Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going into NE... Pennington or Sanchez

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Colts run defense was ranked 29th in the NFL, the Pats run defense is ranked 4th in the NFL.

What happens when Greene reverts back to his 2.5 yards per carry next week against a good run defense?

Do you seriously think 82 passing yards will translate to a Jets win?
    Likely not.

You can look at Sanchez's 61% completion percentage, his 105 QB rating, his 2 TDs and no INTs and say whatever you want about 82 yards passing but Sanchez did EXACTLY what he needed to do yesterday!

Also, I'm sure you remember the huge 194 yards passing he had when he beat the Patriots in NE in the playoffs two years ago.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets do even win next week. It still won't mean all that much. The pats are not at all a dominant anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    If the Jets do even win next week. It still won't mean all that much. The pats are not at all a dominant anymore.
    I agree.

The Patriots are essentially Tom Brady and then some smoke and mirrors. They have an emerging running game and the best TE tandem in the league, but if they don't put up at least 3 TDs every game they're not winning with that Defense.

I'm really interested to see how the Patriots do against teams like Houston and the 49ers later this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'd take 2002 Pennington over any version of Sanchez we've seen. But after the injuries, Chad just didn't have the arm to threaten the Pats enough, so you'd have to go Sanchez. One thing I can say with certainty, Chad never went to Foxboro having as poor of a season by the numbers as what Sanchez has given us in 2012. And Chad also had to face the Pats when Belicheck was still looking like a defensive genius, Sanchez has faced the more sieve-like Pats pass Ds.
    Agreed Marks supporters are giddy over 82 yards against a defense that is poorly rated. I'd love to see him put the team on his shoulders and carry the team to a Championship. The question is how will he play if our run game is stopped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I agree.

The Patriots are essentially Tom Brady and then some smoke and mirrors. They have an emerging running game and the best TE tandem in the league, but if they don't put up at least 3 TDs every game they're not winning with that Defense.

I'm really interested to see how the Patriots do against teams like Houston and the 49ers later this year.
    Regardless if the Pats are just Tom Brady and a cloud of dust....

They are still the Pats and have beaten us down more often than not in head-to-head matchups since Brady's arrival. That is why it would ALWAYS be sweet to go up there in Foxboro and beat them.

The tide is slowly(but surely) beginning to turn to the Jets favor.....and pretty soon the Pats will be like they were with Drew Bledsoe at QB : A Solid team but just like all the rest in the MIDDLE OF THE PACK.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I agree.

The niners will hand their lunch to them. The Texans will be a little closer, but still a loss for the pats. I still think the pats will win 10 and the division. unless they get hot or lucky they have no shot at sniffing the superbowl anytime soon.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that was one fluke game 2 years ago.

Since that time, Sanchez is a below .500 QB and ranked in the bottom 3rd of all NFL QB's in completion percentage, QB rating and YPA.

Were you really excited about Sanchez' whopping 82 yards passing yesterday?
    LOL we won 35-9 in a game he threw for 2 touchdowns who cares how many yards he threw for?? Brady threw for over 300 yards yesterday and what was the outcome of that game?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Since that time, Sanchez is a below .500 QB and ranked in the bottom 3rd of all NFL QB's in completion percentage, QB rating and YPA.

I now fully see why you get banned so much..........

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Yep.

We got the W with him as QB.

CPA, I find a hard time believing there is an argument to be made for Pennington over Sanchez, regardless of how miserable you find yourself feeling about Mark at the moment.
    Agreed..but I hang with a LOT of JETS fans in our club in Charlotte and a few of them swear Penny was the Messiah but got hurt too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'd take 2002 Pennington over any version of Sanchez we've seen. But after the injuries, Chad just didn't have the arm to threaten the Pats enough, so you'd have to go Sanchez. One thing I can say with certainty, Chad never went to Foxboro having as poor of a season by the numbers as what Sanchez has given us in 2012. And Chad also had to face the Pats when Belicheck was still looking like a defensive genius, Sanchez has faced the more sieve-like Pats pass Ds.
    The 2002 pennington is like Haley's comet. Except we know when Haleys comet will perform.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

LMAO troll,

No I wasn't excited about Sanchez's performance, and I still think we should cut ties with him sooner or later. The OP asked who would I take into Foxboro for a big game, Penny or Sanchez and I chose Sanchez because last I checked he knocked your ass out of the playoffs in NE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

The tide is slowly(but surely) beginning to turn to the Jets favor
    Based on what exactly?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    LMAO troll,

No I wasn't excited about Sanchez's performance, and I still think we should cut ties with him sooner or later. The OP asked who would I take into Foxboro for a big game, Penny or Sanchez and I chose Sanchez because last I checked he knocked your ass out of the playoffs in NE.
    The time to "cut ties" with Mark is during Next season where he will almost certainly be fighting for the Starting Job.

Based on what exactly?
    Did you even read the rest of my post?

I'm alluding to the fact that Brady is slowing down and is on the decline....He's no spring chicken anymore.

His aura of invincibility is disappearing....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

I'm alluding to the fact that Brady is slowing down and is on the decline....He's no spring chicken anymore.
    Brady leads the NFL in passing yardage, he is completing 66% of his passes, a QB rating of 97.2 and has a 3:1 TD/INT ratio so far this year.

Yea, he is surely slowing down and on the decline.

If Sanchez was anywhere near that type of production, you'd be messing your jeans on a daily basis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christ why are people so hung up on his "82 yards" passing? He didn't NEED to pass! Our run game gained over 250 yards and we scored 35 points.

I'll take 82 yards and 35 points any day of the week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Christ why are people so hung up on his "82 yards" passing?
    Because DDNY simply wants a new QB and PatsfanTX is being a Troll.

In other words, nothing to see here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    If they get off to a slow start on Sunday then things could get ugly for them in a hurry. We on the other hand are playing with house money to some degree.
    House money baby!!!

The hidden benefit of looking like crap against any team with a pulse.