Thread: This season has gone as expected so far.

Hall Of Fame

This season has gone as expected so far.

So far the season has gone as many around here had expected. They have won the games they were supposed to win and lost the games they were expected to lose. There was a thread several weeks ago about how all is not lost if the Jets were 4-4 going into the bye week. Nothing has changed thus far, except a couple of the easier games in the second half, may not be so easy now.

Lets look at the rest of the schedule. The Jets now have only 4 of their remaining 10 games at home going forward.

@ Patriots. Winnable but most likely the Jets lose. 3-4
    Dolphins Home. Win. 4-4

BYE

@ Seattle. Tough place to play, very fast defense. Loss. 4-5
    @St. Louis. Jets should win this game. 5-5
    Patriots Home. Winnable game, but lets be conservative and say a loss. 5-6
    Cardinals Home. Win. Cardinals offense is terrible. 6-6
    @ Jacksonville. Win. Can not lose that game. 7-6
    @ Tennessee. Winnable, but could go either way, lets stay conservative and say a loss. 7-7
    Chargers Home. Tough game, Jets win. 8-7
    Bills Home. Must win. 9-7

Obviously this pure speculation and teams can get hot and get cold, as well as injuries, but it is not a stretch to say this team can get to 9-7 and if they win a game they shouldnt be 10-6. It will most certainly come down to a few tie-breakers.

I agree with this. It seems like the Jets will probably end up 8-8 or 9-7, probably with good tie breakers, and a decent change at a wildcard.

Of course, they are unlikely to win a playoff game.

Oh well. Before the season started, a lot of us hoped we would have an awesome defense, a decent offense, and be a serious threat once the playoffs started. That doesn't seem to be happening though.

At least there will be some exciting football in December. Just not in January.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So far the season has gone as many around here had expected. They have won the games they were supposed to win and lost the games they were expected to lose. There was a thread several weeks ago about how all is not lost if the Jets were 4-4 going into the bye week. Nothing has changed thus far, except a couple of the easier games in the second half, may not be so easy now.

Lets look at the rest of the schedule. The Jets now have only 4 of their remaining 10 games at home going forward.

Dolphins Home. Win. 4-4

BYE

@ Tennessee. Winnable, but could go either way, lets stay conservative and say a loss. 7-7

Obviously this pure speculation and teams can get hot and get cold, as well as injuries, but it is not a stretch to say this team can get to 9-7 and if they win a game they shouldnt be 10-6. It will most certainly come down to a few tie-breakers.
    Could go the other way too, I don't really think you can pencil in the Miami and Rams games as "should win" or definite wins. Any team with a good D is going to give the Jets trouble and both those teams can play some D. The last 4 games are pretty favorable. That is where the team needs to make a run. They just need to hang in there over the next 6 games and try to stay at .500.

I think these next 2 div games are crucial to seeing if this team can make a run at the playoffs. They cannot lose both and probably need to win both to have a chance at winning the division. The Pats are very beatable this year but whenever we have div games it is always a tough game. I agree that if the Jets can avoid losing 2 straight games they will stay alive in the playoff picture going forward as this year it should be a wild free for all till the end. They just need to focus on one game at a time and play with a chip on their shoulder like they seem to have started doing. I wonder if the AFC East ever had a four way tie this late in the season before

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd expect the Jets to beat the Colts, Bills and Dolphins.

I'd expect them to lose to the Steelers, 49ers, and Texans.

That's exactly what has happened (and with key injuries to the Jets).

We're pretty much what I expected the Jets to be, a .500 team. Without Revis and Holmes I can't see them doing any better than 9-7 if they overachieve.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

Dolphins Home. Win. 4-4

BYE

I agree.... this week coming is a HUGE challenge.

All League
    In a weird twist, the Jets haven't beaten a team with a wining reacord in some time now. The Pats don't have a winning record now. If the Jets win, it will still be true - The Jet's haven't beaten anyone with a winning record.

WIN-WIN, I say.

(Assuming BUF loses on Sunday)