Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patriots favored by 11.5pts

Hall Of Fame
    I have long since hung up my spurs as a betting man on professional football. With that said, 11.5 seems to be just an incorrect number.

Under the radar is fine. It is not that I think we are really all that good. The Pats simply are not all that good either IMO. We are an average team in an average division. So are they.

down to 10.5 already. could collapse to 9ish by kickoff

Pats are at home, they are probably a TD faves over the Jets on a neutral field. -10 seems more appropriate. The results of today don't make it any closer. The Pats are still a much better team than the Jets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    seems a little steep, no?
    Take the points.

Haha... Yeah, because the Pats have looked like a powerhouse so far this year! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Haha... Yeah, because the Pats have looked like a powerhouse so far this year! lol
    If you think the Pats and Jets are equally likely to win this game, pound it. The Pats being about 7 points better than than the Jets is very accurate.

All League
    No, I think that's about right. If they had won, the spread would have been by 14 points.

It all goes down to can we pass vs the ****ty NE D. Sanchez gets the win this week but didn't shock or awe anyone with his 82 yards. Kerley, Hill, and Keller all looked good IMO. If we have a shot it will be because we run some deep burn routes early and get a lead and try to sit on it. Sanchez either has one of those season games we see him do twice a year or we loose.

Pats have lost all 3 games by a combined total of 4 points. No one has blown them out, or even come close to it. That's the mark of a good team that is on the bad side of the variance that allowed them to win 14 and 13 games in consecutive seasons. It doesn't happen often, and you need a lot of luck.

That luck is evening out, but the Pats are still a top AFC team, and the spread confirms that. The Jets will have their work cut out for them in Foxboro against a much better team.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Pats have lost all 3 games by a combined total of 4 points. No one has blown them out, or even come close to it. That's the mark of a good team that is on the bad side of the variance that allowed them to win 14 and 13 games in consecutive seasons. It doesn't happen often, and you need a lot of luck.

That luck is evening out, but the Pats are still a top AFC team, and the spread confirms that. The Jets will have their work cut out for them in Foxboro against a much better team.
    Agreed. Pats are such a different opponent than what we faced today, that it is hard to draw conclusions from what we saw. I don't think Greene will do much next week and I think the game will fall on Sanchez, who had to do very little today. I expect the Pats to try to ram it down our throats and have Welker and Gronk abuse us in the middle of the field. They are 3-3, but their point differential for the season is that of an elite team. We'll do well to have a chance in the 4th quarter in this one. But you never know with this league and the team has some confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Agreed. Pats are such a different opponent than what we faced today, that it is hard to draw conclusions from what we saw. I don't think Greene will do much next week and I think the game will fall on Sanchez, who had to do very little today. I expect the Pats to try to ram it down our throats and have Welker and Gronk abuse us in the middle of the field. They are 3-3, but their point differential for the season is that of an elite team. We'll do well to have a chance in the 4th quarter in this one. But you never know with this league and the team has some confidence.
    This concept is way too advanced for some people on this board when they attempt to rank or evaluate teams.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This concept is way too advanced for some people on this board when they attempt to rank or evaluate teams.
    Good thing you're here .

Pats will cover the spread with ease.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    The Pats lost 3 games by a combined 4 points.

The Jets lost 3 games by a combined 67 points.

This game will be another blowout loss for the Jets.

How many mistakes did the Pats make yesterday to give that game to Seattle? They're beatable. Not saying the Jets win it in New England, but it's a winnable game if they run the ball like they did yesterday.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

The Patriots were barely losers yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    The Patriots were barely losers yesterday.
    Barely losers???

Last i checked winning or losing was pretty black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Seriously.....amazing that after a Pats loss where the defense fell apart against a rookie qb, you can come on here and talk sh!t. Why not just let it go for a week.

1 point, 3, points, it doesnt matter. A loss is a loss

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Seriously.....amazing that after a Pats loss where the defense fell apart against a rookie qb, you can come on here and talk sh!t. Why not just let it go for a week.

1 point, 3, points, it doesnt matter. A loss is a loss
    OK, so both the Jets and Pats have 3 losses.

Why are the Pats 11.5 point favorites?

Using your logic, it should be a pick 'um game.

Hall Of Fame
    Recent history says we are a bully team. We beat up on scrub teams like the Bills and Colts and Jags and Chiefs.

Pats are grossly underachieving and are coming off a loss. Never like playing a great team coming off a loss.

Brady is not going to overthrow open receivers like Smith and Luck.