Thread: Just a feeling...

Just a feeling...

I am a long in the tooth Jets and NFL fan.

Great win yesterday and it seemed to me the team is working hard.

Rex Ryan is the best Jets coach since Weeb.

Please stop acting like "your team" is failing you.

I'm not joking or trolling. It seems the grip has disappeared here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj23_nDFSfE
    Last edited by Hobblingjetster; 10-15-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobblingjetster View Post
    I am a long in the tooth Jets and NFL fan.

Great win yesterday and it seemed to me the team is working hard.

Rex Ryan is the best Jets coach since Weeb.

Please stop acting like "your team" is failing you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj23_nDFSfE
    If we win 9 games..I agree. I have been VERY pleased that the team has not quit on him and he has put a plan together to be competitive.

When the chips are down he is stepping up. The PATS and GIANTS in the SB shut his mouth. Thank goodness. NOW... perhaps with Holmes and revis out he will continue to coach and not depend on "stars".

But Walt Michaels says hello, so does Tuna.

I hope the Jets play their asses off the rest of the season and win 9 games but this coming sunday, I'm not holding my breath for a 'W' though it would be VERY NICE!

It really sucks that THIS is the year we get back to the mean on injuries!

This AFC is wide open & a healthy Jets team would of had as good a chance as any.
    I was looking forward to seeing Rex slowly introduce Davis, Allen & some more of the young guys on defense as the year went on.
    But, as soon as Powell starts contributing, Bam!
    McKnight, Bam!
    We can't get through a game with losing players this year.
    I know it happens to other teams but who has lost their best defensive & offensive player this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    It really sucks that THIS is the year we get back to the mean on injuries!

This AFC is wide open & a healthy Jets team would of had as good a chance as any.
    I was looking forward to seeing Rex slowly introduce Davis, Allen & some more of the young guys on defense as the year went on.
    But, as soon as Powell starts contributing, Bam!
    McKnight, Bam!
    We can't get through a game with losing players this year.
    I know it happens to other teams but who has lost their best defensive & offensive player this year?
    I think of it in this regard :

Every year, Tom Brady gets older and his skills further decline.

You'd feel so much better if you think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    If we win 9 games..I agree. I have been VERY pleased that the team has not quit on him and he has put a plan together to be competitive.

When the chips are down he is stepping up. The PATS and GIANTS in the SB shut his mouth. Thank goodness. NOW... perhaps with Holmes and revis out he will continue to coach and not depend on "stars".

Walt Michaels endured and you're right, it's about chemistry. Michaels got hot with his oc Walton. I like this team and their approach with all their injuries.

This nonsense I read here is bad and simply low class.

Root for your team.

I'm with you OP, I know how bad it hurts getting blown out by teams like the niners, and coming up short in close games against great teams like the texans, but you gotta stick to your guns!

That being said, I think I'm being objective saying last week was the first time in years where we've seen Greene be anything close to a dominant back. I was calling for Powell, and still don't know that I'd like Greene starting over Powell in the long run, but with the performance he put up yesterday (and a potentially bad injury to Powell) he's got his starting spot back for another game or two.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Walt Michaels was probably the longest serving successful Jets coach since Weeb. But he had 2 clunkers for seasons in 1977 and 1980.

Parcells only stayed with the team three years and had three different seasons, a middle season, a great season, and a clunker.

Rex hasn't had a clunker yet. This has the potential to be his first, but we will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Walt Michaels was probably the longest serving successful Jets coach since Weeb. But he had 2 clunkers for seasons in 1977 and 1980.

Parcells only stayed with the team three years and had three different seasons, a middle season, a great season, and a clunker.

Rex hasn't had a clunker yet. This has the potential to be his first, but we will wait and see.
    I think Parcells is one of the best coaches of all time but how can anyone put Michaels or Parcells over Rex when it comes to the Jets? He's made it farther. I judge coaches by how far the team makes it in the playoffs/super bowl and Rex has done more than Parcells or Michaels.

Weeb's super bowl puts him over everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I think Parcells is one of the best coaches of all time but how can anyone put Michaels or Parcells over Rex when it comes to the Jets? He's made it farther. I judge coaches by how far the team makes it in the playoffs/super bowl and Rex has done more than Parcells or Michaels.

Weeb's super bowl puts him over everyone else.
    Parcells got the jets to the AFC champ game against denver and he started with a team that was 1-15 the year before he took over. So NO rex has not taken the jets farther then bill and the team bill inherited sucked ass the year before.

In fact before parcells got to the jets they were an absolute joke for quite some time.

I loved the dancing. Go Jets! Hit'em hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH1k8iJ_DbQ