WIDE RECEIVER

Chaz Schilens -- 50 snaps/78 percent

Jeremy Kerley -- 40 snaps/62 percent

Stephen Hill -- 18 snaps/28 percent

Jason Hill -- 13 snaps/20 percent

Antonio Cromartie -- 1 snap/2 percent

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NYJETSCAP: Jets player snap counts against the Colts and totals for the year

Jets player snap counts against the Colts and totals for the year. Some changes on defense in the blowout.

Not alot to talk about on offense. Dustin Keller saw action on 75% of the snaps in his return, which did cut down on Cumberland's snaps a bit, but the Jets used both players. WR Stephen Hill only saw action on 28% of the snaps and this may be a situation where he has to re-earn his playing time, though the Jets were never looking to pass this past week which may have also played a role. If there is a player who has lost snaps its Konrad Reuland, which is probably due to both Keller and the teams preference for Lex Hilliard at fullback.

Defensively there were alot of changes. I dont know how many happened early and how many were score related but the Jets significantly diminished the roles of Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Mike DeVito and Bryan Thomas. Prior to this game the averages for those players, when active, were 80%, 97%, 61%, and 38% respectively. Their playtime fell to 82%, 48%, 42%, and 32%. There were replaced by Quinton Coples, Aaron Maybin, Demario Davis, who all recorded season highs by a gigantic margin. The Colts passed alot so the Jets were more in pass rush and coverage fronts, which is why the secondary had alot of faces, but this was a pretty big drop even by those standards. New faces to play this week were Isiaih Trufant, Antonio Allen, Dan Muir, and Nick Bellore. Could this be the start of a changing of the guard for the Jets?

Here are the percent of downs played by our offense and defense in week 6, plus the cumulative percent of snaps on the year.:

http://www.nyjetscap.com/2012_Post/j...splaytime.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    NYJETSCAP: Jets player snap counts against the Colts and totals for the year

Jets player snap counts against the Colts and totals for the year. Some changes on defense in the blowout.

Not alot to talk about on offense. Dustin Keller saw action on 75% of the snaps in his return, which did cut down on Cumberland's snaps a bit, but the Jets used both players. WR Stephen Hill only saw action on 28% of the snaps and this may be a situation where he has to re-earn his playing time, though the Jets were never looking to pass this past week which may have also played a role. If there is a player who has lost snaps its Konrad Reuland, which is probably due to both Keller and the teams preference for Lex Hilliard at fullback.

Defensively there were alot of changes. I dont know how many happened early and how many were score related but the Jets significantly diminished the roles of Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Mike DeVito and Bryan Thomas. Prior to this game the averages for those players, when active, were 80%, 97%, 61%, and 38% respectively. Their playtime fell to 82%, 48%, 42%, and 32%. There were replaced by Quinton Coples, Aaron Maybin, Demario Davis, who all recorded season highs by a gigantic margin. The Colts passed alot so the Jets were more in pass rush and coverage fronts, which is why the secondary had alot of faces, but this was a pretty big drop even by those standards. New faces to play this week were Isiaih Trufant, Antonio Allen, Dan Muir, and Nick Bellore. Could this be the start of a changing of the guard for the Jets?

Here are the percent of downs played by our offense and defense in week 6, plus the cumulative percent of snaps on the year.:

http://www.nyjetscap.com/2012_Post/j...splaytime.html
    I watch the game in a "club" environment so it is hard to see all plays...in detail etc.

How did Demario Davis play yesterday?

BTW...rex seems to have learned to work with what he has. Betwen Monday and yesterday..he showed he is a COACH. he shut up and went to work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've got to keep playing the young guys. Coples is really good when he's on the field, and he's only going to get better with more playing time. Davis is our best coverage linebacker, I'm glad to see he got almost as many snaps as Scott.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets Defense, once again, seems to be on the cusp of being truly excellent....even without Revis. For the first time in a while the Jets looked really good in managing a game with a big lead. Typically, we seem to watch the D let teams climb back in but not yesterday, they clamped down and attacked....they were teeing off on Luck for virtually the entire 4th quarter.

The secondary looked really good...even without Revis. Cro is playing great and the youngsters are stepping up. Wilson is adequate...not great...but adequate right now and who knows, the safeties might start turning into a strength of this team if the rookies can show something. Landry and Bell have been good surprises for us.

Once again, we're STILL one (maybe two) linebackers away from being an elite Defense. Scott, Thomas and Pace have their days numbered here....IMO they are simply hold-the-fort guys right now. They have good experience but they're slow and have lots of miles on their tires. The sooner we get a new OLB and guys like Davis are in the starting line-up the better.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-15-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I watch the game in a "club" environment so it is hard to see all plays...in detail etc.

How did Demario Davis play yesterday?

BTW...rex seems to have learned to work with what he has. Betwen Monday and yesterday..he showed he is a COACH. he shut up and went to work.
    I'd like to see how the next few weeks play out first

Indy's D was already avg'ing allowing 135 yards on the ground and their DL yesterday was decimated.

Luck is still a rookie and overthrew a few WRs that were wide open that could have produced points and they didn't have a run game.

I also think after Indys emotional W last week following the health announcement of Pagano they were due for an emotional letdown, especially on the road

All that said. A win is a win and I will never turn it down

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it was really great seeing Coples get the start and Davis get so much playing time. For as much as people here seem to bash Wilkerson from time to time, I thought he had a great game. He was making plays on the other side of the field near the line of scrimage, he's a nice run support guy who can pressure the pocket alright.

Having that with the likes of Coples, who's starting to show that with more playing time he can really be a force on the DL, this D might be looking to make a comeback in the second 2/3 of the season.

I also think the rotation of linebackers really helps keep the boys (or should I say the old men) fresh out there. it alleviates pressure on Thomas Pace and Scott who we all seem to agree are getting pretty damn slow.

It's exciting that I'm finally seeing what I thought I'd be seeing from these draft picks, some spurts of really great play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pace needs to start getting fewer snaps in favour of other players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Pace needs to start getting fewer snaps in favour of other players.
    As long as he is never ever dropped in coverage im ok with him in there on passing and rushing downs.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    As long as he is never ever dropped in coverage im ok with him in there on passing and rushing downs.
    Yeah pretty much my opinion also

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Yet Rex says that is one of his strong suits.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The Jets Defense, once again, seems to be on the cusp of being truly excellent....even without Revis. For the first time in a while the Jets looked really good in managing a game with a big lead. Typically, we seem to watch the D let teams climb back in but not yesterday, they clamped down and attacked....they were teeing off on Luck for virtually the entire 4th quarter.

The secondary looked really good...even without Revis. Cro is playing great and the youngsters are stepping up. Wilson is adequate...not great...but adequate right now and who knows, the safeties might start turning into a strength of this team if the rookies can show something. Landry and Bell have been good surprises for us.

Once again, we're STILL one (maybe two) linebackers away from being an elite Defense. Scott, Thomas and Pace have their days numbered here....IMO they are simply hold-the-fort guys right now. They have good experience but they're slow and have lots of miles on their tires. The sooner we get a new OLB and guys like Davis are in the starting line-up the better.
    Jets need 4 linebackers before they can be considered elite. Harris has been atrocious this year. I have no idea what the hell caused him to regress so much because he's not even old when compared to our other linebackers.

Harris is living on his reputation with Jet fans and is as much to blame for the Jets struggles against the run as anybody.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    We've got to keep playing the young guys. Coples is really good when he's on the field, and he's only going to get better with more playing time. Davis is our best coverage linebacker, I'm glad to see he got almost as many snaps as Scott.
    I'd like for this to be true, but I haven't seen any evidence of it so far.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yet Rex says that is one of his strong suits.
    Rex is overzealous when talking about pretty much anything football and snacks related.

I believe this games playing time breakdown was very organized and purposeful, D-line especially.

Pouha has been atrocious and him being out due to injury could be a great sign for Coples. Coples and Wilkerson were so active and they can provide that constant motion and create a lot of problems. I didn't mind Wilkerson's penalty so much, to the extent that it seems like he was let loose this game.

S. Hill could use a little more time and working him in is good, but this kid can be real good.