Thread: Revis Surgery Tuesday 10/16

Revis Surgery Tuesday 10/16

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Revis will use his patella tendon graft. Surgery tomorrow morning. #nyj

Revis: "it felt like somebody had a knife and cut thru my knee... I guess it was meant to happen at that time" #nyj

Revis: "I knew it was something different... I figured it was ACL..."

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Revis is doing documentary on his rehab process - camera crew here today filming press conference. #Jets

Revis consulted James Andrews before deciding on Dr Waren in NY. #nyj

JetsInsider.com ‏@JetsInsider
    Revis says he's talked to Adrian Peterson, McNabb, Cro & Sione & gathered info on Jamaal Charles. Says it feels great to get support & info

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Revis has reached it to Adrian Peterson, Derek Anderson, Jamaal Charles, others who have had acls #jets #nyj

Revis is doing a documentary on his ACL rehab. Film crew following him.

Revis says he "probably" will have to prove to Jets that he is the old Revis before getting new contract. "I'm ok with that"

Revis: "To me, there's no question that I (will) be back" to the level he was before he got hurt

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Revis says he "probably" has to prove he's 100 percent next year before team gives him an extension.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "I really don't have no message about that" Revis said abt #jets fans worried about him leaving.

Don't know if anybody else watched his presser, but I thought it was interesting that Revis said he "chose" not to be in the defensive meetings. He said that the coaches told him he can still attend, but he didn't want to be a "distraction" because of his injury. That didn't make any sense to me. He wouldn't be a distraction. A guy like him who is really good at preparing and watching film could help out his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Don't know if anybody else watched his presser, but I thought it was interesting that Revis said he "chose" not to be in the defensive meetings. He said that the coaches told him he can still attend, but he didn't want to be a "distraction" because of his injury. That didn't make any sense to me. He wouldn't be a distraction. A guy like him who is really good at preparing and watching film could help out his teammates.
    Not true, it makes a lot of sense actually...

Revis knows the team needs to stabalize itself without him, especially the secondary. The very reason Cro and the other DB's came out together in the Texans game during pre-game intros, they wanted to establish a new identity without Revis, Revis gets that, and doesn't want the team worry about him or what he can help out with, the only way for the team to move forward for this year is without him. As the year progresses, Revis will probably get more involved then to help out, but for now the players on the field need to move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Maybe best they stand on their own two feet, when your injured sometimes yo become a ghost. He is gonna have a sh*t load of work starting the day after surgery.

Positive thoughts Revis.

to the best defensive player in the nfl good luck wish you a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    to the best defensive player in the nfl good luck wish you a speedy recovery.
    He says, "thank you Nike."

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Not true, it makes a lot of sense actually...

Revis knows the team needs to stabalize itself without him, especially the secondary. The very reason Cro and the other DB's came out together in the Texans game during pre-game intros, they wanted to establish a new identity without Revis, Revis gets that, and doesn't want the team worry about him or what he can help out with, the only way for the team to move forward for this year is without him. As the year progresses, Revis will probably get more involved then to help out, but for now the players on the field need to move on.
    I get that. That's probably the best thing for the Jets secondary - that they discover on their own how they can excel on their own in #24's absence