Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Anyone else think Jason Hill should start seeing the field more

  1. #1

    Anyone else think Jason Hill should start seeing the field more

    In 2 weeks that hes been here hes made in impact he almost had a deep touchdown last week and he had touchdown yesterday this guy is fast and cuts good. And I loved this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-uXboo3f-w
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 10-15-2012 at 03:23 PM.

  2. #2
    lol, almost had a deep td? He DROPPED it! He also took a terrible false start penalty in that game. He looked okay yesterday but I'm not sold on him anymore than I am with Chaz the Spaz.

  3. #3
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4646635]lol, almost had a deep td? He DROPPED it! He also took a terrible false start penalty in that game. He looked okay yesterday but I'm not sold on him anymore than I am with Chaz the Spaz.[/QU

    It was his first real game action of the year what do you expect him to come out and look like CJ his first game? Hes only going to get better each week just watch and see.

  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    lol, almost had a deep td? He DROPPED it! He also took a terrible false start penalty in that game. He looked okay yesterday but I'm not sold on him anymore than I am with Chaz the Spaz.
    Schilens has been pretty good this year, actually. He catches everything that's thrown at him (even when its not on target), and he's open quite a bit even when Sanchez doesn't find him.

    He might be what saves our passing game this year - assuming he stays healthy.

    As an aside, I was sitting next to a guy at the game yesterday who was in LOVE with Schilens. He mentioned something about being a Raiders fan (not sure if he was primarily a Jets fan, but I didn't press the issue) and was absolutely in love with the guy. While I kept asking him if he was Schilens' Mom, I didn't ask him if he goes by 9175. What a missed opportunity.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    As an aside, I was sitting next to a guy at the game yesterday who was in LOVE with Schilens. He mentioned something about being a Raiders fan (not sure if he was primarily a Jets fan, but I didn't press the issue) and was absolutely in love with the guy. While I kept asking him if he was Schilens' Mom, I didn't ask him if he goes by 9175. What a missed opportunity.
    Did he know Schilens' 40 time?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Schilens has been pretty good this year, actually. He catches everything that's thrown at him (even when its not on target), and he's open quite a bit even when Sanchez doesn't find him.

    He might be what saves our passing game this year - assuming he stays healthy.

    As an aside, I was sitting next to a guy at the game yesterday who was in LOVE with Schilens. He mentioned something about being a Raiders fan (not sure if he was primarily a Jets fan, but I didn't press the issue) and was absolutely in love with the guy. While I kept asking him if he was Schilens' Mom, I didn't ask him if he goes by 9175. What a missed opportunity.
    Did he use the word EXPLOSIVE when describing him? That would have been your giveaway.

    Agree with your take on Schilens - he's been a nice surprise. Hoping he's a guy that can do some damage after the catch if he ever gets the ball in stride.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    In 2 weeks that hes been here hes made in impact he almost had a deep touchdown last week and he had touchdown yesterday this guy is fast and cuts good. And I loved this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-uXboo3f-w
    Heard he did that for his 4-year-old son.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,930
    I don't. For some reason they felt the need to complement his route on that TD; looked very rounded on the "cuts". Maybe that's the way you're supposed to run it, but to me it looked a bit disjointed. Still, 6 is 6.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I don't. For some reason they felt the need to complement his route on that TD; looked very rounded on the "cuts". Maybe that's the way you're supposed to run it, but to me it looked a bit disjointed. Still, 6 is 6.
    Jetworks, I don't give a damn if he friggin' MoonWalked into the endzone. Get 6 however you can. They're certainly at a Premium this year.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Jetworks, I don't give a damn if he friggin' MoonWalked into the endzone. Get 6 however you can. They're certainly at a Premium this year.
    I can appreciate that, but if a receiver rounds off his routes, it's problematic. For reference see Clyde Gates the Miami(?) game.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I can appreciate that, but if a receiver rounds off his routes, it's problematic. For reference see Clyde Gates the Miami(?) game.
    Actually, my issue with Gates is more that he actually STOPPED/GAVE UP. That did NOT sit well with me.

  12. #12
    Jets WR's are PEDESTRIAN at best. And that's fine if you have a legit QB. Right now Jeremy Kerley is the only WR I think is any good.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Schilens has been pretty good this year, actually. He catches everything that's thrown at him (even when its not on target), and he's open quite a bit even when Sanchez doesn't find him.

    He might be what saves our passing game this year - assuming he stays healthy.

    As an aside, I was sitting next to a guy at the game yesterday who was in LOVE with Schilens. He mentioned something about being a Raiders fan (not sure if he was primarily a Jets fan, but I didn't press the issue) and was absolutely in love with the guy. While I kept asking him if he was Schilens' Mom, I didn't ask him if he goes by 9175. What a missed opportunity.
    Aside from the horrible drop of the short kick off. He also ran a disgustingly bad pattern in the endzone a few games back.

    You know we are reaching when we extol the virtues of jags like Schilens and Hill. to be fair Schilens has not been totally awful but he is certainly more like a number 4 guy on most teams.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    He sucks

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Aside from the horrible drop of the short kick off. He also ran a disgustingly bad pattern in the endzone a few games back.

    You know we are reaching when we extol the virtues of jags like Schilens and Hill. to be fair Schilens has not been totally awful but he is certainly more like a number 4 guy on most teams.
    #4 guy is right.

    Which, if you consider the other players masquerading as WR's on the Jets, would make him better than everyone except for Kerley and Keller.

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Aside from the horrible drop of the short kick off. He also ran a disgustingly bad pattern in the endzone a few games back.

    You know we are reaching when we extol the virtues of jags like Schilens and Hill. to be fair Schilens has not been totally awful but he is certainly more like a number 4 guy on most teams.
    We throw #s on WRs and they are not always consistent from one to another. Patrick Turner is a #4 WR - he's simply not all that talented - that's where he maxes out. I'll be generous and give him a ceiling of 3.5.

    Schilens may be properly considered a #4 on most teams (assuming, arguendo, that you are correct), but that's not on account of his raw talent - more on account of his inexperience and inability to stay on the field. From the limited playing time he's gotten so far, he can definitely contribute a helluva lot more than the Patrick Turners of the NFL.

    Now, I'm not gettin' all 9175 on you - there's a reason he was able to be had for $800k (mas o' menos) this offseason....but the guy has potential to be a real contributor and to be a threat on the field. If he can stay healthy and continue to work with Sanchez, Hill/Kerley/Schilens isn't the worst WR corp in the league. Its far from the best, but those guys have the ability to get open. And stretch the field.

    The whiff on the onside kick was brutal, I'll certainly give you that much.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Did he use the word EXPLOSIVE when describing him? That would have been your giveaway.

    Agree with your take on Schilens - he's been a nice surprise. Hoping he's a guy that can do some damage after the catch if he ever gets the ball in stride.
    LOL Hahahaha

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us