Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's with all the Kyle Wison hate?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    It looks like he did not play

SECONDARY

Antonio Cromartie -- 71 snaps/100 percent

LaRon Landry -- 71 snaps/100 percent

Yeremiah Bell -- 71 snaps/100 percent

Kyle Wilson -- 70 snaps/99 percent

Ellis Lankster -- 49 snaps/69 percent

Antonio Allen -- 11 snaps/15 percent

Josh Bush -- 10 snaps/14 percent

Isaiah Trufant -- 9 snaps/13 percent
    How bad do you have to be if you couldn't get any PT on a depleted Jets team?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's the most underrated corner on our roster. He has one weakness, EVERY corner not named Revis has them, he is bad at turning his head on deep balls. He's probably the best "zone" corner on the team, if the play is in front of him, he'll be there on time and make a great tackle. The kid can ball, and would easily be a #2 corner or better on virtually every team in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    How bad do you have to be if you couldn't get any PT on a depleted Jets team?
    Because the secondary isn't that depleted. Lankster is a good corner.

And the biggest reason is that he probably doesn't know the system yet either.

As far as Wilson, I could care less if the QB's are missing open guys he's covering because luck is part of being good. Some players are lucky. And he's not Revis, he's not Cro, but he's not garbage either. He looks like garbage on some plays but then other plays he looks pretty good.

We are going to know for sure this week because Brady finds anyone who sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

As far as Wilson, I could care less if the QB's are missing open guys he's covering because luck is part of being good. Some players are lucky. And he's not Revis, he's not Cro, but he's not garbage either. He looks like garbage on some plays but then other plays he looks pretty good.

Well then we'll see. Will berry get any PT?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Yea i've noticed its ridiclous hes playing solid right now hes's stepped up hugly like I said teams are throwing at Cromartie more then Wilson thats not by accident although im glad they are Cro is a freak.
    Wilson had been showing some improvement lately. And I have been pleasantly suprised that the secondary has stepped up since Revis went down. Cro BTW was a fantastic pickup by the Jets!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Wilson had been showing some improvement lately. And I have been pleasantly suprised that the secondary has stepped up since Revis went down. Cro BTW was a fantastic pickup by the Jets!!
    Cro has proven to be a GOD-SEND for this team in Revis absence.

And the reason we all get on him is not so much that he isn't a good corner(he's a great one, actually) but that we're comparing him to perhaps one of the GOAT in Revis.

Without him, we're discovering that Cro isn't all that bad. He just needs to stay with his man and be "aggressive"(within 5 yards, of course) and he's proven to be VERY effective.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lankster is a good corner.
    He is, other than that bone head TD against the Bills the guy can cover. He's a sleeper and could be with the Jets for years to come.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kyle wasnt amazing but did do a good job.
    He covered some double moves that impressed me. Didnt hurt that we harrassed Cluck too.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    With the execption of the 49ers game I think hes' played really well since Revis went down Teams IMO seem to be throwing more at Cro then Wilson. Hes not giving up huge plays hes not making costly mistakes I think hes played well.
    For you to ask that question only means that you are either not watching the games or related to him!
    Last edited by LA Jet Fan; 10-15-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. And I'm guessing we'll see Berry in spots Sunday. That is as long as the Jets DL can stop the Pats running game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's been playing well. Great to see.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The hate is because he was a number 1 draft pick and should be a dominant starter in the league. Gronkowski was drafted AFTER him in the same draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lankster played lights out in pre-season until he was injured. Revis makes everyone look ordinary but Cromartie while imperfect is superb, Kyle Wilson is playing better but not like a first round pick.

Cornerback is the least of this teams problems.