Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Putting a statistical stake in Mark Sanchez's Jets career.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    Your team is preparing to play a their #1 rival for first place in week 7 - and you are resigned to the idea that our qb will be benched and our head coach fired at the end of the season... And, oh yea by the way - this head coach/qb combo is has had more success than any other combo in franchise history over any 3-4 year period...

You are the president of the SOJF Club
    Reading comprehension is not your thing, I get it. So please show me where I said I think Rex will be fired. Sure if we dont make the playoffs its a possibility(duh) but I love the guy.

Here is my post from last week on Rex. I think he has this team playing harder then ever.
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=249209

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    At 4-7, the gimmicky thing to do is start Tebow. The football thing to do is start McElroy to see what he has.
    Btw, Ill bet anyone here Tebow starts a game this season as our starting QB.

You guys can post a million times hating him etc, but Woody traded for him, he is cheap for 3 years and marketable. He is going to start sooner or later.

My viewpoint is that He OR McElroy would be better then Sanchez and if we go 4-7 both guys need to be evaluated so we know what to do in the offseason about the QB position. Honestly I could care less as long as Sanchez is gone and we move on from this terrible QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Just promise us that you won't disappear from the board ...
    Never heard this before.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    If your going to be a Sanchez Apologist, just come out and say it.

Firstly I was not asked about the context, nor was I asked about the following weeks games so I have no idea what your talking about sanchez fanboy.

Secondly Last year the Steelers were the number 1 defense in the league in scoring and yards. And the Steeler offense scored 23 points which was actually better then their average throughout the 2011 NFL season(20ppg).

Try to make any excuse you want, but the fact is Tebow had over 300 yards and 3 TD's with no turnovers against the number 1 defense in football last year in that game. I did not post any inaccurate stats, or statements in my post.
    It has nothing do with being a supposed Sanchez Apologist as you utterly ignore the glaring the distinction of the Steelers playing at home and playing on the road and what a different team they are away from Pittsburgh.

Tebow had one of the oddest statlines possible. He had 316 yards on 10 completions, 3 of which were for over 40 yds and a 4th which was for 80 yds, all against cover zero D.

But, of course, you should just come out and say your a Tebowite because it's blatantly obvious. That's why you tried to pull that nonsense a few weeks back and compared Tebow to Steve Young.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btw, Ill bet anyone here Tebow starts a game this season as our starting QB.

You guys can post a million times hating him etc, but Woody traded for him, he is cheap for 3 years and marketable. He is going to start sooner or later.

My viewpoint is that He OR McElroy would be better then Sanchez and if we go 4-7 both guys need to be evaluated so we know what to do in the offseason about the QB position. Honestly I could care less as long as Sanchez is gone and we move on from this terrible QB.
    Woody forced the trade as a gimmick to sell season tickets (which the Jets are still advertising right now, BTW).

Evaluate Tebow all you want who, BTW, is only 8 months younger than Sanchez. He is far from a QB prospect.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know it is easy and fashionable to bash Sanchez, but let's consider some facts...

- In the 6 games this year, he has had his top 3 receivers once (game 1).
    - His #1 receiver the last two years really played his first healthy game last week
    - For the first time in his career, he is learning a new offense
    - With all of that, imagine Cumberland holds onto a very catchable ball against Houston. The Jets could be 4-2, with Sanchez sitting at 8 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.
    - In fact, how many of his interceptions this year were bad decisions? Both against Houston were tipped, Gates ran a bad route and got him picked...I'm thinking about his other interceptions but I don't think more than 2 were "bad decisions".

Be careful what you wish for....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez is a winning QB in this league and a winning QB in the playoffs - beating Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer and Phillip Rivers in the process...

I don't argue stats... I argue wins and losses.. people who argue stats would like to have you believe that a guy like Rafael Palmeiro is a hall of fame baseball player...

But for you stats guys out there - let's compare and you tell me who you would take...

Quarterback A:
    62 Wins 63 Losses 4 ties
    50.1% completion percentage
    173 td's 220 int's

Quarterback B:
    34 Wins 25 Losses
    54.7% completion percentage
    63 td's 57 int's

Quarterback C:
    44 wins 37 losses
    66% completion percentage
    102 td's 64 int's

QB-A: Joe Namath
    QB-B: Mark Sanchez
    QB-C: Chad Pennington

Clearly from the stats, Mark Sanchez is a MUCH better quarterback.. And Chad Pennington is a borderline hall of famer in comparison to BOTH... The only thing that makes it possible for people to say that Joe Namath was a better QB then Mark Sanchez or Chad Pennington is the fact that he is the only QB to win the Jets a Super Bowl.

The point is - who cares about stats... Lets just hope Mark Sanchez continues to win because THAT IS THE POINT OF THE GAME!
    As soon as you started down e Sanchez beat the opposing QB road ... I knew this post was a giant turd. Sanchez did nothing of the kind. The Jets team did. Get a clue before you post.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    16-25 - 193 yards - 3 touchdowns 0 ints - 127.3 QBR

Mark Sanchez's stat line on the road against New England in the playoffs

Yea... He didnt beat the Pats... Im sure that we would have won the game by 30 if Tebow was starting

You - and all people like you - are fools

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    It has nothing do with being a supposed Sanchez Apologist as you utterly ignore the glaring the distinction of the Steelers playing at home and playing on the road and what a different team they are away from Pittsburgh.

Tebow had one of the oddest statlines possible. He had 316 yards on 10 completions, 3 of which were for over 40 yds and a 4th which was for 80 yds, all against cover zero D.

But, of course, you should just come out and say your a Tebowite because it's blatantly obvious. That's why you tried to pull that nonsense a few weeks back and compared Tebow to Steve Young.
    Last post of the night for me. I think I have said it many times already Sanchez fanboy, but here it is one more time as simple as possible:

Mark Sanchez sucks. I Think Tim Tebow is better then him. Tim Tebow was traded for will be starting for the Jets at some point this season. He would ABSOLUTELY be an upgrade over Mark Sanchez as Sanchez is statistically one of the worst/inaccurate starting QB's in the league. I also think McElroy needs to get a shot so we can figure out our starter for next season.

Clear Enough for you Sanchez Fanboy? Btw here is your Steve Young vs Tim Tebow Topic: Its a better read then half of the garbage post out there right now with actual stats, football history and a unique POV. It was posted 7 months ago and you actually remembered it so Ill take that as a compliment.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=242959

Lastly While Sanchez runs around town banging hot women(Can't blame him there) Tebow continues to work on his throwing. Granted its from last year, but he has also been working with Tom house this offseason.

Last edited by KR; 10-15-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your chowds are in very deep this week. In case you live under a rock and didn't notice, Sanchez completed over 50% of his passes yesterday, and could be poised for even more against Brady, Belichick, and all of the chowds in New England. Just promise us that you won't disappear from the board for a few months after Sanchez lights the Patriots up by completing over 50% of his passes next week, ok?
    Don't you find it strange that you need to get excited about your QB POSSIBLY completing 50% of his passes?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last post of the night for me. I think I have said it many times already Sanchez fanboy, but here it is one more time as simple as possible:

Mark Sanchez sucks. I Think Tim Tebow is better then him. Tim Tebow was traded for will be starting for the Jets at some point this season. He would ABSOLUTELY be an upgrade over Mark Sanchez as Sanchez is statistically one of the worst/inaccurate starting QB's in the league. I also think McElroy needs to get a shot so we can figure out our starter for next season.

Clear Enough for you Sanchez Fanboy? Btw here is your Steve Young vs Tim Tebow Topic: Its a better read then half of the garbage post out there right now with actual stats, football history and a unique POV. It was posted 7 months ago and you actually remembered it so Ill take that as a compliment.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=242959
    I remember your thread because it was utterly ridiculous. Hard to forget when a once insightful poster starts a thoroughly head scratching thread with no basis in facts or reality.

As to Sanchez, call me a fanbow all you want. Its better than being a Tebowite which has nothing to do with football. I think Sanchez has sucked this year. He's had 2 good games and 4 awful ones. If that statement makes me a fanboy, so be it.

You think Tebow is better. Yeah, the same Tebow who looked in the preseason far worse than Sanchez has in his godawful 4 game suckfest this year.

Further, if Sanchez had continued on his pace of 4 game suckitude I had said he deserved to get benched and it was 100% his fault because he leads the NFL in off-target incompletions. Ive said that on numerous occassions these last few weeks. Yeah, thats another fanboy statement by me, but I couldnt help myself.

So next time, if you wish to attack me, you better come harder than that because your attempts in this thread have been softer than your namesake Kerry Rhodes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Never heard this before.
    After what the Jets are going to do to the Patriots on Sunday, it doesn't seem like you chowds are going to be here to face the music, so somebody has to say it!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously... Admitting Sanchez > Tebow doesnt make anybody a fanboy.. I definitely dont think Sanchez is a great qb - my only point is that i have seen Sanchez play great in big games which is far more then i have ever seen from Tebow and his absurd style that has no chance of winning anythinh

Replacing Sanchez should only take place if/when we are mathmatically eliminated from playoff contention... And in that case, let McElroy start and see what you have... The only reason Tebow would be our starting qb is for media attention - which our idiot owner seems to get off on... Im not saying it wont happen, im just saying it shouldnt

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    16-25 - 193 yards - 3 touchdowns 0 ints - 127.3 QBR

Mark Sanchez's stat line on the road against New England in the playoffs

You are citing one game two years ago to claim Sanchez is a good NFL QB?

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocityvirus View Post
    Don't you find it strange that you need to get excited about your QB POSSIBLY completing 50% of his passes?
    It's not strange, it's pathetic. There are about 5 teams in the NFL that Sanchez could play for and luckily for him He got drafted by one of them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    It's not strange, it's pathetic. There are about 5 teams in the NFL that Sanchez could play for and luckily for him He got drafted by one of them.
    Who are the other 4 teams, because every team in the NFL has a starting QB with a higher completion percentage than Sanchez?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Who are the other 4 teams, because every team in the NFL has a starting QB with a higher completion percentage than Sanchez?
    Arizona, KC, SF, JAX,and Buffalo. That's about it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    After what the Jets are going to do to the Patriots on Sunday, it doesn't seem like you chowds are going to be here to face the music, so somebody has to say it!
    TX is like the roach that survives the nuclear winter.

Truth be told we always come back to tip our cap if the Jets win.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Arizona, KC, SF, JAX,and Buffalo. That's about it.
    San Francisco? Are you kidding me???????

Smith: 113/167, 67.7%, 1,287 yards, 8 TD, 4 INT, 96.6 rating
    Sanchez: 88/177, 49.7%, 1,125 yards, 8 TD, 6 INT, 70.9 rating

There is absolutely no way in hell Sanchez would start instead of Alex Smith.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    San Francisco? Are you kidding me???????

Smith: 113/167, 67.7%, 1,287 yards, 8 TD, 4 INT, 96.6 rating
    Sanchez: 88/177, 49.7%, 1,125 yards, 8 TD, 6 INT, 70.9 rating

There is absolutely no way in hell Sanchez would start instead of Alex Smith.
    Tx....they are basically the same guy, game managers who are great when their defenses and running game are controlling the game, but totally incapable of winning games themselves when needed. Look at the stats you posted....for 26+ pts in completion %, Smith has 1 more win, 160 more yards passing and same # of TD's. Throw in the fact that Sanchez is 3-4 years younger and hasn't had the luxury of a mentor like Harbough in his career, but has had to deal with Schotty and Cavanaugh, and I think the Niners would think long and hard about it.