Thread: Lex Hilliard's the unsung hero...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Lex Hilliard's the unsung hero...

I know he's only a FB, but man he was popping people and opening hołes, I think he's our starting FB going forward, the kid is just a good football player, I knew it back when he was a Dolphin, big and athletic enough to play RB. I know somebody's bound to get terminated around here real soon. A smart FB makes a big difference, you can't have both be dumb, the RB and the FB, one of them has to bail the other one out. The Conner/Greene combination was just awful. But go back and watch the game and you'll see Hilliard making some really good holes and leading Greene to daylight. Not saying he's in the Lorenzo Neal category but he looked damn good to me and that's a breath of fresh air.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen I noticed this as well.

I wish I could go back and watch for myself. Anyone know where I can find a torrent of the game?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hilliard has been impressive. He is clearly way better as a FB than Conner, with the added bonus that he can carry the ball as a big RB too. Very good pick-up.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Amen I noticed this as well.

I wish I could go back and watch for myself. Anyone know where I can find a torrent of the game?
    cant you find out in YouTube.com ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I know he's only a FB, but man he was popping people and opening hołes, I think he's our starting FB going forward, the kid is just a good football player, I knew it back when he was a Dolphin, big and athletic enough to play RB. I know somebody's bound to get terminated around here real soon. A smart FB makes a big difference, you can't have both be dumb, the RB and the FB, one of them has to bail the other one out. The Conner/Greene combination was just awful. But go back and watch the game and you'll see Hilliard making some really good holes and leading Greene to daylight. Not saying he's in the Lorenzo Neal category but he looked damn good to me and that's a breath of fresh air.
    I am looking forward to watching the replay tonight to see how much impact Hilliard make in the running game. Could the Terminator be Terminated???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Hilliard. I praised him last week. Goodbye John Conner....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post. Hilliard is a hybrid FB/HB known for short yardage running and pass protection / blitz pick-up. He also looks to be able to catch a little out of the backfield. This is key because he will probably see a lot of time on 3rd and long and passing situations with Powell out.

Based on the preseason it seems the CS does not trust McKnight in pass protection. Hopefully McKnight steps up his game in pass pro because I believe he is the prototypical 3rd down scat back and is best in space. We really need to get our screen game going to utilize his strengths. It seems like we can't get anything going with those short quick throws. McKnight has the most explosion out of anyone on offense by far! I see some Leon Washington in him.

Last edited by suprjet; 10-15-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread. The FB spot hasn't been discussed enough on this Board in regards to the major dropoff in our running game. Two years ago the Jets were running LaDanian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene behind Tony Richardson and an Oline that included Damien Woody. Today, only Greene is left from those 4 guys....and the result has been clear.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Austin Howard and Lex Hilliard will be good enough to get our running game some success. The Jets won't return to 2009 / 2010 form but I'm hopeful we've found some decent hold-the-fort pieces at two key spots for the running game, RT and FB.