders which he wasn't intended to carry. Good all around performance by the team today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR you had me until this thread.

11/18 for 82 yards is non NFL like.

Talk to me after next week's game

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was the perfect example of why Mark Sanchez is the right quarterback for the Rex Ryan Jets.

He was not brought here to be Peyton Manning. He was brought here to run a conservative, mistake-free passing game that compliments a ball-control rushing attack and a power defense. With strong field position and LB's that need to worry about the running backs, Mark is very effective.

Mark Sanchez is not our problem, hasn't ever been, frankly. When our D is pedestrian and our rushing attack anemic, it puts too much pressure on the passing game and we're not built for that.

SAR I
    Yes. He's like a more durable, less accurate Chad Pennington.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geekbeatking View Post
    I actually thought of your previous post regarding this subject while watching the game today. You are absolutely right. Mark looked solid, made the throws he was supposed to and didn't have to force anything. The running game, good field position, and the shut-down defense take the game off of his shoulders which he wasn't intended to carry. Good all around performance by the team today.
    What NFL QB wouldn't look decent today by what happened. Sanchez sucks...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    he threw for 4.6 yards per pass, 82 yards. didn't do anything bad but that's about all you can say.
    No, more than that - he made some very major league throws today - even though his stats seem very blah.