Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: After yesterdays performance.......

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    you people say he's been a cancer for his time here, but other then the incident at miami last season, what has he done besides win us a couple games in crunch time and make plays?
    Last year, he was in a feud with Sanchez and Schottenheimer for most of the season and this year, if you were watching closely, he constantly shows up his QB after incompletes, besides the fact he has had a ton of drops last year into this year. Time to get rid of him when that crap is going on

Yup. He's essentially trash that coasts on his SB MVP reputation. Couple good plays a game, but in today's NFL, shouldn't that be easy to achieve? He's personality-wise a tool, and a detriment to the concept of team.

Wish we still had Braylon- dude basically dragged patriots into the endzone and had that next-level beast-mode setting... Few want to admit, but receivers are close to RBs in that they are easily replaceable... A decent QB can get the ball to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Blah, blah, blah, ...GFY
    What a fantastic and intelligent rebuttal. Expected from someone who finds joy in the injury of players on his own team. Right back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    What a fantastic and intelligent rebuttal. Expected from someone who finds joy in the injury of players on his own team. Right back at you.
    STFU....Unlike yourself, I'm not interested in kissing the ass of a me-first team cancer, I've been a die-hard fan of this team for over 40 years and I'm interested in getting to see my team win the Super Bowl...He has become a problem and I'm glad he's not on the sideline and the field with his bad attitude taking away from that...I told you what I meant about being glad he's out for the season and I can safely guarantee you that most Jet fans agree with me.
    Also, if you are Santonio or one of his kiss-ass friends, tell him to grow the F___ up if he does come back instead of acting like everyone else is the problem

STFU....Unlike yourself, I'm not interested in kissing the ass of a me-first team cancer, I've been a die-hard fan of this team for over 40 years and I'm interested in getting to see my team win the Super Bowl...He has become a problem and I'm glad he's not on the sideline and the field with his bad attitude taking away from that...I told you what I meant about being glad he's out for the season and I can safely guarantee you that most Jet fans agree with me.
    Also, if you are Santonio or one of his kiss-ass friends, tell him to grow the F___ up if he does come back instead of acting like everyone else is the problem
    Ass kisser? Hilarious. I actually lobbied for Braylon Edwards when there was a choice to be made. Thought he was a better fit for a run first team that occasionally took big shots down the field. Like I said in a previous post, the only two ways Holmes would be out for a year would be suspension or injury. Tell me, which one of the two were you hoping happened since you apparently wanted him gone for the year?

I'm also dying to hear other examples of how Holmes has become a cancer to this team other than Miami. He was fine in 2010, and we heard nothing through the first four weeks of the season despite the team struggling. I gave you a perfect run-down of what happened in Miami (2011) and even told you that I didn't agree with what he did but understood the situation and understood why he was so frustrated. Instead of debating it I was met with a response from what sounded like a five year old.

The team and Santonio have all moved on, so why can't some of the fans.

BTW, most Jets fans would not agree with you that losing our best play maker on offense was a good thing. Your game-day drinking buddies don't count as "everyone". You want to see a Super Bowl in your lifetime? Losing players like Santonio Holmes for the year without any other proven talent on the roster isn't going to help your chances.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 10-16-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Ass kisser? Hilarious. I actually lobbied for Braylon Edwards when there was a choice to be made. Thought he was a better fit for a run first team that occasionally took big shots down the field. Like I said in a previous post, the only two ways Holmes would be out for a year would be suspension or injury. Tell me, which one of the two were you hoping happened since you apparently wanted him gone for the year?

I'm also dying to hear other examples of how Holmes has become a cancer to this team other than Miami. He was fine in 2010, and we heard nothing through the first four weeks of the season despite the team struggling. I gave you a perfect run-down of what happened in Miami (2011) and even told you that I didn't agree with what he did but understood the situation and understood why he was so frustrated. Instead of debating it I was met with a response from what sounded like a five year old.

BTW, most Jets fans would not agree with you that losing our best play maker on offense was a good thing. Your game-day drinking buddies don't count as "everyone". You want to see a Super Bowl in your lifetime? Losing players like Santonio Holmes for the year without any other proven talent on the roster isn't going to help your chances.
    In your first post to me you called me a scumbag, and I'm the five year old? When you call me a scumbag, I am going to tell you to Go Fvck Yourself, understood? And as far as Santonio goes, he is a locker room cancer and those statements were made after the season by numerous JET PLAYERS, thats all I needed to hear to not want him on my team anymore. I didnt want him on the team and I'm glad he wont be in the huddle dragging everyone down. I guarantee you most Jet fans would agree with me.Now run along and pick a fight with someone else, son
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 10-16-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Were we better without him against SF or only when the results fit the conculsion you already have drawn?

Except that he is CLEARLY not our best playmaker.

All Pro
    I am not sure I would be making the argument to trade Holmes after an 82 yard passing performance. I dont think we would get much for him coming off of a major foot injury.

I get the logic, but I expect Holmes will be back. Our top 4 WR next year will likely be Holmes, Schilens, Kerley and S Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Were we better without him against SF or only when the results fit the conculsion you already have drawn?
    Well it was already 17-0 when he went down with his injury so it was 17-0 with him and 17-0 without him, so you tell me. I get sick of him constantly dropping passes and then when Sanchez misses him one time he throws his hands up, showing up his QB, he does it constantly

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Well it was already 17-0 when he went down with his injury so it was 17-0 with him and 17-0 without him, so you tell me. I get sick of him constantly dropping passes and then when Sanchez misses him one time he throws his hands up, showing up his QB, he does it constantly
    He is still better than most of what the Jets run out there at WR, and at least draws the attention of a #1 CB or double coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    He is still better than most of what the Jets run out there at WR, and at least draws the attention of a #1 CB or double coverage.
    Yea, I agree, but to me that is offset by the BS with him and Sanchez...To each his own

In your first post to me you called me a scumbag, and I'm the five year old? When you call me a scumbag, I am going to tell you to Go Fvck Yourself, understood? And as far as Santonio goes, he is a locker room cancer and those statements were made after the season by numerous JET PLAYERS, thats all I needed to hear to not want him on my team anymore. I didnt want him on the team and I'm glad he wont be in the huddle dragging everyone down. I guarantee you most Jet fans would agree with me.Now run along and pick a fight with someone else, son
    You were happy about a football player on our own team being injured. That's scummy. An issue that you've detracted from ever since I asked what exactly it was you were hoping would happen to him. Don't be surprised if you say things like that people tell you that you sound like a jerk. Then when I bring up valid points to the argument of whether or not we should get rid of him and you respond with nothing more than "Blah blah blah, GFY"? YES you are the five year old.

You can go by Manish Mehta's anonymous Jets, I'll go with what Jets players still on the team say. I'm not going to derail this thread anymore, either respond to me with reasonable reasons as to why we're better off with Holmes and we can debate that, or don't respond to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Except that he is CLEARLY not our best playmaker.
    Listen, I was never Holmes's biggest fan. But the guy can play WR. Will he be our best playmaker in 1-2 years? Personally, I think that guy is going to be Stephen Hill. But THIS year and maybe even the next few years while Hill develops, the Jets most talented and PROVEN wide receiver is Santonio Holmes. That's all I'm saying.

That being said, guys like Kerley have REALLY impressed me this year by stepping up in his absence and even before he was injured. Jeremy, IMHO, is a guy to really look out for these next few games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Shockey was the Giants best TE and statsically one of their best options in the passing game. But they were better w/o him.

F Holmes, he's a cancer!!!! We are better w/o him. We still need a legit #1 or Hill to really take a monster jump but Holmes can go and we wont miss him one bit.
    Most Giant fans I know would say Mark Bavaro..

You were happy about a football player on our own team being injured. That's scummy. An issue that you've detracted from ever since I asked what exactly it was you were hoping would happen to him. Don't be surprised if you say things like that people tell you that you sound like a jerk. Then when I bring up valid points to the argument of whether or not we should get rid of him and you respond with nothing more than "Blah blah blah, GFY"? YES you are the five year old.

You can go by Manish Mehta's anonymous Jets, I'll go with what Jets players still on the team say. I'm not going to derail this thread anymore, either respond to me with reasonable reasons as to why we're better off with Holmes and we can debate that, or don't respond to me at all.
    Too late, douchebag... You already derailed the thread, loser