Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: See How Good Mark Sanchez Looks With Shutdown D and Ground & Pound?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, D looks good with an O that helps.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    What NFL QB wouldn't look decent today by what happened. Sanchez sucks...
    You repeatedly miss the point, we get it. You hate Sanchez. You want a new QB. OK. Point taken. Post about another aspect of the teams problems with some objectivity please.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point is that when we control the ball on the ground and receive strong field position, Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback.
    Whos not a good qb when that happens?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Today was the perfect example of why Mark Sanchez is the right quarterback for the Rex Ryan Jets.

SAR I
    We are what Rex Ryan proclaimed we are: A team that's going to win it on defense and ball-control power running game.

SAR I
    Translation: Rex Ryan's plan works. He is the right HC for Mark Sanchez and the Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geekbeatking View Post
    You repeatedly miss the point, we get it. You hate Sanchez. You want a new QB. OK. Point taken. Post about another aspect of the teams problems with some objectivity please.
    I'm just tired of the on again off again threads on here from week to week. Our problems are what they are. They are obvious, i don't need to be objective but i'm not on here saying one thing one week and then another the next week. One win against a team like the Colts is not reason to forget the previous weeks performance regarding our QB like Sar does. It makes him look stupid. Like i said, any NFL caliber QB would look good behind the teams performance today against a bad team and rookie QB. It is what it is...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual Fail I doesn't know what he's talking about

The reason Sanchez looked better today is because he had some of his weapons back healthy and on the field

It was an impressive day, mostly for the OL and the running game, the Jets played one of their most physical games of the season, and it seemed to me that Sparano and the offense could have turned the corner on the season.

But the biggest story of the day was the return of key offensive weapons and an offense that executed very well, especially in the running game.

Sanchez didn't have to do as much because the running game was so effective.

This offense can put up 400 yds a week with a balanced pass/run ratio, it can be very good.

What was also very clear, Sanchez was able to spread the ball around to all of his weapons, wasn't forced to throw players demanding the ball, he was able to execute based on the design of the play and what he saw on the field, he also played with very good anticipation, the S Hill TD was one of them. Another play that should have been made was on a Kerley route that wound up going incomplete, but Kerley looked for the ball late, it was a very good throw, made completely on anticipation of the design of the play and the receiver running his route.

The knock on Sanchez by our internet football guru's on this board is that Sanchez only throws the ball when the receiver is open, that wasn't the case today, and that is huge for Sanchez' development and progress.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I think the Sanchez haters want the Jets to lose with Mark throwing two picks and a fumble.
    With the NFL parity this year so far, we have as good a chance as anybody to make the playoffs, and a QB change is not the answer. Lets support Mark and hope as every game passes he will continue to develop with his new receivers (thank god no Holmes).

Once in, anything can happen.
    GO JETS!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mark Sanchez was a product of the team today. The majority of the time when he is a difference maker, it is of the negative variety.

He is along for the ride.
    It's this type of talk that makes me crazy. When the Jets lose, Sanchez sucks but when they win and he throws two TD, now he's a product of the team.

Maybe he's a product of the team when the team "sucks."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Translation: Rex Ryan's plan works. He is the right HC for Mark Sanchez and the Jets.
    Ha ha!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Sometimes I think the Sanchez haters want the Jets to lose with Mark throwing two picks and a fumble.
    With the NFL parity this year so far, we have as good a chance as anybody to make the playoffs, and a QB change is not the answer. Lets support Mark and hope as every game passes he will continue to develop with his new receivers (thank god no Holmes).

GO JETS!!
    +1

Shamefull and pathetic

There are fans here rooting against players and the team just so they can thump their chests on a message board.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post

GO JETS!!
    I'll agree and add something. Wilson and CRO stepped up. Revis out is letting these guys step up. NO MAN is bigger than the team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Translation: Rex Ryan's plan works against the worst team in the NFL. There was a time that Rex Ryan's plan worked against the best team in the NFL, but that was eons ago and he's let it fall apart since then.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today was the perfect example of why Mark Sanchez is the right quarterback for the Rex Ryan Jets.

He was not brought here to be Peyton Manning. He was brought here to run a conservative, mistake-free passing game that compliments a ball-control rushing attack and a power defense. With strong field position and LB's that need to worry about the running backs, Mark is very effective.

Mark Sanchez is not our problem, hasn't ever been, frankly. When our D is pedestrian and our rushing attack anemic, it puts too much pressure on the passing game and we're not built for that.

SAR I
    Oh, that's great SAR. Thank you very much for telling us that.

I guess so long as we ALWAYS have a dominant defense (never able to have a bad game) and ALWAYS have a potent running game (never able to have a bad game), we will ALWAYS win?

That is completely absurd.

Mark Sanchez gets to be the golden boy for ever and ever. He'll NEVER have to step up because he's too wicked awesome for that.

With all due respect to your tilted logic, I want a QB that can win a game for us once in a while. I want a QB that can step up to the occasion once in a while. I want a QB that can jump start the defense and running game by playing good football once in a while.

We will never have that with Mark Sanchez. He's got to go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I'll agree and add something. Wilson and CRO stepped up. Revis out is letting these guys step up. NO MAN is bigger than the team.
    Probably your best post in a long time.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, the team is actually starting to get some leadership in the ranks and not rent-a-leaders like, say, LT.

I am not saying that the Jets have cured all their issue but maybe the people that Rex boast about are not actually leaders.

Dare I say it, could the team be developing leadership organically? Only time will tell.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    People forget that we were a team with NO QUARTERBACK at all.

Pennington was punted, Favre disowned us. We had no one. Tannenbaum and Ryan decided to trade up to get the best QB prospect in the draft, and Mark Sanchez was that guy.

We drafted for need, not to groom some future-Eli-Manning. Would have been nice, of course, but the guy we got was a small piece in the Ryan puzzle. We win on D and G&P. We are not Air Coryell.

SAR I
    Considering how bad Sanchez is, I would jump for joy if we could have another young and healthy Chad Pennington. And I believe most Jets fans would make that trade in a heartbeat if they could.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive supported sanchez a lot, and he hasnt been as bad as people think considering our injuries on offense along with who were were playing in miami, SF and Houston.

That being said, this thread is absurd.

We are gonna a need a lot more then 82 yards and no mistakes vs one of the worst defensive teams in the league if we want to be successful in 2012 or 2013.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan was annointed head coach of the New York Jets, made a speech to the assembled media. Which of the two did it sound like?

1) "We're going to win here. We're going to win in the air. We're going to throw the ball 30, 40, 50 times a game and get 400 yards in the air routinely. I don't care if we give up 45 points on defense each week. We're going to win it on finesse and an offense that can light it up."

2) "We're going to win here. We're going to win on defense. A shut-down, lights-out defense. That and a running game. Ground and pound, we're going to shove it down your throats. You hit one of ours, we're going to hit two of yours. Bring it on."

I forget. Enlighten me.

SAR I
    #2 of course. but that doesn't mean the jets drafted him #5 overall with the thought that he would just be a game manager his whole career and would never develop into something much better. if that's what you think, you're kidding yourself.

you gotta understand something. you need a legit starting qb to win in today's nfl. sanchez is not that guy. i was a huge sanchez supporter until a few weeks ago. i gave him every benefit of the doubt. but when i see ryan tannehill with less weapons doing even more in miami as a rookie, i'm starting to lose faith.

you always rail on rex saying how bad he is. if you made the point that its not sanchez's fault but rex's fault for thinking he can win with a running game/game manager qb and a stifling defense, then perhaps you have a point. I've always supported rex and still do, but i can see that point of view. if that's the arguement you're making, then yes, sanchez is the least of our concerns because he's playing the role of game manager and winning the games he's supposed to win and losing the games he's supposed to lose. he's not making other players better. its rex's fault for not surrounding him with the perfect team he needs to win.

but if you're arguement is sanchez is the least of our problems because he's a great qb, he has no weapons, no qb can survive in this situation,etc..., well then i don't want to hear that. look at tannehill, look at rg3, look at luck, look at russel wilson who just beat NE today. THESE ARE ROOKIES!!! our fourth year qb should have some games where he can put a team on his back and carry them. he still can't! if you're arguement is a top 5 qb was never meant to be more than he his, that's a dumb arguement. of course tanny and rex imagined this kid being the next great qb. so basically i just don't understand your arguement...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, the team is actually starting to get some leadership in the ranks and not rent-a-leaders like, say, LT.

I am not saying that the Jets have cured all their issue but maybe the people that Rex boast about are not actually leaders.

Dare I say it, could the team be developing leadership organically? Only time will tell.
    Exactly.

It started really in the 2nd half of last week's game against the Texans.

We have seen a Jets team that has toughened up, they are starting to execute, they are starting to get a little swagger back.

Losing a player of Revis' magnitude is tough for any team to take without having to recover from some kind of blow, it's an emotional loss for the team. Then having to do it again with Holmes in the SF game can really take its toll on any team.

Nevermind that, the team has been decimated by injuries, missing several key players on offense in the last several weeks. Losing to the likes of the 49ers and Texans with a depleted roster is no easy chore, and the Jets at least made a game of it last week against the Texans.

This week, they beat a team that just beat a good Packer team at home.

We saw a Jets team that seemed to be finding itself a little on offense

Sanchez is pushing through one of the toughest times of his career with no help and seemingly everybody that wants to end his career prematurely for him, and he was able to benefita little today from getting a couple of his key weapons back on offense

The OL seems to be settling down in Sparano's new system and schemes, the running game broke out

The defense played one of its best games ALL year, and did it against an impressive young rookie QB who had been lighting up the league until today.

The younger players are starting to step up, S Hill, Coples, Wilkerson, Wilson, Lankster, Davis, McKnight, etc.

Cro is taking on a leadership role on the team

Tebow's role even became a little more visible today, he can be exactly the kind of weapon the team has been trying to tell anybody that would listen and wasn't trying to force a QB controversey down our throats.

It's one game, next week is a HUGE game

But today, we didn't see a team that was giving up on Ryan, and if anybody watched the Ryan's post game locker room speech covered by SNY, it's pretty evident, Ryan has this team and this lockerroom playing hard for him, and the LT bull**** and all the media bull**** being spun about how the team may be "imploding," which has been the mantra of the OP in this thread, is PURE BULL****!!!!!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-14-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh, that's great SAR. Thank you very much for telling us that.

I guess so long as we ALWAYS have a dominant defense (never able to have a bad game) and ALWAYS have a potent running game (never able to have a bad game), we will ALWAYS win?

That is completely absurd.

Mark Sanchez gets to be the golden boy for ever and ever. He'll NEVER have to step up because he's too wicked awesome for that.

With all due respect to your tilted logic, I want a QB that can win a game for us once in a while. I want a QB that can step up to the occasion once in a while. I want a QB that can jump start the defense and running game by playing good football once in a while.

We will never have that with Mark Sanchez. He's got to go.
    Sanchez has put the team in position to win but the defense has let those lead slip away. Also, Sanchez has won games for this team. So for anyone to say that is not accurate.

Now, he might not do it as often as you like or in the fashion you like and that fair and legit criticism.

But to ignore the fact that he has won more playoff games then Ryan, Schaub, and Stafford combined is not giving him his due. Also, refusing to acknowledge that he has beat River, Manning, and Brady in three of they games is fair to ability. Two of those wins were comeback wins too.

I know that I am not going to win any Sanchez haters over but I know a lot of haters on this board are smart fans and to just dismiss these things as if they never happened is surprising.
    Last edited by JetzIL; 10-14-2012 at 09:12 PM.