Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moving to Boston Biiiiiiiitchhessssssss!!!

Bewildered Beast
    NYJCAP2 - good luck, guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    In addition to the city itself, its geographic location puts you within a couple hours of the Cape and Islands to the south, the White Mountains (NH), Maine, and Timmay's Vermont paradise to the north.
    I also like the Berkshires in the western part of Mass (Lenox to Sheffield) and the corner of Connecticut near the Berkshires. So many great places to go within a few hours.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Oh please. Don't listen to this clueless...uh...mod. Boston's a great town and you'll have a lot of fun. It's very accessible, easy to get around in (well, unless you're driving), very cultured, multi-ethnic , and--due to so many universities--has a young and vibrant feel to it. The food is great, the history is inspiring, the parking sucks.

In addition to the city itself, its geographic location puts you within a couple hours of the Cape and Islands to the south, the White Mountains (NH), Maine, and Timmay's Vermont paradise to the north.

Boston is very safe by Northeast US standards. How it compares to NYC I don't know NYC well-enough to say, but compared to my native Philly it's not close. In Philly, straying a block or two from where you meant to be could turn ugly fast. In Boston, there's some wiggle room.

Compared to NYC Boston is more parochial, with the night scene closing down around 1 am (an issue for the younger folk...I'm too old these days to care). One of my favorite jokes about Boston (cuz it haz a large element of true): If New York City is ever hit by a nuclear bomb the Boston headlines will read, "Hub man killed in New York Blast."
    Settle down my furry little Mass hole. You're getting far too serious in your old age. Me and Cap....we'z got some Del a where connections, ya see

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Settle down my furry little Mass hole. You're getting far too serious in your old age. Me and Cap....we'z got some Del a where connections, ya see
    I think you've taken enough of this guys ****.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I also like the Berkshires in the western part of Mass (Lenox to Sheffield) and the corner of Connecticut near the Berkshires. So many great places to go within a few hours.
    +1

I grew up in central Conn and my cousins lived in Williamstown MA. We went there every summer and it was great. Loved the area.

I remember driving down the Mohawk Trail and being a bit scared, though that could have been my mom's driving.

All Pro
    I know. I've seen Delaware (a.k.a., DuPont).

I know. I've seen Delaware (a.k.a., DuPont).
    DuPont, home of Delaware.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Good luck man.

Lately I find myself wondering what it would be like if I stayed there after school.

Im actually going up this weekend to visit friends, can't wait, great city.
    Did you ever look for work up there, or just come home?

And are you going to the game too?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Good luck with your move. Hope all works out well for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Best of luck to you!!!

You're wearing a suit? What are they, phone interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Best of luck. I lived in Boston for 3 years and really enjoyed my time there. Great city and it's a manageable size. I miss the "T". It is still by far the most user friendly mass transit system I have ever encountered.
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Uggh, good luck with all the mouthbreathing Mazzholes. It's like Idiocracy up there.

Best of luck, muh-man. Boston is just like Lower Slower Delaware. Minus the trailer homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    NYJCAP2 - good luck, guy.
    Thanks all, I have been practicing my accent...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2CA0_UE4yU

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I think you've taken enough of this guys ****.
    lolz banz

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    +1

I grew up in central Conn and my cousins lived in Williamstown MA. We went there every summer and it was great. Loved the area.

I remember driving down the Mohawk Trail and being a bit scared, though that could have been my mom's driving.
    I have family in W-Town; they attend those festivals and all that. I once got a chance to pummel some W-town College tennis players on those clay courts by the ball fields.