Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Bears To Release RB Bell

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    I agree.

Why did we sign him off a PS, which mandates that he is on our active roster for at least 4 weeks, if we aren't going to play him; especially now that McKnight and Powell might be out.

I find it hard to imagine we would have sacrificed a roster spot for 4 weeks simply to gain some intel over the texans.... But, with tanny and rex running the show, you never know.
    The Jets still need another RB. The only healthy backs are Greene and Grimes. McKnight will likely be out for more than a week with a high ankle sprain.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Sounds a bit like Shonn Greene.
    LOL.

If I didn't know any better I'd say it was Greene.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

If I didn't know any better I'd say it was Greene.
    Uh huh.

I read that and thought, that sounds like a guy we already have.

I agree.

Why did we sign him off a PS, which mandates that he is on our active roster for at least 4 weeks, if we aren't going to play him; especially now that McKnight and Powell might be out.

I find it hard to imagine we would have sacrificed a roster spot for 4 weeks simply to gain some intel over the texans.... But, with tanny and rex running the show, you never know.
    Jets did that last season with Enron Riley and Austin Howard...They were part of the 53 man roster for over half the year IIRC and I don't believe they were ever active (maybe Riley was for Den)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets did that last season with Enron Riley and Austin Howard...They were part of the 53 man roster for over half the year IIRC and I don't believe they were ever active (maybe Riley was for Den)
    Austin Howard obviously had more than just intel gathering purposes, being he is out starter.

sec.101row23,

You are right in suggesting that we need another back, being that we are only carrying two right now with the injuries (3 if you include hilliard).

I do not believe that a RB with bell's characteristics are what we need, however.

check this excerpt out:

unning back Khalil Bell was UCLA's only participant at the NFL combine, and his numbers were mixed. He ran an unimpressive 4.68 seconds in the 40-yard dash and his 15 reps in the 225-pound bench press didn't left him nine shy of being in the top 10 of running backs.
    However, he was third in the 60-yard shuttle (11.55 seconds), and tied for fifth in the three-cone drill (6.87) and 20-yard shuttle (4.20).
    http://insidesocal.com/ucla/2009/02/...the-nfl-c.html

He isnt a fast guy, and sounds like a less impressive Greene; He is only averaging 2.7 YPC this year. 12 carries, with a long of 18. Take away that long run and he is virtually useless.

If we are going to pick up a RB, we need a 3rd down back.

Austin Howard obviously had more than just intel gathering purposes, being he is out starter.

sec.101row23,

You are right in suggesting that we need another back, being that we are only carrying two right now with the injuries (3 if you include hilliard).

I do not believe that a RB with bell's characteristics are what we need, however.

check this excerpt out:

http://insidesocal.com/ucla/2009/02/...the-nfl-c.html

He isnt a fast guy, and sounds like a less impressive Greene; He is only averaging 2.7 YPC this year. 12 carries, with a long of 18. Take away that long run and he is virtually useless.

If we are going to pick up a RB, we need a 3rd down back.
    The Jets still kept Riley the rest of the season. He wasn't signed just for intell purposes. He was in TC this season and made it until the final cuts.

Kahlil (COW) Bell !!!

Sign THIS BEAST!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    There wasn't already a thread on him. Thanks for starting one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Does he put his pants on one leg at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    There wasn't already a thread on him. Thanks for starting one.
    bump

Not sure I've ever seen someone call Khalil Bell a "beast" before. He used to be really fast, though I'm not sure if that's still the case. Loved him in college, fun guy to watch back then.

edit: Don't know what happened to me there. I was thinking of Tatum Bell. I do remember Khalil Bell now though. Not a fan, never thought much of him at UCLA.
    Last edited by JB1089; 10-15-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Uh huh.

I read that and thought, that sounds like a guy we already have.
    Yep, Grimes sounds like more the type of back we need to complement hot-and-cold Green rather than another clone of what we already have...

All Pro
    Sounds exactly like Shonn Greene.
    fixed