Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: What's with all the Kyle Wison hate?

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    439
    Post Thanks / Like

    What's with all the Kyle Wison hate?

    With the execption of the 49ers game I think hes' played really well since Revis went down Teams IMO seem to be throwing more at Cro then Wilson. Hes not giving up huge plays hes not making costly mistakes I think hes played well.
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 10-15-2012 at 03:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because he always gets beat & has his back to the ball. And when a QB overthrows his receiver he thinks it's because he did something, hence his stupid you can't see me dance.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    He isn't giving them up cause he's getting lucky. QBs have missed the wide outs down the field after he gets burned.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    i noticed he was still playing the slot yesterday with lankster on the outside

  5. #5
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    what happened with this aaron berry guy? is he seeing the field?

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    He isn't giving them up cause he's getting lucky. QBs have missed the wide outs down the field after he gets burned.
    QFT.

    I can't recall the number of times where he was beat BADLY and after his man failed to catch a catchable pass, Kyle went and Taunted him as if he was the one who prevented the completion.....

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Barcelona Catalunya
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is terrible. He always seems to get beaten, and i see him jawing way too much considering his lack of talent.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The 5th Dimension
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kyle still has a stiff neck that's his problem.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson is bread in an oven. It's only a matter of time before he's toast.

    Corny line aside, that dude is terrible. Nice ole coverage on a 3rd & 15 on the first drive of the game to take the crowd out of it for a few. If I'm Brady, I'm locking in on Welker any time I see #20 lined up across from him.

    Good tackler though, I'll give him that.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Leon View Post
    what happened with this aaron berry guy? is he seeing the field?
    Good question, I can't seem to remember but did we cut him?

    Anyway, he does get beat a lot, and the fact that teams throw to cro more only shows they favor their number 1 WR. He's still a solid open field tackler tho.

    Fact is, we will learn just how solid he is this week when we play NE, bc there aren't many QBs who know how to spread the ball around and find the open receiver like Brady.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    With the execption of the 49ers game I think hes' played really well since Revis went down Teams IMO seem to be throwing more at Cro then Wilson. Hes not giving up huge plays h not making costly mistakes I think hes played well.
    Don't you know people make up their minds around here, and they do not change them...ever? Wilson has been gettting more and more confident, and is playing pretty damn well right now, but he still sucks.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Don't you know people make up their minds around here, and they do not change them...ever? Wilson has been gettting more and more confident, and is playing pretty damn well right now, but he still sucks.
    Yea i've noticed its ridiclous hes playing solid right now hes's stepped up hugly like I said teams are throwing at Cromartie more then Wilson thats not by accident although im glad they are Cro is a freak.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    775
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is short and seems to be deaf to noise around him. He still seems like he's running rex's defense through his head and reacting 2 seconds late.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    CB isn't his strong suit. He just doesn't have the awareness for it. Could he be better off as a safety? He has great speed and is a good tackler. Maybe he is better off defending the plays in front of him.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Don't you know people make up their minds around here, and they do not change them...ever? Wilson has been gettting more and more confident, and is playing pretty damn well right now, but he still sucks.
    contradict yourself much? lol

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Good question, I can't seem to remember but did we cut him?

    Anyway, he does get beat a lot, and the fact that teams throw to cro more only shows they favor their number 1 WR. He's still a solid open field tackler tho.

    Fact is, we will learn just how solid he is this week when we play NE, bc there aren't many QBs who know how to spread the ball around and find the open receiver like Brady.
    Berry is playing a lot of ST's I haven't seen him on the field. When the Jets have played 5 DB's I think they had Allen in. He's learning the playbook I think, but he's still on the team.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not tight in coverage and doesn't have very good ball awareness. You'd think from playing alongside Revis and Cromartie that he would've developed into a better corner but it hasn't happened.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    Until he starts getting beat and the guy catches it, he's playing well. Or well enough.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Until he starts getting beat and the guy catches it, he's playing well. Or well enough.
    When Sanchez doesn't throw picks fumble or lose the game, is that good enough too?

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Leon View Post
    what happened with this aaron berry guy? is he seeing the field?

    It looks like he did not play

    SECONDARY

    Antonio Cromartie -- 71 snaps/100 percent

    LaRon Landry -- 71 snaps/100 percent

    Yeremiah Bell -- 71 snaps/100 percent

    Kyle Wilson -- 70 snaps/99 percent

    Ellis Lankster -- 49 snaps/69 percent

    Antonio Allen -- 11 snaps/15 percent

    Josh Bush -- 10 snaps/14 percent

    Isaiah Trufant -- 9 snaps/13 percent

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us