Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli Mannings receivers

Eli Mannings receivers

Believe me when I say this with utmost respect that Eli is a very good QB but OMG does this guy get bailed out NUMEROUS times by some of the sickest catches you'll ever see!

I mean Dominick Hickson, a freaking backup is catching balls on the damn sideline, Nicks grabbing anything within 10 yards of him, Cruz catching the back of the ball.
    It's freaking eerie the type of help Eli gets.
    Seriously, 2 of the biggest plays in the Superbowl were freaking OUTRAGOUS catches that had they not been made change the entire course of history & Elis legacy for gods sake.

Elis a good man & like they say, good things happen to good people.
    Sanchez has not been so fortunate when it comes to great catches & the one great catch someone made for him won a 2010 playoff at Gillette.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ummmmm it has nothing to do with Sanchez IMO but it does have to do with a FO in the Giants actuallly knowing what they are doing......

All League
    Yes, Eli does have sick receivers and does get help from them.

But Eli has become truly special in that it doesn't matter who the Giants trot out there at WR. He will find the open man and put him in a position to succeed. He's a true franchise quarterback, one who consistently elevates the play of everyone around him in the offense. As someone who actually enjoys watching the Giants, it's been amazing watching his career develop from bottom tier quarterback, to unquestionably elite.

Eli is everything you want in a quarterback. Does he get lucky with great catches on occasion? Yeah. But as the saying goes, you create your own luck.

-----
    Also, OP: don't forget the catch Braylon made at the end of the wild card playoff game in Indy the week before that Pats game.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Yes, Eli does have sick receivers and does get help from them.

But Eli has become truly special in that it doesn't matter who the Giants trot out there at WR. He will find the open man and put him in a position to succeed. He's a true franchise quarterback, one who consistently elevates the play of everyone around him in the offense. As someone who actually enjoys watching the Giants, it's been amazing watching his career develop from bottom tier quarterback, to unquestionably elite.

Eli is everything you want in a quarterback. Does he get lucky with great catches on occasion? Yeah. But as the saying goes, you create your own luck.

-----
    Also, OP: don't forget the catch Braylon made at the end of the wild card playoff game in Indy the week before that Pats game.
    Don't worry...If he does forget, I'll probably be the one who reminds him....again.

Hall Of Fame
    Throughout the entire 2010 season BE routinely went across the middle and caught inaccurate balls thrown well above his head. Last year, Plaxico made that one catch in the Bufallo game on a ball that looked like it was destined for the first row of seats.

Sanchez is inaccurate and a poor decision maker. Plain and simple. Has nothing to do with his WRs.

But I agree, Sanchez would be great if he played on the All-Madden team.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmmm it has nothing to do with Sanchez IMO but it does have to do with a FO in the Giants actuallly knowing what they are doing......
    I'm just pointing out that you need help.
    Certainly Sanchez has made his share of bad throws but just in these 1st 6 games, there were many plays that were NOT made.
    This NFL game is a game of inches & 3rd down conversions are of utmost importance.
    Mark needs some help this coming week, & our receivers & TEs need to have a GREAT DAY catching the ball vs a really weak Pats secondary.
    You win by keeping TB12 on the sidelines & scoring on each opportunity that presents itself.
    We know that the D can not win this game, they might slow him down on occasion but Jets need to control the ball & Sparano needs to delve into his bag of tricks!
    If I'm the Jets, I'm going for 4th & short on every drive over mid field!
    Brady starting at his 20 means nothing, holding the Pats to FGs is the only way to beat them in Gillette.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Throughout the entire 2010 season BE routinely went across the middle and caught inaccurate balls thrown well above his head. Last year, Plaxico made that one catch in the Bufallo game on a ball that looked like it was destined for the first row of seats.

Sanchez is inaccurate and a poor decision maker. Plain and simple. Has nothing to do with his WRs.

But I agree, Sanchez would be great if he played on the All-Madden team.
    Sanchez receivers have SUCKED for the most part this year!
    Both Hill & Holmes have dropped sure TD passes.
    Cumberland let that ball go right thru his hands on 3rd down vs Texans!
    Say what you want, I've seen Jimmy Graham grab many a high throw from Brees.
    When you have Redzone, you see players making incredible plays all over the league on balls that are not thrown right on their hands or in the "breadbasket".
    Jets have a inordinate amount of easy drops this year.

Giants passing game is almosty always in synch. The WRs make great plays, but they generally know where the ball is going to be and when they are going to get it. Jets WRs enjoy no such certainty with Sanchez, he is all over the place and frequently doesn't even give them a chance to make a nice catch. When your passing game is in synch, you see great catches. Look at last night with the Packers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I'm just pointing out that you need help.
    Certainly Sanchez has made his share of bad throws but just in these 1st 6 games, there were many plays that were NOT made.
    This NFL game is a game of inches & 3rd down conversions are of utmost importance.
    Mark needs some help this coming week, & our receivers & TEs need to have a GREAT DAY catching the ball vs a really weak Pats secondary.
    You win by keeping TB12 on the sidelines & scoring on each opportunity that presents itself.
    We know that the D can not win this game, they might slow him down on occasion but Jets need to control the ball & Sparano needs to delve into his bag of tricks!
    If I'm the Jets, I'm going for 4th & short on every drive over mid field!
    Brady starting at his 20 means nothing, holding the Pats to FGs is the only way to beat them in Gillette.
    My reponse was I agree with you... 100%

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Sanchez receivers have SUCKED for the most part this year!
    Both Hill & Holmes have dropped sure TD passes.
    Cumberland let that ball go right thru his hands on 3rd down vs Texans!
    Say what you want, I've seen Jimmy Graham grab many a high throw from Brees.
    When you have Redzone, you see players making incredible plays all over the league on balls that are not thrown right on their hands or in the "breadbasket".
    Jets have a inordinate amount of easy drops this year.
    And for every "easy drop" there has been a "easy throw" that Sanchez has botched.

Bottom line, if yesterday proved anything, it was that the less Sanchez throws the ball, the better the offense looks. In Year 4 that should not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    And for every "easy drop" there has been a "easy throw" that Sanchez has botched.

Bottom line, if yesterday proved anything, it was that the less Sanchez throws the ball, the better the offense looks. In Year 4 that should not be the case.
    Drops are part of the game too. Packers had 3 blatant drops in a 4 throw span last night, did it ruin Rodgers night? And these were actual drops that hit the receiver in the hands, chest level, not some of the stretches Sanchez fans consider drops where a receiver would have needed to be 9 feet tall to corral it in.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If Eli sucked, the excuse would be that he doesn't have any weapons.

Put Eli on the Jets and he would throw for 300 yards a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Umm....No. This is the JETS. Remember?

Jets Insider VIP
    Eli is much more of a reason for the Giants' passing game success than their WR corps. He takes journeymen, former PS players, and makes them look great. His abilities allows their playmaking abilities to flourish.

Jets Insider VIP

Sorry Giants fans were saying Manning sucked before Eli went on his first SB run!!

You are kidding with revisionist posts like this on Eli Manning. Giants fans hated him, hated him --- and I went on Giant fan sites and defended him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry Giants fans were saying Manning sucked before Eli went on his first SB run!!

You are kidding with revisionist posts like this on Eli Manning. Giants fans hated him, hated him --- and I went on Giant fan sites and defended him.
    Eli definitely did suck up until he won the SB. In fact, he sucked in the regular season of the SB year but then played really well that postseason. It has been in the last 2-3 years where Eli has become great.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You are right. But I'm not talking about the pre-championship Eli Manning. I'm talking about the Eli Manning of the past 3 years who turns journeymen undrafted free agents into Pro Bowl caliber pass catchers.

Put him on the Jets and Stephen Hill is in discussion for rookie of the year and Kerley get 1000 yards in a season.

Jets Insider VIP
    You are right. But I'm not talking about the pre-championship Eli Manning. I'm talking about the Eli Manning of the past 3 years who turns journeymen undrafted free agents into Pro Bowl caliber pass catchers.

Put him on the Jets and Stephen Hill is in discussion for rookie of the year and Kerley get 1000 yards in a season.
    Ok you can't even compare Sanchez to Eli Mannig right now it is a joke.

If that is your point then I agree with you!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Isnt mark sanchez becoming eli manning real soon? Mark's 1st 3 years is just like eli and brees. He is turning inot a combination of eli and brees any second now. Cant wait.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ok you can't even compare Sanchez to Eli Mannig right now it is a joke.

If that is your point then I agree with you!!
    My point is that good and/or great QBs can complain about the defense being bad. They can complain about a swiss cheese o-line....

But really good QBs can still thrive with mediocre receiving corps. Eli absolutely has - but for Sanchez, it's just another excuse to explain why he sucks.