Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Uh - Oh Rex is back...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I don't know him well enough to love him, but I do get him. (-;

He can get this team to win in Foxboro again. Good game planning, good execution and good game time adjustments. A little smashmouth defense getting to Brady wouldn't hurt either. Bellycheat is just that, a cheater too. From the woman in his bed that he stole out of another man's bed to the players in his locker room & the *Lombardi trophys, all ill gotten gains.

Lady Luck hates a cheater.

My Dad was also talking to a Jet employee who said if Rex loses to NE this weekend, the NY Jets practice facility grounds keeping crew said he can dig his own effin hole this time & bury the ball up his ass for all they care, but don't disturb their grass.
    Rexs mouth is hiding his ability.

I believe he is a great coach in the making. GREAT coaches didnt start great. They learned from their mistakes. His prep on Monday and Sunday shows he CAN BE a great coach. Id like him to stay, get better and therefore have NO NEED to trash talk.

The bravado is taking brain cells from his preparation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Wha??

So uncivil...
    And THIS is exactly why his comment was so accurate.

Hypocrisy at its best.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    If my coach doesn't think his team is going to win a game, I don't want him.

Calm down you pantywaste drama queens.
    There's a difference between thinking it, expressing it to your players and then going out on the field and doing your talking on the field as opposed to doing your talking in the media and going out on the field and laying an egg as Rex and the Jets have done many times before after he shoots off his mouth.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Name the one Super Bowl winning coach that talked as much shlt as Rex. Talking too much usually will come back to bite you in the ass. It turns everyone against us, including the refs, IMO.
    Bullspit.

NE already hates the Jets.

And refs have been giving the Jets the short end of the stick long before Rex got here.

We don't lose because of what Rex says.

We lose because we aren't a very good team.

All Pro
    Bullspit.

And refs have been giving the Jets the short end of the stick long before Rex got here.

So why do the Pats lose?

Bullspit.

Of course NE already hates us and we hate them, agreed. I just don't like all the talk, it makes us look like fools if we don't back it up (which is very possible, obviously,) like Jordy says: Do your talking on the field. What about my question? When has all the talking worked for a Super Bowl winner? You say bullshlt on that, too?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Rexs mouth is hiding his ability.

I believe he is a great coach in the making. GREAT coaches didnt start great. They learned from their mistakes. His prep on Monday and Sunday shows he CAN BE a great coach. Id like him to stay, get better and therefore have NO NEED to trash talk.

The bravado is taking brain cells from his preparation.

Great defensive mind and motivator, maybe, but he will never be considered by a great head coach by his peers. Let's be honest - he is nothing but a glorified defensive coordinator, has an "associate head coach" in Sparano, and has admitted in the past he has limited offensive input.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Great defensive mind and motivator, maybe, but he will never be considered by a great head coach by his peers. Let's be honest - he is nothing but a glorified defensive coordinator, has an "associate head coach" in Sparano, and has admitted in the past he has limited offensive input.
    That's exactly why the Ravens didn't hire him as their HC.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's exactly why the Ravens didn't hire him as their HC.
    And why the Jets needed a former HC to be their OC.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    I'm not ready to give up on him as alot of you have, I've seen him calm down with all the talk this year and he seems to understand he has to evolve as an HC...I just wish he didn't start the week with yesterday's talking, its not that big of a deal to me, tho

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Why is everyone in a tizzy? Rex didn't say anything bad. Maybe folks should try reading the ENTIRE article......

It's not even 24 hours after the Jets disposed of the Colts and already Rex Ryan's mind has shifted to the New England Patriots, Mike Vorkunov of the Newark Star-Ledger reports. Actually, it never moved away from them.

"I’ve never stopped thinking about them," Ryan said today. "That’s a team you gotta beat to win our division. Obviously Buffalo and Miami are improved. Not taking anything away from them but the team that’s always won our division since I’ve been here is New England, that’s the one you have to beat for sure…So you’re always thinking about them."

"I want them to know and they know that I think we’re going to beat them," Ryan said. "I don’t buy into all that other stuff. I recognize they’re a great football team and Belichick is great coach. I‘ve never once said that he wasn’t. We’re not going to back down or concede anything…We are going to be ourselves and we’re coming up there to take our swing and we’ll see if we land our swing."

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Why is everyone in a tizzy? Rex didn't say anything bad. Maybe folks should try reading the ENTIRE article......

It's not even 24 hours after the Jets disposed of the Colts and already Rex Ryan's mind has shifted to the New England Patriots, Mike Vorkunov of the Newark Star-Ledger reports. Actually, it never moved away from them.

"I’ve never stopped thinking about them," Ryan said today. "That’s a team you gotta beat to win our division. Obviously Buffalo and Miami are improved. Not taking anything away from them but the team that’s always won our division since I’ve been here is New England, that’s the one you have to beat for sure…So you’re always thinking about them."

"I want them to know and they know that I think we’re going to beat them," Ryan said. "I don’t buy into all that other stuff. I recognize they’re a great football team and Belichick is great coach. I‘ve never once said that he wasn’t. We’re not going to back down or concede anything…We are going to be ourselves and we’re coming up there to take our swing and we’ll see if we land our swing."
    Please don't ask these people to read more than a sentence. It would be like asking them to understand football.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Of course NE already hates us and we hate them, agreed. I just don't like all the talk, it makes us look like fools if we don't back it up (which is very possible, obviously,) like Jordy says: Do your talking on the field. What about my question? When has all the talking worked for a Super Bowl winner? You say bullshlt on that, too?
    Plenty of Super Bowl losers have been quiet before their games too.

It has nothing to do with the outcome. Nothing.

Kudos to Rex for being himself. Not what the media and the fans want him to be. Whats wrong with going into every game thinking your going to win??? Rex came here a quickly changed the culture and made us relevant....we weren't a punching bag anymore...I agree the Super Bowl guarantees were a out of line......but people who tell Rex to shut his mouth are simply conditioned by the media to think that everything he says and does is wrong....sorry but I don't want the media controlling controlling my head coach and team do...they don't want us to win.... Keep it up REX!!!!!!

Plenty of Super Bowl losers have been quiet before their games too.

It has nothing to do with the outcome. Nothing.
    You still haven't answered my question which coach took his team to the Super Bowl with all the talking, the answer is none. So obviously successful NFL champion coaches agree with me, I think I'll trust them more than you. Also, Rex has proven my point for me, he came into this season admitting he needed to stop all the talk and guarantees

I don't think Rex said anything too bad.

A lot of you have split personalities. Every time the media or another player says something negative about the Jets you guys go nuts and the Jets players threaten to boycott the media but when Rex says it, a lot of the same people say it doesn't mean a thing.

So which is it? Does trash talk mean something or is it only when it's directed at the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    And why the Jets needed a former HC to be their OC.
    lolwut?

a lot of NFL teams have former HCs as their OC/DC.

including the all-mighty Patriots*.
    Last edited by Dirtstar; 10-16-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I don't think Rex said anything too bad.

A lot of you have split personalities. Every time the media or another player says something negative about the Jets you guys go nuts and the Jets players threaten to boycott the media but when Rex says it, a lot of the same people say it doesn't mean a thing.

So which is it? Does trash talk mean something or is it only when it's directed at the Jets?
    I agree with you, I don't think it is a big deal, I just would rather he keep his mouth shut leading up to a big game but he didn't so thats that...This piper chump wants to make my comments into a bigger deal than it is

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You still haven't answered my question which coach took his team to the Super Bowl with all the talking, the answer is none.
    Because it is a silly question.

Everyone cringed when Namath guaranteed a victory in Super Bowl III.

What happened.

Jets Insider VIP
    Because it is a silly question.

Everyone cringed when Namath guaranteed a victory in Super Bowl III.

What happened.
    Difference is. Namath talked the talk and then walked the walk.