Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh - Oh Rex is back...

Uh - Oh Rex is back...

的 want them to know -- and they know -- I think we're going to beat them."

---- Jets coach Rex Ryan, on the Patriots

Didn't he just say he didn't wanna tug on Superman's cape?

Ugh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post

He can never control that mouth

Watch the press conference...

He was responding to a question, not making some great proclamation at the beginning.

And big deal either way... The sad thing when it comes to Rex is that people think he's saying something grand or crazy. Every single coach in the league thinks they are going to beat the other team. And the other teams know that they think that.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

He was responding to a question, not making some great proclamation at the beginning.

And big deal either way... The sad thing when it comes to Rex is that people think he's saying something grand or crazy. Every single coach in the league thinks they are going to beat the other team. And the other teams know that they think that.
    No need to give those guys up north any more ammo, but he always does...

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

This is the reason Rex beat Tom Brady in Foxboro, and Manning in Indy. Our Team actually thinks they can win this game. Its Rexs job to make them believe that..

Does anyone think the Patriots were going to play us soft, and now will play us harder strictly based on Rexs comments? Hell no, we hate eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Didn't he just say he didn't wanna tug on Superman's cape?

Ugh
    Did you remember that he said he didn't want to do that TODAY....maybe tomorrow(which is today)?

Oh rex.....Sometimes I wonder if he's doing this just to TROLL US HARD here.....

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    This is the reason Rex beat Tom Brady in Foxboro, and Manning in Indy. Our Team actually thinks they can win this game. Its Rexs job to make them believe that..

Does anyone think the Patriots were going to play us soft, and now will play us harder strictly based on Rexs comments? Hell no, we hate eachother.
    It's one thing to get your TEAM while IN THE LOCKER-ROOM with *NO CAMERAS PRESENT* to think they can win this game and say whatever....

It's another thing to let comments like that DURING A PRESSER which can EASILY be used as Bulletin-board material.
    Last edited by Vin; 10-15-2012 at 06:21 PM.

All Pro
    No need to give those guys up north any more ammo, but he always does...
    If the Patsies need this to get fired up for a home game against a HATED rival, then we've already won the game.

It doesn't affect how they will play us, although if they took a big lead and Belicheck was annoyed by these comments, it may convince him to try to run up the score. Only in that situation could I see it being a factor.

Rex has done a good job coaching this season given the roster. He's won big games in the past. I've learned to live with his chirping

Nine posts without a single link?

I'm sure Rex's words will affect Brady and Belichick this time.

DEAR REX...

STFU and coach you fat bastid

“I want them to know -- and they know -- I think we're going to beat them."

And then it'll come as a big shock to him after they get reamed once again by them. Gotta love it, absolutely gotta friggin love it. Didn't he say after the way last year ended that he wasn't going to get into Super Bowl predictions and other things of the like? So far against New England, this is what has happened since Rex got here:

2009 Week 2: Rex begs fans for support for the game. Fans deliver probably the loudest game in franchise history (save for maybe the one home playoff game that they have every other decade). Brady is extremely rusty in his second game back since the ACL injury, Welker doesn't end up playing, the Jets hold on for dear life and win 16-9

2009 Week 11: The Patriots easily crush the Jets 31-14, the game is never in question

2010 Week 2: Again, fans deliver a big performance, Patriots get up early, the Jets chip away, take the lead, and end up forcing a few turnovers and do end up winning the game 28-14. A pretty legitimate win overall

2010 Playoffs: the Jets play extremely inspired football, they do stop the Patriots on some 3rd downs, the offense sustains drives and actually caps them off with touchdowns. Having been shut down for actually a good portion of the game, the Patriots offense starts looking like themselves late in the game and puts up a touchdown to make it a 7 point game, fail to recover an onside kick, and the Jets escape Foxboro by the skin of their teeth with a 28-21 win, in what took an epic performance by the entire team.

2011 Week 5: Patriots handle the Jets with ease, the score ended up being 30-21, but the outcome is never in doubt.

2012 Week 10: First place in the division is on the line (kind of similar to this week), Jets are home, everybody is pumped up about what is going to finally be the changing of the guard in the division, the Patriots come in to Metlife Stadium and rape the Jets 37-16, Bill Belichick says after the game "37 points against the best defense in the league? Suck my ****."

So, the long and short of Rex Ryan's games vs New England is that they were able to squeak by them twice, and escape with wins by the skin of their teeth, and they actually did beat them kind of handily once, in the 2010 home game. Every other game the Patriots have thoroughly handled the Jets, the games were never in doubt, and the Patriots were the superior team. There's no reason to believe that won't be the case this week, unless the Jets can somehow pull something out of their ass, hope the Patriots make a few rare mistakes, and maybe they can pull one out of thin air like Seattle somehow did yesterday. But it's not going to be because the Jets will dominate the game, because that never happens to New England, evidenced by the fact that they've lost 3 fluke games this year by a combined 4 points.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 10-16-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Nine posts without a single link?

I'm sure Rex's words will affect Brady and Belichick this time.
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...l#incart_river

Rex just being Rex, it comes with the territory. I also believe seriously that BB has a ton of respect and admiration for Rex. He hate the **** out of the Jets but I really think he enjoys Rex a ton, a sort of anti-Belicheck

Veteran
    He didn't promise the Lombardi Trophy? Big whoop...

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

DEAR REX...

Is he a bastid?

A bastard?

OR

a BAS-TURD?

I agree, however, I still wish Rex would STFU once and for all already.

Taken out of context. He was pretty much saying they are going there to win, and he expects to win every game no matter who they play.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

DEAR REX...

Same trite, stupid s hit year after year. Rex, at least come up with something new. I can't wait...until this putz is gone.