Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After yesterdays performance.......

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Thankee.

Sanchez threw for 82 yards yesterday. We won b.c we took the ball OUT of his hands.
    Really?

Who was the guy who threw to Both "Hills"(Stephen and Jason) for the TDs?

The Invisible Man?

And anyway, we won because OUR RUNNING GAME was rolling(3 rushing TDs? Bam!) and it made it possible to give Mark Sanchez an opportunity to do something he does best : PLAYACTION.

No coincidence that when Greene was 2-yards-and-a-cloud-of-nothing, the team in general struggled.

You should never judge anything in the NFL off of 1 game... It's just ****ing retarded and annoying that people haven't figured that out.

But we should trade Holmes based on the dumb **** we've seen over the course of several games.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    We are a better team without holmes, but his cap number makes him virtually impossible to trade.

Im not sure this could work, but I believe we could convert part of his 11million 2013 salary into a roster bonus, pay it to reduce his overall number and then trade him for a 5th round pick or so.

We would eat part of the money, but technically we would also save some, recoup a pick and rid ourselves of a cancer.
    Sounds good to me if possible ...... anything to get rid of him at this point.

I am pretty understandable person and had no problem rooting for guys like Abraham, Keyshawn and Revis when other Jets fan did......but Holmes has been the only one I really just don't like at all and think we would benefit greatly from dumping him if its at all possible.

Sent from my LG-P999

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Right. After throwing for 82 yards we should get rid of a former Super Bowl MVP.
    Exactly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    To who? And what would you expect to get for him with the $60M+ contract that would be going with him to another team?

WRs is a weakness, not a strength of the Jets. Shilens, Jason Hill, etc. filled in pretty well but they're still not guys who should be starting at WR2 in my opinion.

Holmes, Hill, Kerley would be the best trio we could field if healthy. Holmes is still the best WR on the team.
    stream, that's unfair to say in reference to Stephen Hill. He can be an elite player in this league

Has everyone already forgotten he tossed the ball to the other D so he could hold his booboo?

Or that in the prior game Sanchez was forced, oops coached, to hit him predominently and how did that work out? He never really did squat. Dump him and take the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    would it be fair to say it's time to trade Holmes?
    I'm actually glad that cancer is out for the year and absolutely yes, cut him, trade him for a bag of balls, do whatever it takes to get rid of that POS

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Right. After throwing for 82 yards we should get rid of a former Super Bowl MVP.
    +1

I dont understand the logic on this board sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    he has an 11m dollar cap hit if cut next season lol...welcome to the real world.

http://nyjetscap.com/salary13.html
    Thank you. People need freaking stop with these knee jerk reactions. We have one good game - manly because of the run game - and people are ready to trade our best offensive player.

Guy puts up 100+ to beat Miami, but no one comes to bat for him then?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Has everyone already forgotten he tossed the ball to the other D so he could hold his booboo?

Or that in the prior game Sanchez was forced, oops coached, to hit him predominently and how did that work out? He never really did squat. Dump him and take the hit.
    His foot exploded. I'm sure you would've held on tough guy . As for the prior game? You mean the one where he exploded for 9 catches and 147 yards and the catch that put us in position to win the game? Holmes was great for us in '10, had a down year in '11(who didn't?), and was playing well through the first few weeks. Get over Miami. Get over Braylon Edwards not being signed over him. It's in the past. We are not better without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I'm actually glad that cancer is out for the year and absolutely yes, cut him, trade him for a bag of balls, do whatever it takes to get rid of that POS
    Happy that got injured? Congrats on being the biggest scumbag I've seen here today. I've said it countless times, we easily have some of the worst fans in football.

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    +1

This board has plenty of logic. It's just that some people's logic makes more sense than others.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    +1

- no one is denying Holmes is a good wr, it's just at times when there is a bubble in the windshield you fix before it breaks the enter thing and cost more.

- Holmes is no spring chicken, you cannot teach him anything because of the ego++ he knows it all so you get rid of it before it cost you more.

- When Holmes is on the field (YES he is the best receiver) the JETS have we all know that, the experts know that, the coaches know that and sanchez knows that; that's why the ball is thrown his way 30 + times; guess what the other receivers who can contribute to the team in some form or fashion gets forgotten. And when his phony arse cannot make a play, drops a ball, or the ball is short he turns his back like some b***h looking for attention.

- that's why you cut ties, take your loses and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    First off, you can't trade a player that's on injured reserve. Second off, there's nobody that's going to take Holmes contract. Third off, nobody is going to take Holmes off a bad injury with how big his contract is. Fourth off, the Jets passed for 82 yards, gee, that's such a big performance that it just makes you want to get rid of your number one weapon on offense for the future.

Awesome thread
    +1

He'll probably come back motivated to prove he's still a #1 WR. The cap hit from cutting him makes it unfeasible as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Make it a bag of Bridgestone 330s and I'm in.

In fact, I am glad Revis is out. NOT HURT, just out. Gives the team a chance to see the D without MEVIS. So far....so good. I want Revis but not on MEVIS terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Happy that got injured? Congrats on being the biggest scumbag I've seen here today. I've said it countless times, we easily have some of the worst fans in football.

Thank you, Moogles, btw, I did not say I was glad he got hurt, that's unfortunate, but I am glad he can't drag down the team with his selfishness like he did last year
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 10-15-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Thank you, Moogles, btw, I did not say I was glad he got hurt, that's unfortunate, but I am glad he can't drag down the team with his selfishness like he did last year
    You said you're glad he's out for the year. Unless he gets suspended, injury is the only way that can happen. Don't try and cover up what you meant. It looks pathetic.

As for Miami, he was frustrated with the gameplan. While I don't necessarily agree with way he expressed his frustrations, when your best player isn't even being targeted in the final game of the season with your playoff hopes on the line, you have a right to be upset. Football is an emotional support and all those built up frustrations came out during an ugly game where Holmes was basically being used as a decoy. But that was last year and no one can go back and change what happened. The team has moved on, he's moved on, and there are no indications that he was complaining about anything this year. It's time for the fans to move on. Trading or cutting the guy not only hurts us financially, but talent wise too. It's a stupid question, and shouldn't even be asked.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 10-15-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You said you're glad he's out for the year. Unless he gets suspended, injury is the only way that can happen. Don't try and cover up what you meant. It looks pathetic.

As for Miami, he was frustrated with the gameplan. While I don't necessarily agree with way he expressed his frustrations, when your best player isn't even being targeted in the final game of the season with your playoff hopes on the line, you have a right to be upset. Football is an emotional support and all those built up frustrations came out during an ugly game where Holmes was basically being used as a decoy. But that was last year and no one can go back and change what happened. The team has moved on, he's moved on, and there are no indications that he was complaining about anything this year. It's time for the fans to move on. Trading or cutting the guy not only hurts us financially, but talent wise too. It's a stupid question, and shouldn't even be asked.
    Blah, blah, blah, ...GFY

I don't think we should cut the guy and we will get nothing back in a trade, but the Jets FO need to open their eyes and stop trying to make a clear #2 WR their #1. They need to get a true #1 WR on the team and use Holmes where he is most effective (as the #2 or Slot guy).

Veteran
    you people say he's been a cancer for his time here, but other then the incident at miami last season, what has he done besides win us a couple games in crunch time and make plays?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    - no one is denying Holmes is a good wr, it's just at times when there is a bubble in the windshield you fix before it breaks the enter thing and cost more.

- Holmes is no spring chicken, you cannot teach him anything because of the ego++ he knows it all so you get rid of it before it cost you more.

- When Holmes is on the field (YES he is the best receiver) the JETS have we all know that, the experts know that, the coaches know that and sanchez knows that; that's why the ball is thrown his way 30 + times; guess what the other receivers who can contribute to the team in some form or fashion gets forgotten. And when his phony arse cannot make a play, drops a ball, or the ball is short he turns his back like some b***h looking for attention.

- that's why you cut ties, take your loses and move on.
    I understand your points, and agree that he is a bonehead.

But we cannot cut ties with him and have 11M in dead money.