Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patriots favored by 11.5pts

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    OK, so both the Jets and Pats have 3 losses.

Why are the Pats 11.5 point favorites?

Using your logic, it should be a pick 'um game.
    "My logic" I didnt say a word about the jets.

My point is, its a tough day to talk about the pats being dominant when they just had their defense run over by a rookie QB

Veteran

As much as I hate to agree with this guy he is right. The pats are a better team, hence the spread.

BUT TX this is also a winnable game for the Jets. Lets see how it plays out on Sunday.

LOL at a pats fan talking smack after they team choked away a big lead to Russel Wilson!

More solid Patriot secondary play:

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Recent history says we are a bully team. We beat up on scrub teams like the Bills and Colts and Jags and Chiefs.

Pats are grossly underachieving and are coming off a loss. Never like playing a great team coming off a loss.

Brady is not going to overthrow open receivers like Smith and Luck.
    He will if you can get pressure or hits on him. That's the problem though, can you do it without sending the house?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    That's an interesting line. There's always the chance they lose by 3 TD's. But they could go up there focused and beat them.
    This was my thought. Either the Jets are going to win or the Pats will rub their faces in it, running up the score late in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    LOL at a pats fan talking smack after they team choked away a big lead to Russel Wilson!

Russel Wilson looks better than any QB on the Jets roster right now. His scrambling and ability to extend the play is directly related to our defense breaking down.

Wilson 16/27 293 yards 10.9 avg 3 TD's 0 Interceptions 133.7 RAT.

Wilson was very efficient. It's pretty hard for any defense to keep everyone shut down for 6-7 seconds when the QB can do what Wilson can do. Too many times he escaped the pocket and we couldn't bring him down, giving him plenty of time to get at least one of his guys uncovered.

But the Jets are not starting their dual russ/pash QB. Wilson showed you the potential you have on the bench, if this team would have been a bit more serious about Tebow.

He rushed for 17 yards and probably could have had more. But 300 yards off of 16 completions? There is only one QB that has ever pulled something like this off on this roster, and that was Tebow against Pittsburgh last year(10 for 316 yards).

All I'm saying is...no reason to discount Wilson. He's proving a whole bunch of people wrong and has played better than Luck so far this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    As much as I hate to agree with this guy he is right. The pats are a better team, hence the spread.

BUT TX this is also a winnable game for the Jets. Lets see how it plays out on Sunday.
    I agree, it will be a telling game for both teams.

Hall Of Fame
    The line being 11.5 does not necessarily mean that Vegas thinks the Pats will win by that margin, but rather set the number to try to draw equal betting for both teams.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree, it will be a telling game for both teams.
    The AFC East is mediocre from top to bottom this year. If that ends up being proven out then the most disappointed will be the fan base of a team who were roundly predicting 14-2 or even better before the season began. I honestly do not see NE being 11.5 point favorites over any team in the league at this point. Or the Jets for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The line being 11.5 does not necessarily mean that Vegas thinks the Pats will win by that margin, but rather set the number to try to draw equal betting for both teams.
    good point, and movement in the line will tell us where the $$ is going: Up=Pats; Down=Jets.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Barely losers???

Last i checked winning or losing was pretty black and white.
    You're underestimating my ability to be sarcastic. I'm messing with the Texas troll.

that's all? Sucker bet.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    True, but the line is also indicative of where the "sharp" money will be coming from. So if Vegas thinks that the "sharps" will be all over the Pats they have to make the line high to lure in the "suckers" (to take the Jets) to even out the money. Generally, you want to be on the side of the "Sharps" and in this case I think OP is right and the "sharp" money will be on the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    good point, and movement in the line will tell us where the $$ is going: Up=Pats; Down=Jets.
    Line movement is tough for us pedestrians to analyze. Line movement can be all the suckers jumping on one team or it could the big money coming in from the wise guys.

2 mediocre teams huge advantage for the home team, huge advantage at QB should be 8.5 at kickoff.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    True, but the line is also indicative of where the "sharp" money will be coming from. So if Vegas thinks that the "sharps" will be all over the Pats they have to make the line high to lure in the "suckers" (to take the Jets) to even out the money. Generally, you want to be on the side of the "Sharps" and in this case I think OP is right and the "sharp" money will be on the Pats.
    Yea, thats what I said.

The Pats lost 3 games by a combined 4 points.

The Jets lost 3 games by a combined 67 points.
    This guy gets it.

Barely losers???

Last i checked winning or losing was pretty black and white.
    1 point, 3, points, it doesnt matter. A loss is a loss
    This guy doesn't get it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    2 mediocre teams huge advantage for the home team, huge advantage at QB should be 8.5 at kickoff.
    It's hard to argue with this.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This guy gets it.