Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: After yesterdays performance.......

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The 5th Dimension
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    After yesterdays performance.......

    would it be fair to say it's time to trade Holmes?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wed be lucky to get a 6th rd pick if we package Holmes and our 1st rd pick.

    The guy is untradeable. He should be cut.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,720
    Post Thanks / Like
    To who? And what would you expect to get for him with the $60M+ contract that would be going with him to another team?

    WRs is a weakness, not a strength of the Jets. Shilens, Jason Hill, etc. filled in pretty well but they're still not guys who should be starting at WR2 in my opinion.

    Holmes, Hill, Kerley would be the best trio we could field if healthy. Holmes is still the best WR on the team.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Wed be lucky to get a 6th rd pick if we package Holmes and our 1st rd pick.

    The guy is untradeable. He should be cut.
    We need all the picks we can get. It's ridiculous to cut him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Go Jets!

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,046
    Post Thanks / Like
    he has an 11m dollar cap hit if cut next season lol...welcome to the real world.

    http://nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    To who? And what would you expect to get for him with the $60M+ contract that would be going with him to another team?

    WRs is a weakness, not a strength of the Jets. Shilens, Jason Hill, etc. filled in pretty well but they're still not guys who should be starting at WR2 in my opinion.

    Holmes, Hill, Kerley would be the best trio we could field if healthy. Holmes is still the best WR on the team.
    Shockey was the Giants best TE and statsically one of their best options in the passing game. But they were better w/o him.

    F Holmes, he's a cancer!!!! We are better w/o him. We still need a legit #1 or Hill to really take a monster jump but Holmes can go and we wont miss him one bit.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The 5th Dimension
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    trade him to Oakland for their 2nd or 3rd if they're willing. we can get another high draft pick wr to complete what we currently have. that would make a decent wr corp with good upside and very young.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    trade him to Oakland for their 2nd or 3rd if they're willing. we can get another high draft pick wr to complete what we currently have. that would make a decent wr corp with good upside and very young.
    The cap hit makes it unfeasible.

    Oakland also has a bunch of similar receivers to Holmes, doubt they would want him.

    Also, we traded a 5th for Holmes. Now we are going to get a 2nd or 3rd for him?

    This isn't Madden.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,221
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are a better team without holmes, but his cap number makes him virtually impossible to trade.

    Im not sure this could work, but I believe we could convert part of his 11million 2013 salary into a roster bonus, pay it to reduce his overall number and then trade him for a 5th round pick or so.

    We would eat part of the money, but technically we would also save some, recoup a pick and rid ourselves of a cancer.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right. After throwing for 82 yards we should get rid of a former Super Bowl MVP.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The 5th Dimension
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    sometimes you have to make difficult business decision. I truly think the JETS are better off without him. Now with that said there has to be some team somewhere willing to take a chance on Holmes but we have to get something in return.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep it is time to trade him.........IN MADDEN

    See here in the real world we have a salary cap, and the cap hit is too enormous to trade him, sorry.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    would it be fair to say it's time to trade Holmes?
    First off, you can't trade a player that's on injured reserve. Second off, there's nobody that's going to take Holmes contract. Third off, nobody is going to take Holmes off a bad injury with how big his contract is. Fourth off, the Jets passed for 82 yards, gee, that's such a big performance that it just makes you want to get rid of your number one weapon on offense for the future.

    Awesome thread

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    he has an 11m dollar cap hit if cut next season lol...welcome to the real world.

    http://nyjetscap.com/salary13.html
    Considering what a cancer he is to the team, still may be worth cutting

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Contract would be the proverbial "BIGGEST ROADBLOCK" in trying to trade him.

    No team(not even the Browns....at least I don't think so....) and their respective GM would be STUPID enough to take on THAT MUCH salary.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    trade him to Oakland for their 2nd or 3rd if they're willing. we can get another high draft pick wr to complete what we currently have. that would make a decent wr corp with good upside and very young.
    Al Davis died. No chance they will take him now.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Right. After throwing for 82 yards we should get rid of a former Super Bowl MVP.
    Thankee.

    Sanchez threw for 82 yards yesterday. We won b.c we took the ball OUT of his hands.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The 5th Dimension
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    First off, you can't trade a player that's on injured reserve. Second off, there's nobody that's going to take Holmes contract. Third off, nobody is going to take Holmes off a bad injury with how big his contract is. Fourth off, the Jets passed for 82 yards, gee, that's such a big performance that it just makes you want to get rid of your number one weapon on offense for the future.

    Awesome thread
    you're right on all points but what we tend to forget; a winning organization not only does it need talent on the playing field but also need talent in the lock room and beyond. Holmes my friend may be the best receiver the JETS have, but we need to sacrifice to get to better places and quite honestly if the JETS happen to cut ties with Holmes they may be heading in a better direction, but that's just my take. We're not winning a super bowl this year so get rid of the cancers before too long. The organization has to do what's best.
    Last edited by J.E.T.Sfan4life; 10-15-2012 at 02:35 PM.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes has been here for 2 and a half years and hes a cancer....we are a more complete team without Holmes. He is not a deep threat he is a glorified possession receiver that drops too many passes and points fingers. When was the last time he took accountability for his actions? For his dropped passes? Never. The Jets are doing the right thing in drafting receivers to "grow" with Sanchez...I wouldn't be surprised if Hill emerges as the number 1 target at the end of this year....then trade Holmes to Seattle for Braylon....

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets should just cut their losses with that guy. Release him and be done with it. His injury was the best thing to happen to the team this year. Addition by subtraction. I couldn't even stand to watch him anymore. The antics, showing up Mark every time he made a poor throw, celebrating every first down catch like it was a Super Bowl win, tossing the ball to the 49ers after his injury, etc. An indefensible MONUMENTAL DOUCHE!!!!!!!!!!! Not even LimoLady can defend that guy anymore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us