Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tweets, Updates and Information - 10.15.12

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Revis says he "probably" will have to prove to Jets that he is the old Revis before getting new contract. "I'm ok with that"

Revis: "To me, there's no question that I (will) be back" to the level he was before he got hurt

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Revis says he "probably" has to prove he's 100 percent next year before team gives him an extension.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "I really don't have no message about that" Revis said abt #jets fans worried about him leaving.
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-15-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Revis is doing documentary on his rehab process - camera crew here today filming press conference. #Jets

Revis consulted James Andrews before deciding on Dr Waren in NY. #nyj

JetsInsider.com ‏@JetsInsider
    Revis says he's talked to Adrian Peterson, McNabb, Cro & Sione & gathered info on Jamaal Charles. Says it feels great to get support & info

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Revis has reached it to Adrian Peterson, Derek Anderson, Jamaal Charles, others who have had acls #jets #nyj

Revis is doing a documentary on his ACL rehab. Film crew following him.

Revis will use his patella tendon graft. Surgery tomorrow morning. #nyj

Revis: "it felt like somebody had a knife and cut thru my knee... I guess it was meant to happen at that time" #nyj

Revis: "I knew it was something different... I figured it was ACL..."

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Nice thing about #Jets schedule compared to NE rest of way - #Jets have played SF and HOU already. NE has played neither.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Nice thing about #Jets schedule compared to NE rest of way - #Jets have played SF and HOU already. NE has played neither.
    But the Patriots get to play the Jets twice.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Mostly irrelevant point, but something I was wondering.....was Revis at the game yesterday? I noticed Brian Cushing standing on the sideline yesterday, but I haven't watched the Jets game broadcast yesterday. I'd hope that he was.

Also, has there been any word as to why he waited 3 weeks to get surgery? I'm assuming it relates to swelling but I haven't heard that confirmed one way or another. I presume he should be ready for TC, but the earlier the surgery the better, I'm sure.

they showed him up in a luxury box at one point. camera in hand filming the guys that are filming him.

great football player, but everytime i see him i can't help but think he is a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    they showed him up in a luxury box at one point. camera in hand filming the guys that are filming him.

great football player, but everytime i see him i can't help but think he is a tool.
    Every time I see your posts I can't help but think you're a tool.

Jets Insider VIP

Yeah he was there and there was an article last week that they wanted him to strengthen the knee on a "0-g treadmill" before the surgery. Also talk about reducing swelling.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Yeah he was there and there was an article last week that they wanted him to strengthen the knee on a "0-g treadmill" before the surgery. Also talk about reducing swelling.
    Thanks for the info.

Pls refer to my previous post in this thread.

There's good chance Antonio Cromartie will play offense (WR), defense (CB) & special teams (KR) for 2nd straight gm vs Patriots on Sun #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    There's good chance Antonio Cromartie will play offense (WR), defense (CB) & special teams (KR) for 2nd straight gm vs Patriots on Sun #nyj
    Pats game will make it three straight, no?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Pats game will make it three straight, no?
    pats would make it 3rd straight. manish doesn't know anything about football, thats why i can't stand him.

although he might not have returned any kicks against the texans, which i'm not sure of.

All League
    Manish is like a 10 year old girl

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Aaron Maybin got his most significant playing time of season yesterday. Played 36 of 71 snaps (51%). Had 1/2 sacks & 2 QB hits. #nyj

First-round pick Quinton Coples played 55 snaps (77%) and 1 1/2 sacks, 2 QB hits, 4 total tackles. Also had personal foul penalty #ny
    How can Maybin go from playing ONE snap just two weeks ago to THIRTY-SIX yesterday?

How can Coples NOT PLAY against PITT to FIFTY FIVE snaps yesterday?

We are the most ridiculous run team in the NFL

Veteran
    hopefully after the game sunday the coaches realized that they need to get this youth and speed out there on the field. they were finally flying around like they used to a couple seasons ago with coples/maybin getting pressure,

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    How can Maybin go from playing ONE snap just two weeks ago to THIRTY-SIX yesterday?

Wow..

When the other team cant run the ball, you are up by 20+ points the other team is forced to pass thus you play Maybin & Coples. Not that difficult to understand.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Wow..

When the other team cant run the ball, you are up by 20+ points the other team is forced to pass thus you play Maybin & Coples. Not that difficult to understand.
    55 snaps is basically the entire game though.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

Is there anything that you will not cry about?

It's called match-ups, gameplan, and situations. Jets were up, forced the Colts into passing situations, and were able to call more pass rush plays. Also, if a player is performing and proving to be effective in certain situations, they call more plays to suit that effectiveness.

How long have you been following football?