Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other teams' jerseys at MetLife?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Other teams' jerseys at MetLife?

If someone is a Colts fan going to the game, I get that they want to support their team.

I do not understand wearing jerseys for Other teams. Sunday, I saw 49ers jerseys and Packer gear in the house. With the exception on little kids (who always get a pass on things like this), I just don't get it. F them!
    Last edited by Digetydog; 10-15-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Of someone is a Colts fan going to the game, I get that they want to support their team.

I do not understand wearing jerseys for Other teams. Sunday, I saw 49ers jerseys and Packer gear in the house. With the exception on little kids (who always get a pass on things like this), I just don't get it. F them!
    Ive gone to Century Link wearing a Jets jersey even though the Hawks were playing other teams. Im a Jets fan, but if im attending a NFL game, im still wearing my colours. When I know I am going to be around the top Brass for the team, then I will wear Seahawks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think it's stupid to do. i don't personally get it. i know if i was at a giants/cowboys game, i wouldn't be wearing a 49ers jersey. if you're not a fan of the teams playing, then why goto the game anyways?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Support ur team Always and it doesnt matter where u do it... just be respectful and u should hav no prob.. Ignore the blabberbrains... Thats all u can do!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda see the point but I think exceptions might apply to areas where there are multiple local teams. Especially if the teams in question share a stadium.

One of my better friends (who's a big football fan) is a Midget fan. He may be misguided but I don't mind him wearing blue to games that I occasionally take him along to. I damn sure wear green to any Blew game I attend.

Come to think of it, if I moved out of the area, I'd probably support whatever local team a bit by attending games while enjoying some live football n tailgating. All of course while wearing some Jets gear.

As long as it's all in good fun, I don't see an issue with it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If someone is a Colts fan going to the game, I get that they want to support their team.

In my world its an unwritten rule

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What if they got invited to the game by somebody but they're a fan of a completely different team? There is one guy who seems to go to every game and wears a Mean Joe Green Steelers jersey that sits a couple sections over in one of the lower rows, that one seems strange as obviously he's a Jets STH but also a Steelers fan, but anyway...
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 10-16-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i think it's stupid to do. i don't personally get it. i know if i was at a giants/cowboys game, i wouldn't be wearing a 49ers jersey. if you're not a fan of the teams playing, then why goto the game anyways?
    When your spouse is employed and a member of management for a NFL team that you are not a fan of, you go to the games out of support and respect since they help pay your household bills.

Besides, its FREE and a day out.
    Last edited by jetman67; 10-16-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I wore a Jets jersey

...to a Giants - Patriots Super Bowl game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    When your spouse is employed and a member of management for a NFL team that you are not a fan of, you go to the games out of support and respect since they help pay your household bills.

Besides, its FREE and a day out.
    Do you ever sheep anyone at the games?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    These people don't mind me, but I wouldn't do it myself. There's even a risk to get some beatings.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've to add the following link, because it's related to the topic.

Police: Man stabbed near Candlestick Park over Cowboys jersey

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Ive gone to Century Link wearing a Jets jersey even though the Hawks were playing other teams. Im a Jets fan, but if im attending a NFL game, im still wearing my colours. When I know I am going to be around the top Brass for the team, then I will wear Seahawks.
    PU$$Y.

I live in Charlotte but would never wear Panthers gear. I like the team etc... show them respect but won't wear the gear. I rooted for them in 2003 SB.

IMO, it shows no back bone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    PU$$Y.

I live in Charlotte but would never wear Panthers gear. I like the team etc... show them respect but won't wear the gear. I rooted for them in 2003 SB.

IMO, it shows no back bone.
    I agree. I live in Chicago, and I would never wear Bears gear.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I hate this, too.

If you're invited to go to the game, don't wear your Giants, Steelers, Dolphins, whatever jersey to the tailgate/game. You're asking for trouble once the beer starts flowing. Wear your Under Armour or Nike t-shirt or sweatshirt. Look neutral like Switzerland and just enjoy the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I wore a Jets jersey

...to a Giants - Patriots Super Bowl game.
    I get that b/c in a way you are giving a FU to the Midgets.

I just don't understand wearing a Packer jersey to a Jets/Colts game unless you are a child or special needs.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It really wasn't until the 90s that fans started to wear jerseys of the home team to games. Some people did in years prior, but they were a small minority. This whole dress up thing is a relatively new phenomenon.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not just football games anymore. It's extended to concerts and other events also

I went to a concert at Metlife a few weeks ago and a Giant fan wanted to fight me in the parking lot because I was wearing a Jets T-shirt. The thing is, I wasn't starting anything first, just walking across the lot minding my own business when he came up to me and started mouthing off. And he sure wasn't the only Giant fan acting like an animal that night

It was a bit of a reminder for me how the Giants have the most disgusting and arrogant fanbase in professional sports, but unfortunately it's people like that who ruin it for everybody

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    It really wasn't until the 90s that fans started to wear jerseys of the home team to games. Some people did in years prior, but they were a small minority. This whole dress up thing is a relatively new phenomenon.
    I don't own any NFL gear...I don't think I have since I was a little kid...

Feel like someone's girlfriend if I'm wearing their number so I don't...just a personal thing but I go to games in street clothes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i wear what i want it doesnt matter where im going. i dont care what other people think. besides who looks at other men and how they dress?