Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Putting a statistical stake in Mark Sanchez's Jets career.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Tx....they are basically the same guy, game managers who are great when their defenses and running game are controlling the game, but totally incapable of winning games themselves when needed. Look at the stats you posted....for 26+ pts in completion %, Smith has 1 more win, 160 more yards passing and same # of TD's. Throw in the fact that Sanchez is 3-4 years younger and hasn't had the luxury of a mentor like Harbough in his career, but has had to deal with Schotty and Cavanaugh, and I think the Niners would think long and hard about it.
    With all due respect 314, no one outside of a Jets fan would take Sanchez over Smith.

The 49ers would think about it "long and hard" for about 2 seconds and then laugh their ass off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I remember your thread because it was utterly ridiculous. Hard to forget when a once insightful poster starts a thoroughly head scratching thread with no basis in facts or .
    Righttttttttttttt. Well i never really had a stalker before that saved all my old topics from previous years. It's a little weird, and uncomfortable. Do you like save, print them and read them daily?

The Steve young post, as well as this one was filled with stats, facts, links, football history and video with a goal of giving the board thought provoking reading material wether one agrees/disagrees. I'm guessing if you agree with me I'm "insightful", and if you disagree it's "head scratching". Anyway stalker you have added nothing but petty hate to this thread, I'm blocking your post. Please come back with stats, facts, or relevant information or go back to saving/reading my old threads for fun every night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Righttttttttttttt. Well i never really had a stalker before that saved all my old topics from previous years. It's a little weird, and uncomfortable. Do you like save, print them and read them daily?

The Steve young post, as well as this one was filled with stats, facts, links, football history and video with a goal of giving the board thought provoking reading material wether one agrees/disagrees. I'm guessing if you agree with me I'm "insightful", and if you disagree it's "head scratching". Anyway stalker you have added nothing but petty hate to this thread, I'm blocking your post. Please come back with stats, facts, or relevant information or go back to saving/reading my old threads for fun every night.
    We havent seen an intellectual meltdown like this since Ham. He had Sarah Payton and you have Tebow. There's some silimarities there.

Your Tebow love defies facts and reason.

And I have a pretty good memory so I don't need to stalk. But if that makes you feel better about yourself, go right ahead. Going from Kerry Rhodes to Tebow must be very depressing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanri View Post
    I know it is easy and fashionable to bash Sanchez, but let's consider some facts...

- In the 6 games this year, he has had his top 3 receivers once (game 1).
    - His #1 receiver the last two years really played his first healthy game last week
    - For the first time in his career, he is learning a new offense
    - With all of that, imagine Cumberland holds onto a very catchable ball against Houston. The Jets could be 4-2, with Sanchez sitting at 8 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.
    - In fact, how many of his interceptions this year were bad decisions? Both against Houston were tipped, Gates ran a bad route and got him picked...I'm thinking about his other interceptions but I don't think more than 2 were "bad decisions".

Be careful what you wish for....
    We have been making excuses like this for Sanchez going on 3.5 years now.

He has 70 turnovers now in his career and is the active leader in turnovers/games played as a qb since his drafting. Every single one apparently is not his fault.

Btw both tipped interceptions were his fault. You notice the texans dropping their best pass rusher/MVP in those zones? You think the texans did this by accident? No, they were designed play calls based on Sanchez loving inside slants near the goal line, and his tendency to stare down his receivers at ALL TIMES.

Sanchez can not go one play without staring at his receivers in year 4. It's a joke. Even the last play of the game he stared down his guy, and never took notice to where watts was.

Mark Sanchez is simply as good as his pre snap read. He reads the defense, 99 percent of the time he per determines his receiver, stares at him then throws an accurate pass 50 percent of the time.

In year 4 he still;
    -doesn't go through his progressions
    -getting less accurate
    -locks onto one receiver
    -predetermined his target presnap.
    -poor accuracy on deep throws.
    -does not throw receivers open.
    -prone to interceptions/fumbles.
    -poor in the two minute drill.
    -poor at reading defenses.

Yes he has playoff wins, and probably some of the best mechanics/footwork in the nfl but his in game awareness and consistency just never developed.

These next few games his career is on the line. The dolphins, cardinals, patriots, and patriots will all stop our run game. If we lose 3 or 4 out of 5 he will get benched.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have been making excuses like this for Sanchez going on 3.5 years now.

He has 70 turnovers now in his career and is the active leader in turnovers/games played as a qb since his drafting. Every single one apparently is not his fault.

Btw both tipped interceptions were his fault. You notice the texans dropping their best pass rusher/MVP in those zones? You think the texans did this by accident? No, they were designed play calls based on Sanchez loving inside slants near the goal line, and his tendency to stare down his receivers at ALL TIMES.

Sanchez can not go one play without staring at his receivers in year 4. It's a joke. Even the last play of the game he stared down his guy, and never took notice to where watts was.

Mark Sanchez is simply as good as his pre snap read. He reads the defense, 99 percent of the time he per determines his receiver, stares at him then throws an accurate pass 50 percent of the time.

In year 4 he still;
    -doesn't go through his progressions
    -getting less accurate
    -locks onto one receiver
    -predetermined his target presnap.
    -poor accuracy on deep throws.
    -does not throw receivers open.
    -prone to interceptions/fumbles.
    -poor in the two minute drill.
    -poor at reading defenses.

Yes he has playoff wins, and probably some of the best mechanics/footwork in the nfl but his in game awareness and consistency just never developed.

These next few games his career is on the line. The dolphins, cardinals, patriots, and patriots will all stop our run game. If we lose 3 or 4 out of 5 he will get benched.
    4th year 26 year old in a new offense(finally) with brand new receivers, and now the wins and losses are on him? What happened to wins not being a QB stat?
    He needs to keep showing progress with his receivers, and keep projecting confidence on the team. Poor in the two minute drill. Do you even watch the games? How many fumbles does he have this year? How many bad decisions has he made?
    He needs to be more accurate, and that seems to come with him being more confident. He has the rest of the year to gain that. No way he's getting benched this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So it will be put in as a June 1st cut and then well save 4m. This will not be somthing as hard as people make it out to be. Cutting pace and Bart Scott save us A TON of money and we will be fine

We are not paying a backup qb(sanchez) 13m next year. Bank on it. He will be gone
    Exactly, the Jets won't pay a backup QB 13M next year. Sanchez will still be our starter. Whether you guys like it or not (me included) Rex, Tanny and Sanchez will be given until 2014 to turn it around. Rex and Tanny are under contract until 2014, The first year Sanchez can be cut without much penalty is 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what should I take from this? There are 32 teams in the league and Sanchez ranks in the top 32. Should I replace him with a back up? Every team carries 3 QB's that means I could be replacing him with a QB who might be the 96th best QB in the league. Doesn't seem like a good plan to me.

Does this make me a Sanchez appologist? Does 3 years and 6 games for a Junior leaving college mean he's hit his ceiling? Would our O be great with the 27th or 64th best NFL QB?

My gut tells me if we actually had a top 5 NFL QB on the roster, Rex would probably start him.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanri View Post
    I know it is easy and fashionable to bash Sanchez, but let's consider some facts...

- In the 6 games this year, he has had his top 3 receivers once (game 1).
    - His #1 receiver the last two years really played his first healthy game last week
    - For the first time in his career, he is learning a new offense
    - With all of that, imagine Cumberland holds onto a very catchable ball against Houston. The Jets could be 4-2, with Sanchez sitting at 8 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.
    - In fact, how many of his interceptions this year were bad decisions? Both against Houston were tipped, Gates ran a bad route and got him picked...I'm thinking about his other interceptions but I don't think more than 2 were "bad decisions".

Be careful what you wish for....
    Could just as easy lost to Miami and be 2-4. This is the NFL no would haves or could haves
    Last edited by auctionking; 10-16-2012 at 09:00 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another loss on Mark Sanchez fellas.

This patriots pass defense is terrible, as we have seen guys like Russell Wilson throw for 300 yards, and 3tds against them. It was another week of a few sweet throws giving jet fans hope, then followed by a ton of throws off the mark, behind, over, and low to receivers. Wide open receivers never even being looked at due to marks poor vision/awareness. Never leading guys, getting his rb killed, and throwing 3 yards on 3 and long. In accurate as always, and just like usual a HUGE turnover which just so happened to end the game.

There is hope though. Our team played their asses off for Rex. Defense played well, our special teams were good minus one play, and oline played well for the most part.

This is a team that will be much better when Sanchez is removed as starter in a few weeks but until then look for Sanchez apologist to make every excuse in the world blaming everyone but him....
    Last edited by KR; 10-21-2012 at 08:13 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

This patriots pass defense is terrible, as we have seen guys like Russell Wilson throw for 300 yards, and 3tds against them. It was another week of a few sweet throws giving jet fans hope, then followed by a ton of throws off the mark, behind, over, and low to receivers. Wide open receivers never even being looked at due to marks poor vision/awareness. Never leading guys, getting his rb killed, and throwing 3 yards on 3 and long. In accurate as always, and just like usual a HUGE turnover which just so happened to end the game.

There is hope though. Our team played their asses off for Rex. Defense played well, our special teams were good minus one play, and oline played well for the most part.

This is a team that will be much better when Sanchez is removed as starter in a few weeks.
    No weapons, no playmakers, no running game.

Played well for a guy crippled by his GM.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's completely crap.

Flacco has led the Ravens to the playoffs every year since he has been in the NFL.

Brady won a division title, a conference championship and the Super Bowl his 1st year (2nd in league) as a starter.
    Flacco and Sanchez are polar opposites.

Sanchez is lights out in the postseason but is awful in the regular season.

Flacco is great in the regular season but atrocious in the postseason. Spin the Lee Evans drop however you want, but even in the 1 good game he played in the playoffs he had I can remember off the top of my head three critical mistakes in the 4th quarter of the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a team that will be much better when Sanchez is removed as starter in a few weeks but until then look for Sanchez apologist to make every excuse in the world blaming everyone but him....
    Wrong.

Agenda noted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is ALWAYS a way to move a player, or contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wder-contract/

We have two options.

1) In 2013 Sanchez is guaranteed base salary of 8.25. If traded that 8.25 would go on to the next team while we would absorb the rest of the dead money(8.9m). Im pretty sure we can get a 7th rounder for him. That would cut our 2013 dead money from 17m to 8.9 or so.

OR

2) We cut him as a June first cut making it 8.6m in 2013/2014. That reduces the dead money in 2013 by half from 17.1 to 8.6.

Obviously the trade makes a TON more sense, but either way he will be off the team next year.

Looking at our cap we are absolutely fine for next year
    . Looking at Jasons cap page http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary13.html we are at 141. Take away that phony Jason Smith contract, Bart Scott, and Calvin Paces contracts and we are at 114 million. The Jets have 5m extra of salary cap space right now that could be rolled into next year so we absolutely have the room to cut sanchez, or even Holmes if neccessary.

I dont want this to turn into a Tebow thread but he obviously must be in this convo as he will likely get some starts later this year. Woody is the owner, and this is a cash business--when Sanchez continues to struggle you ALL are lying to yourself if you think he wont get a shot.

Also factor in the possibility of Rex and the staff being Fired. If they get canned a new staff may want the bad contracts gone like David Harris, Sanchez and Holmes.

Bottom Line is with the salary cap and our relatively decent cap space in 2013, and GREAT in 2014 anything can happen. Sure the Jets may have to be a little creative but if Mark Sanchez is viewed to be hurting the team he will be benched sooner or later. If that happens there is no way hes still on the team next year wether via trade or June 1st cut.
    Bump for those wondering about Sanchez contract status, and our options. The only other option besides these is asking him to take a big pay reduction for a opportunity to fight for the starting job next year although its hard to see that happening. Once Mark gets benched, it looks like he is done in NY.
    Last edited by KR; 10-29-2012 at 11:44 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some on this board like to compare Alex Smith to Sanchez. Stop. Just stop. Guy went 18-19 tonight with 3 TDs. Let me know when Sanchez could ever have a game like that with such accurate passing

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Some on this board like to compare Alex Smith to Sanchez. Stop. Just stop. Guy went 18-19 tonight with 3 TDs. Let me know when Sanchez could ever have a game like that with such accurate passing
    More prisoner of the moment syndrome. How many years has Smith been in the league? Also, look at the talent on the 49ers compared to the Jets? Smith has a running game, and arguably one of the top 2 TEs in the game. Who on the Jets offense is scaring the opposing defensive coordinator? Jets offense needs playmakers. As much as I like Rex, his singular focus on the defense has to change.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    More prisoner of the moment syndrome. How many years has Smith been in the league? Also, look at the talent on the 49ers compared to the Jets? Smith has a running game, and arguably one of the top 2 TEs in the game. Who on the Jets offense is scaring the opposing defensive coordinator? Jets offense needs playmakers. As much as I like Rex, his singular focus on the defense has to change.
    Your hourly dose of garbage excuses.

Vernon Davis was there when Alex smith sucked. Frank Gore was there when Alex smith sucked.

You know what happened? Alex smith actually got better every year from his 4th year in the league. His interceptions dropped every year, his accuracy better and better, and ypa.

The only thing that's increased in marks 4th year is the amount of excuses people make for him. His accuracy , awareness, and decision making have regressed to the worst I have seen in his career.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your hourly dose of garbage excuses.

Vernon Davis was there when Alex smith sucked. Frank Gore was there when Alex smith sucked.

You know what happened? Alex smith actually got better every year from his 4th year in the league. His interceptions dropped every year, his accuracy better and better, and ypa.

The only thing that's increased in marks 4th year is the amount of excuses people make for him. His accuracy , awareness, and decision making have regressed to the worst I have seen in his career.
    You are delusional. Not to mention your agenda is obvious. Alex Smith has improved so much his own coach wanted P. Manning so badly this past off season coming off of Smith's best year.

We will agree to disagree. I want Sanchez to suceed as Jets QB. The Jets have to provide him the weapons. As great as Brady is, NE gives him weapons constantly. As great as Brees is, NO gives him weapons. Not saying Sanchez is Brady/Brees but the chef needs the necessary ingredients to cook the food. Sanchez needs help.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for those wondering about Sanchez contract status, and our options. The only other option besides these is asking him to take a big pay reduction for a opportunity to fight for the starting job next year although its hard to see that happening. Once Mark gets benched, it looks like he is done in NY.
    Key being once Mark gets benched. I don't believe Rex will ever bench Mark Sanchez no matter how awful he plays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    -please see prior post of how and why mark Sanchez won't be on the team next year despite his contract.

Get ready to bring the hate because it's going to be tebow time very soon. Once Tim starts winning us games those that hate on him can stay the hell off the bandwagon. Sure I'm ok giving McElroy a shot. But we all know tebow is getting the first shot.

The only question is if tebow can save Rex's job.
    Last edited by KR; 11-11-2012 at 09:09 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Key being once Mark gets benched. I don't believe Rex will ever bench Mark Sanchez no matter how awful he plays.
    Magnus and other were right here.

Bumping here for 2 reasons.

1- Mark Sanchez has been among the worst qbs in football since he was drafted. You may have heard him compared to Rick mirer and Joey Harrington type bust in the last few days. Well you'll find a ton of links, stats to further elaborate on that.

2-I never ever thought Rex would be this incompetent. I was dead wrong, and the sanchez lovers win. I praised him for so long, but never thought he would have clouded judgement in this regard. Sanchez is like a son to him, and this is personal. Same with his trusted veterans every year that are over the hill and overpaid. Rex doesn't let the best player play, which is the worst sin a coach can make. In the end it will cost him his job, hopefully as soon as possible.

As far as the stake in mark sanchez....this has become my worst nightmare. He will do average and win against these horrible teams as any scrub would. We will go 8-8, no changes will be made and we will go into next season with Rex Ryan and Sanchez back. What a nightmare.

I thought tebow would come in and win the last 5 for us, but I'm extremely confident McElroy would do very well and would love to see him play here. Too bad that wont be happening--starting mark not only screwed the season but now makes tebow the next guy to come in per Rex today
    Last edited by KR; 12-06-2012 at 12:01 AM.