Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calvin Pace needs to go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    There was NO way he could have been cut this year.....his count against dead money was way to high.

After further review, he probably won't be completely cut next year. His salary is about $11.5 next year, but the Jets can save $8.5 by cutting him. What they will probably do, rather than eat $3 million in dead money, is rework his deal to around $2-$2.5 million and he will become a situational pass rusher while they draft a younger guy to take his spot. That way, if the young guy struggles, Pace can step in.

Yes it could of. I have posted the #s a few times and he was cuttable. It would have been worth the extra 1.8 mil this year to save the extra 3 mil next year. People always seem to leave that part out. I'd rather have the full 11.5 next year then him stinking up the field this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Late in the game today Simms made a commentary on how our defense has some nice pieces in place going forward. He mentioned Coples & Wilkerson being good-looking first rounders, Revis/Cromartie, and our veteran safeties -- made NO mention of our linebackers. We really need to overhaul that unit after this year. Pace was a nice signing at the time but he looks about done now.
    This, Pace was effective once upon a time for the Jets but now his contribution is few and far between. His lack of speed is glaring. He should be gone next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yes it could of. I have posted the #s a few times and he was cuttable. It would have been worth the extra 1.8 mil this year to save the extra 3 mil next year. People always seem to leave that part out. I'd rather have the full 11.5 next year then him stinking up the field this year.
    Again, not gonna happen. Too much money. He will be on the team next year, but they will rework that $3 million and add playing time bonuses. He will serve as a back up....hopefully we will be drafting two LB next year and signing another one.