Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try doing a power rankings this week, I dare you

Try doing a power rankings this week, I dare you

Go figure this league. Packers lose to the Colts, then annihilate the Texans on the road today. Niners beat the Jets and Bills by 79-3, then get blown out at home to a Giants team that struggled at times with the Browns the week before. Those same Jets and Bills despite awful stretches of play this year are tied for their division lead. The Pats are .500 but have outscored their opponents by a ton this year. Eagles blow a double digit lead to a lousy Lions team late. Falcons barely beat the Raiders at home and probably should have lost. You just can't figure this league right now.

IMO, unless and until the Giants are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, they should be #1 in the power rankings, regardless of record.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    IMO, unless and until the Giants are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, they should be #1 in the power rankings, regardless of record.
    I could see why a Pats fan would say this. And the Giants deserve consideration for #1. But they've lost to an Eagles team and Cowboys team that haven't looked impressive otherwise. They played a fantastic game today, but are capable of looking bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I could see why a Pats fan would say this. And the Giants deserve consideration for #1. But they've lost to an Eagles team and Cowboys team that haven't looked impressive otherwise. They played a fantastic game today, but are capable of looking bad too.
    Their win today, their roster, and their recent playoff success (and comparative regular-season mediocrity) tells me all I need to know: As long as they remain playoff-eligible, it's the Giants and then everyone else.

I really don't know what to make of the league's season this year.

Very PARITY-based.

Any team can beat any team on any given Thursday, Sunday, and Monday. And that statement isn't just hyperbole.

If things continue the way they are, the Winner of the AFC East could very well be 9-7(go figure).

Their win today, their roster, and their recent playoff success (and comparative regular-season mediocrity) tells me all I need to know: As long as they remain playoff-eligible, it's the Giants and then everyone else.
    You could say the same of the Packers and their statement win today. Rodgers went from having a "bad" season (which he obviously wasn't) to top rated passer in the league and possible MVP frontrunner in one week.

Texans and Niners are still good teams, they just played poorly today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I really don't know what to make of the league's season this year.

Very PARITY-based.

Any team can beat any team on any given Thursday, Sunday, and Monday. And that statement isn't just hyperbole.

If things continue the way they are, the Winner of the AFC East could very well be 9-7(go figure).
    Pats are still the best team in the AFC East, I mean if we're being fair. They've lost very narrow games to good teams. They are pretty big favorites next week, but Rex has the team playing better.

You could say the same of the Packers and their statement win today. Rodgers went from having a "bad" season (which he obviously wasn't) to top rated passer in the league and possible MVP frontrunner in one week.
    You could say that, but I wouldn't be remotely convinced. This is a team that went 15-1 last year, was the unstoppable juggernaut du jour and then . . . got manhandled at home by the Giants. I know who my money's on if those two teams meet again in the playoffs.

You could say that, but I wouldn't be remotely convinced. This is a team that went 15-1 last year, was the unstoppable juggernaut du jour and then . . . got manhandled at home by the Giants. I know who my money's on if those two teams meet again in the playoffs.
    Packers went 1-1 v. the Giants last year. Blew them out at the end of 2010 in spectacular fashion too. They played poorly in the playoff game last year, but I don't see the Giants as holding some dominant edge over them.

May not even come down to those 2, but they do play in the regular season this year, so let's see where they are after that game

They always loose to the Eagles who are lets face it an average team. Honestly other then the NFC West I don't see a lot of shocking records right now. The Vikes maybe but the North is really messed up right now but we knew someone had to loose here. Atlanta, Giants, Balt, Houston, SD, SF, and the Pats all are on top or tie for the top right now. That is 7 out of 8 divisions where the team that most figured would finish on top IS right now. So I'd say that has to be your top 7.

All Pro
    Patsies are 3-3 with a +51 points differential.

Bills are 3-3 with a -55 points differential.

Crazy times ...

Every good team other than Atlanta have lost to teams that don't look impressive. Ravens lost to the Eagles too.

Pats lost to Seattle. GB lost to Indy. 49ers lost to the Vikings. Houston just got torched by Green Bay who was 2-3 and didn't look too hot against the Jets either.

Giants are still the most balanced team in the NFL, and I actually feel they have the best offense. Not like they were tearing up the regular season last year either...

We don't really have 1 or 2 teams that are above the rest this year unless you believe Atlanta is really as good as their record says. Instead we have 6-7 teams that are all great and pretty close to one another. Any one of those teams can go deep in the playoffs and win the Superbowl, imo.

Jets Insider VIP
    All I want to know is why in my big money league do I have to play against Rodgers when he finally starts destroying the league again?

I hate fantasy football.

All Pro
    Go figure this league. Packers lose to the Colts, then annihilate the Texans on the road today. Niners beat the Jets and Bills by 79-3, then get blown out at home to a Giants team that struggled at times with the Browns the week before. Those same Jets and Bills despite awful stretches of play this year are tied for their division lead. The Pats are .500 but have outscored their opponents by a ton this year. Eagles blow a double digit lead to a lousy Lions team late. Falcons barely beat the Raiders at home and probably should have lost. You just can't figure this league right now.
    It's crazy.

My family does a little $5 per week pick'em pool. The little kids and women who don't follow football win every week... the guys who have watched 6+ games a week for years are getting killed.

It's so hard to pick winners this year.

As soon as you start to trust a team like Arizona, they lose at home to a crappy team.

As soon as you start to think New England has it all figured out, their offense gets shut down and they lose to a rookie QB.

This week, I'm picking based on colors and mascots... that method has been fool-proof so far.

Ham could do it.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    All I want to know is why in my big money league do I have to play against Rodgers when he finally starts destroying the league again?

I hate fantasy football.
    I have outscored my league overall by 200 points so far, and not just from one huge week. I average 150 points a week. I have a 1-5 record unless Manning scores me 50 points tonight. It's nuts!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I have outscored my league overall by 200 points so far, and not just from one huge week. I average 150 points a week. I have a 1-5 record unless Manning scores me 50 points tonight. It's nuts!
    Damn bro, I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'll add my sad fantasy story too.

Sounds as bad as mine. Losing 160-142 right now thanks in no small part to Kerley and his 2 point production as this team's number 1 yesterday..for sure I thought he would be a better Flex option than Woodehead.

And last week I lost by 1 freaking point, 132-131 on Sanchize's final ****ing tipped ball interception to Jackson last week

Then the Pats lose the game by 1 point yesterday.

Ugh.

NY Giants 1
    Chicago Bears 2
    SF 49ers 3
    Baltimore Ravens 4
    Atlanta Falcons 5

The rest of the league is tied for 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Every good team other than Atlanta have lost to teams that don't look impressive. Ravens lost to the Eagles too.

Pats lost to Seattle. GB lost to Indy. 49ers lost to the Vikings. Houston just got torched by Green Bay who was 2-3 and didn't look too hot against the Jets either.

Giants are still the most balanced team in the NFL, and I actually feel they have the best offense. Not like they were tearing up the regular season last year either...

We don't really have 1 or 2 teams that are above the rest this year unless you believe Atlanta is really as good as their record says. Instead we have 6-7 teams that are all great and pretty close to one another. Any one of those teams can go deep in the playoffs and win the Superbowl, imo.
    Atlanta has come back to the pack the last few games and are on the verge of taking a really bad loss. Bye is actually coming at a good time for them. They aren't as good as their record.

I think the Giants and Packers may go on a run now and will probably both have a strong record when they play each other late in the season. Ravens and Texans still look very strong to get the top 2 seeds in the AFC. Pats can't afford to drop any more games they "should" win.