Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 101

Thread: Putting a statistical stake in Mark Sanchez's Jets career.

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You don't think Sanchez belongs in Canton? Did you not read the article in the first post where based on the statistical analysis they used, Sanchez is the 31st ranked quarterback in the league this year?
    Doesn't matter, he went along for the ride to 2 AFCCG's his first two years.

    Loved his productive stat line where he "defeated" Rivers when Kaeding missed 3 easy FG's.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    but but but, he has a good playoff record! and a nice smile! it can't be his fault, its the offenses!

  3. #23

    sanchez

    after watching aaron rodgers do his thing last night.watching his quick release before the pass rushers were on him.shows me the difference between sanchez and rodgers.the jets must realize their mistake in drafting sanchez.which to me was strictly a business decision by woody.in order to sell tickets and bring the latino fans into the jets fold.thats why I admire the patriots owner robert kraft.he leaves football decisions up to the front office.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Sanchez is a goner. There is no way he is finishing this season as our starting QB as we face Seahawks, Dolphins, Patriots and Cardinals who all stop the run. The bye week is looking real good for a QB change.
    You might think Sanchez is a goner. But what does Rexi-Pooh think?

    I doubt he'd bench Mark unless it was an order from Moneybags Johnson....

  5. #25
    Mark Sanchez can't lead a team to the playoffs. He has to be brought along by the team. That sums him up. He is not a franchise QB. So what, he played well in some playoff games. Win a friggin ring and then talk to me.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Doesn't matter, he went along for the ride to 2 AFCCG's his first two years.

    Loved his productive stat line where he "defeated" Rivers when Kaeding missed 3 easy FG's.
    I think you're missing the point. Last year Sanchez was the 37th ranked quarterback based on those metrics,and this year so far he's up to 31. It doesn't take a genius to see the statistical upward trend that is happening here. From the looks of things, it might be only a few more years until Sanchez's statistics rank in the top 20 according to this method of analysis, and after that, who knows, maybe next stop is Canton?

  7. #27
    I can't help but think that if Mark ended up on another team(not named the Browns. lol), he'd probably excel.


    Anyone here believe that or no?

  8. #28
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post

    Jets save 4million in Cutting Sanchez this off-season barring a trade to another team for a 6th or 7th rounder. Obviously there will be dead money. Jetscap.com is the source. Spread that to a June 1st cut and we save even more.


    However the real reason we can do this is the New rookie salary cap. Check out how cheap these contracts are: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...rstround-picks

    We wont be picking top 5. Picks after that make 2-3 million a year or less. It has NEVER been more appealing to draft a rookie QB. Combine that with Tebows super cheap salary as a backup and we will be fine.

    We have been pretty good with a terrible QB ranked 28th-37th these last 3+ years. Im pretty sure we can find the next tannehill, Russell Wilson or Andy Dalton to duplicate Sanchez sub par performance while saving a TON of money. All of those guys are making 2-3 million a year tops. Dalton and Wilson are playing for 1.5 million a year or less.


    Sanchez is a goner. There is no way he is finishing this season as our starting QB as we face Seahawks, Dolphins, Patriots and Cardinals who all stop the run. The bye week is looking real good for a QB change.

    lol... a quarterback change in the bye week?!

    let's say we are 4-4 going in to the bye... let's say New England is 5-3 at that point - leaving us 1 game out of first place... at that point, you want to take our quarterback that has led us to TWO AFC CHAMPIONSHIP games... played to a 100+ quarterback rating in the playoffs... and replace him with TIM TEBOW?!

    Just to clarify again... You are arguing stats... telling us Mark Sanchez is a terrible quarterback.. but you want to replace him with TIM TEBOW!?!? We have no backup quarterback... we have a third string quarterback... our backup is nothing more than an athlete that can't throw the ball - but tries to...

    There is going to be NO quarterback change - and if there is, we would then see what actually having a terrible quarterback is like... some of you guys are just out of your minds...

  9. #29
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Posts
    176
    and for the record... I'm not saying that Mark Sanchez is a great quarterback... i am just saying that he is by far the best quarterback on our roster and our third string quarterback is our second best quarterback... Our backup quarterback is NOT a quarterback..

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post

    Jets save 4million in Cutting Sanchez this off-season barring a trade to another team for a 6th or 7th rounder. Obviously there will be dead money. Jetscap.com is the source. Spread that to a June 1st cut and we save even more.


    However the real reason we can do this is the New rookie salary cap. Check out how cheap these contracts are: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...rstround-picks

    We wont be picking top 5. Picks after that make 2-3 million a year or less. It has NEVER been more appealing to draft a rookie QB. Combine that with Tebows super cheap salary as a backup and we will be fine.

    We have been pretty good with a terrible QB ranked 28th-37th these last 3+ years. Im pretty sure we can find the next tannehill, Russell Wilson or Andy Dalton to duplicate Sanchez sub par performance while saving a TON of money. All of those guys are making 2-3 million a year tops. Dalton and Wilson are playing for 1.5 million a year or less.


    Sanchez is a goner. There is no way he is finishing this season as our starting QB as we face Seahawks, Dolphins, Patriots and Cardinals who all stop the run. The bye week is looking real good for a QB change.
    You OBVIOUSLY misread Jason's website. Cutting Sanchez this offseason leaves $17 million in dead money. The cap hit doesn't save the Jets $4 million, its COSTS them $4 million more than they'd have to pay him. You misread the cap savings column. Anything in parenthesis is extra cap hit, not savings.

    Thus, your cited source proves you wrong. I relied on the same source BTW.

    http://nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    and for the record... I'm not saying that Mark Sanchez is a great quarterback... i am just saying that he is by far the best quarterback on our roster and our third string quarterback is our second best quarterback... Our backup quarterback is NOT a quarterback..
    Our backup qb brought his team to the playoffs and beat a very good steelers team while our team watched on TV, but there's no way this thread is becoming tebow vs Sanchez.

    This thread is about Sanchez being ranked 28-35 in the league as a qb. There are backups better then him, hence we are not losing much benching him....which will be soon.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Doesn't matter, he went along for the ride to 2 AFCCG's his first two years.

    Loved his productive stat line where he "defeated" Rivers when Kaeding missed 3 easy FG's.
    You're such an ass. You keep making sh1t up as you go along.

    Tomorrow it will be 7 missed FGs.

    It has to be a mental issue that makes you come to a Jet site and troll all day and night.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You OBVIOUSLY misread Jason's website. Cutting Sanchez this offseason leaves $17 million in dead money. The cap hit doesn't save the Jets $4 million, its COSTS them $4 million more than they'd have to pay him. You misread the cap savings column. Anything in parenthesis is extra cap hit, not savings.

    Thus, your cited source proves you wrong. I relied on the same source BTW.

    http://nyjetscap.com/salary13.html
    So it will be put in as a June 1st cut and then well save 4m. This will not be somthing as hard as people make it out to be. Cutting pace and Bart Scott save us A TON of money and we will be fine

    We are not paying a backup qb(sanchez) 13m next year. Bank on it. He will be gone
    Last edited by KR; 10-15-2012 at 06:29 PM.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,896
    Sooooo, when the Jets were good, Sanchez was horrible.


    When the Jets were bad, Sanchez was still horrible, but now it's his fault?


    Kthx.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You're such an ass. You keep making sh1t up as you go along.

    Tomorrow it will be 7 missed FGs.

    It has to be a mental issue that makes you come to a Jet site and troll all day and night.
    You all don't get it PatFan knows a lot about football. He also knows that Sanchez is Ok but that the Jets screwed him some and that Sanchez is not as accurate as he should be. Those are the facts....

    So what does he do he hopes to incite madness among Jets fans so that they actually do the oppoisite of what we should be doing.

    All in the furtherence of Patsie victories and insanity out here...


    It is all so silly Brady couldn't win with a high powered offense the last two Patsie attempts with excellent offensive talent around him but the Jets are supposed to win it all with Buggle gum WRs who don't run the proper routes and a leading receiver in a TE who even wouldn't start on the Pats !!!!

    Good Grief!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-15-2012 at 06:42 PM.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,767
    28th? 37th?

    Aren't we just arguing the difference between dogsh1t and infected dogsh1t at this point?

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,313
    Sanchez's salary is guaranteed next season, doubt the Jets are going to cut him as they'd still have to pay him anyways. If he doesn't show dramatic improvement over the remainder of this season the Jets will draft a QB in April (early to middle rounds, but probably not in the 1st) and there will be a competition next August.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    So it will be put in as a June 1st cut and then well save 4m. This will not be somthing as hard as people make it out to be. Cutting pace and Bart Scott save us A TON of money and we will be fine

    We are not paying a backup qb(sanchez) 13m next year. Bank on it. He will be gone
    No, KR, youre simply dead wrong. There is no way the Jets are absorbing a $17 million cap hit and having to pay $4 million more to get rid of Sanchez than they would have to pay him. There is absolutely no cap savings in cutting Sanchez. That was the whole point of the Sanchez extension from his point of view.

    Jets will have to pay Sanchez $13 million next year regardless of whether he is on the team.

    Im not arguing the other points of your OP. Just admit that your opinion on cutting Sanchez was based on incorrect info and move on.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Sooooo, when the Jets were good, Sanchez was horrible.


    When the Jets were bad, Sanchez was still horrible, but now it's his fault?


    Kthx.
    Pretty simple concept. You can only hide a bad qb when your ground game/defense is great.(ex yesterday).

    Im sure you noticed his 70 turnovers now in 53 career games if you don't understand the numbers in the original post which is just terrible

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Sanchez's salary is guaranteed next season, doubt the Jets are going to cut him as they'd still have to pay him anyways. If he doesn't show dramatic improvement over the remainder of this season the Jets will draft a QB in April (early to middle rounds, but probably not in the 1st) and there will be a competition next August.
    Buzz, what will constitute "dramatic improvement", though?

    And a better question would be :


    What does Rex, Tanny, and Woody consider a "dramatic improvement"?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us