Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh - Oh Rex is back...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    And then it'll come as a big shock to him after they get reamed once again by them. Gotta love it, absolutely gotta friggin love it. Didn't he say after the way last year ended that he wasn't going to get into Super Bowl predictions and other things of the like? So far against New England, this is what has happened since Rex got here:

2009 Week 2: Rex begs fans for support for the game. Fans deliver probably the loudest game in franchise history (save for maybe the one home playoff game that they have every other decade). Brady is extremely rusty in his second game back since the AFC injury, Welker doesn't end up playing, the Jets hold on for dear life and win 16-9

2009 Week 11: The Patriots easily crush the Jets 31-14, the game is never in question

2010 Week 2: Again, fans deliver a big performance, Patriots get up early, the Jets chip away, take the lead, and end up forcing a few turnovers and do end up winning the game 28-14. A pretty legitimate win overall

2010 Playoffs: the Jets play extremely inspired football, they do stop the Patriots on some 3rd downs, the offense sustains drives and actually caps them off with touchdowns. Having been shut down for actually a good portion of the game, the Patriots offense starts looking like themselves late in the game and puts up a touchdown to make it a 7 point game, fail to recover an onside kick, and the Jets escape Foxboro by the skin of their teeth with a 28-21 win, in what took an epic performance by the entire team.

2011 Week 5: Patriots handle the Jets with ease, the score ended up being 30-21, but the outcome is never in doubt.

2012 Week 10: First place in the division is on the line (kind of similar to this week), Jets are home, everybody is pumped up about what is going to finally be the changing of the guard in the division, the Patriots come in to Metlife Stadium and rape the Jets 37-16, Bill Belichick says after the game "37 points against the best defense in the league? Suck my ****."

So, the long and short of Rex Ryan's games vs New England is that they were able to squeak by them twice, and escape with wins by the skin of their teeth, and they actually did beat them kind of handily once, in the 2010 home game. Every other game the Patriots have thoroughly handled the Jets, the games were never in doubt, and the Patriots were the superior team. There's no reason to believe that won't be the case this week, unless the Jets can somehow pull something out of their ass, hope the Patriots make a few rare mistakes, and maybe they can pull one out of thin air like Seattle somehow did yesterday. But it's not going to be because the Jets will dominate the game, because that never happens to New England, evidenced by the fact that they've lost 3 fluke games this year by a combined 4 points.
    Good summary, although you surprisingly left out the 45-3 Mon night massacre in NE in 2010, which would seem to strongly support your point that the Pats generally outmatch the Jets. That game was a thorough butt-whipping, which made the playoff victory later on all the more surprising.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Taken out of context. He was pretty much saying they are going there to win, and he expects to win every game no matter who they play.
    "I want them to know and they know that I think we’re going to beat them," Ryan said.

Yeah, taken out of context.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't this guy keep his mouth shut and coach?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is nothing but white noise anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rex is nothing but white noise anymore.
    It's like he opens his mouth and a little guy comes out, turns around, pulls down his pants and moons everyone.

That's how he is. good grief......

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you actually read the whole transcript, there is most definitely a change in Rex's approach in my opinion. He doesn't sound the same.

Read the transcript and tell me if this sounds like the "same old Rex"

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...6-6586f0958d09

"Well, I just think that, I want them to know, and they know, that I think we’re going to beat them. I don’t buy into all that other stuff. Look, I recognize that they’re a great football team. [Bill] Belichick’s a great coach. I never once said that he wasn’t. Again, we’re not going to back down or concede to anything. They’re going to get our best shot, we know we’re going to get theirs, so it really doesn’t matter who says what. We are going to be ourselves. We’re coming up there to take our swing, and we’ll see if we land that punch to win a game."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    If you actually read the whole transcript, there is most definitely a change in Rex's approach in my opinion. He doesn't sound the same.

Read the transcript and tell me if this sounds like the "same old Rex"

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...6-6586f0958d09

"Well, I just think that, I want them to know, and they know, that I think we’re going to beat them. I don’t buy into all that other stuff. Look, I recognize that they’re a great football team. [Bill] Belichick’s a great coach. I never once said that he wasn’t. Again, we’re not going to back down or concede to anything. They’re going to get our best shot, we know we’re going to get theirs, so it really doesn’t matter who says what. We are going to be ourselves. We’re coming up there to take our swing, and we’ll see if we land that punch to win a game."
    Let sleeping dogs lie

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Why can't this guy keep his mouth shut and coach?
    Because he can't coach.

The league has long since caught up to his overload DB blitzes.

Last great game plan he came up with was the NE playoff game. But even then it took career performances by Ellis and Pace.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Because he can't coach.

Last great game plan he came up with was the NE playoff game. But even then it took career performances by Ellis and Pace.
    I think time will prove he can coach. he MUST learn from his errors. We were prepared against the Texans and Colts. He didn't mail it in. he has a NO Failure approach. Polian, when asked if Rex is one of the best D coaches he said YES.

He will survive this year and do well moving forward. THIS I believe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Rex.

Don't care what anyone says.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I think time will prove he can coach. he MUST learn from his errors. We were prepared against the Texans and Colts. He didn't mail it in. he has a NO Failure approach. Polian, when asked if Rex is one of the best D coaches he said YES.

He will survive this year and do well moving forward. THIS I believe.
    + 1, just wish he'd shut the trap

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex rules. I don't believe in "bulletin board material" and Belichick/Brady are going to run it up regardless if he said it or not.

Quit whining, whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Let sleeping dogs lie
    You're not very observant in you think the Pats are a sleeping dog. They just got embarrassed by a 3rd round rookie. They're playing this game balls to the wall.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Because he can't coach.

Rex is going to keep trying to win games his way and Sanchez will continue to be Sanchez.

First rule of Rex football: You can't throw the INT you don't throw.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Rex is going to keep trying to win games his way and Sanchez will continue to be Sanchez.

First rule of Rex football: You can't throw the INT you don't throw.
    There's always fumbling......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Didn't he just say he didn't wanna tug on Superman's cape?

Ugh
    He said not today, maybe tomorrow. (This was yesterday)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

DEAR REX...

STFU and coach you fat bastid
    Are you taking your Jets hat back off this week in the golf course now?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Are you taking your Jets hat back off this week in the golf course now?
    Playing tomorrow WITH my JETS cap. Funny... But I am known as Matt the JETS fan at the golf club I belong to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a big fan of Rex at the moment, but never have I gotten mad at him for talking too much.

Seems like Rex is getting that swagger back huh?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    DEAR REX...

STFU and coach you fat bastid

You STFU.

As usual the media takes what he said out of context, they run with it, the SOJF's cry about it...

SSDD

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing tomorrow WITH my JETS cap. Funny... But I am known as Matt the JETS fan at the golf club I belong to.
    Good man. ALWAYS wear your colors with pride. Makes it so much better when we win