Thread: A Rod

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

A Rod

I don't know if you noticed in the 9th inning when A Rod finally got a hit they were pointing from the dugout toward first. Seems it's been so long A Rod forgot his way.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have the details of the remaining years on his contract? I know it goes through 2017, but what are the Yankess on the hook for in each of those years?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2013 37 New York Yankees $28,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    2014 38 New York Yankees $25,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    2015 39 New York Yankees $21,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    2016 40 New York Yankees $20,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    2017 41 New York Yankees $20,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    Earliest Free Agent: 2018

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    2013 37 New York Yankees $28,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    2014 38 New York Yankees $25,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    2015 39 New York Yankees $21,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    2016 40 New York Yankees $20,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    2017 41 New York Yankees $20,000,000 $30m in marketing bonuses for HR milestones from 660 HR to 763HR
    That is just brutal.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    That is just brutal.

Looks like Madoffs "Wilpon file".

Hope Fred enjoys spending that MLB revenue sharing check on his grandkids, because not a dime of it will never see the field....can I get an AMEN, brother Ernie?

-
    Last edited by 32green; 10-15-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    People keep harping on A-Rod. Who deserves it.

But what about Cano, who's suppose to be in his prime. He's been worse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point I don't see him getting to 700.

Hopefully he gets on the HGH this offseason.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Looks like Madoffs "Wilpon file".

Hope Fred enjoys spending that MLB revenue sharing check on his grandkids, because not a dime of it will never see the field....can I get an AMEN, brother Ernie?

-
    Yet again, Brother Green? Trying to hijack a thread? Not biting. Good thoughts.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

A-Rod Hits on Girls After Being Pulled for Pinch Hitter

Yankee fans have 5 more years to look forward to of these antics.

He’s got balls.

Shameless Yankee slugger Alex Rodriguez was playing so poorly against the Detroit Tigers Saturday night that he was yanked from the lineup — but that didn’t stop him from trying to score.

After being replaced in the bottom of the eighth inning in Game 1 of the American League Championship Series, the highest-paid Yankee openly flirted with a pair of pretty women two rows behind the dugout — even sending them a ball bearing a note asking for their phone numbers, a witness told The Post.

“I watched him flirt with two admittedly very cute young women nearby,’’ the witness said.

Instead of rooting on his teammates as they struggled to stay alive during the tense game at Yankee Stadium, A-Rod, 37, had a ball boy toss the young women a baseball inscribed with a message asking for their numbers.

“Alex was holding a pen and wrote a note on a ball which was thrown at the women by a ball boy,’’ the witness explained.

“The girls, who had already caught two balls, seemed bemused at first and tried to hand the ball to another fan, but other fans noticed the note on it and yelled at them to read it.

“The note asked them to write their phone numbers on the ball and throw it back,’’ the witness said.

“One of the girls, with darker blond hair, wrote . . . on the ball and threw it back at A-Rod, who gave her a big smile.”

“They exchanged a few glances after that,’’ as A-Rod took a powder while a pinch-hitter took his place at the plate.

Raul Ibanez performed under pressure, tying the score in the bottom of the ninth.

In the 12th, team captain Derek Jeter broke his ankle — and A-Rod finally wised up, the witness said.

“The flirtation stopped once Derek Jeter got hurt,” the source said.

The Yanks wound up losing 6-4.

They also lost again to the Tigers 3-0 on Sunday.

Fans sitting behind the dugout at Saturday’s game said they were disgusted after witnessing A-Rod’s shenanigans, which were more befitting a sixth-grader than a serious ballplayer.

“I was absolutely stunned that even . . . A-Rod would not be focusing on such a critical game, supporting his teammates, and was instead more interested in adding another couple of phone numbers to what must be a very, very large collection,’’ one said.

A-Rod’s rep referred questions to a team spokesman, who didn’t get back to The Post last night.

Rodriguez is currently dating wrestler Torre Wilson.

As Page Six revealed last year, Jeter also has used baseball memorabilia to win over the ladies.

After bedding a beauty, he’d send her home alone with gift baskets of autographed memorabilia.

He is dating model Hannah Davis, who was spotted in his family box Saturday
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/r...66Fugdu1bvXCLP

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Yankee fans have 5 more years to look forward to of these antics.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/r...66Fugdu1bvXCLP
    I dont know why he was looking into the Mets wives section anyhoo.

-

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know why he was looking into the Mets wives section anyhoo.

-
    Now that you brought it up, let's just give credit to Steve Phillips for seeing through the BS back in 2000 when Aroid first became a free agent. His assessment was spot on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that you brought it up, let's just give credit to Steve Phillips for seeing through the BS back in 2000 when Aroid first became a free agent. His assessment was spot on.
    WHy yes.

No one has better judgement than Steve Phillips.

Nice hat, Steve gave it to her!

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loathe this person.

Loathe.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    WHy yes.

-
    Lol

Seriously though, A Rod has proven time and time again, and again and again and again, that he is the dumbest professional athlete in the world.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only see one way out of the Arod contract. Trade him to the Angels for Vernon Wells. Wells is owed 42 mil for 2013 and 2014. Split the difference in those 2 seasons and try to get away with giving about 9 mil or less per for the remainder of the Arod contract. If there is a team that wants to get rid of a player more than the Angels want to get rid of Wells it would be news to me.

Oh wait. The mets and Bay. They want him gone. That's right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    was Arod's contract all Hank Steinbrenner's fault? Was that the main reason he was jettisoned??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's another answer.

Slip some steroids in his Gatorade. He either gets good again or gets suspended. Do it twice and he's gone. Forever

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHy yes.

-

Is that Kramer's Pigman?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    There's another answer.

Slip some steroids in his Gatorade. He either gets good again or gets suspended. Do it twice and he's gone. Forever

I'm in. Let me know when and where!