Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Will Coples even play this week?

Pats have a good-sized OLine.
    Like I said things change. We'll see

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The Steelers offensive line is horrible. The problem is that the Jets didn't get Ben down...that's supposed to be a "good" excuse?????
    I promise Tom Brady will go down before we get to him IF the Pats OLine plays like Steelers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Haha... If you honestly think the Jets run defense is really that bad, hopefully the Pats come out and run all day. They won't be able to run. The Jets run defense issues are a mirage. They've given up a few big runs in garbage time, on reverses, and vs. the Niners Wildcat that have greatly skewed the numbers. By the end of the year they will be statistically near the middle of the pack against the run, but will be one of the better run defenses in the league.
    totally disagree. Im worried about our run defense.

I think we are transitioning to a 4-3 sooner or later which makes a ton of sense. But for now we are stuck with some very poor LBs with big names and big contracts.

A few draft picks on LB next year, switch to a 4-3 defense and developing Davis and this unit could be scary good as we are good right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Haha... If you honestly think the Jets run defense is really that bad, hopefully the Pats come out and run all day. They won't be able to run. The Jets run defense issues are a mirage. They've given up a few big runs in garbage time, on reverses, and vs. the Niners Wildcat that have greatly skewed the numbers. By the end of the year they will be statistically near the middle of the pack against the run, but will be one of the better run defenses in the league.

I'll believe you when you say it's getting better but it's been no mirage so far and certainly no garbarge time yards

vs Bills 112 First half yards given up
    vs Steelers 19 First half yards (good effort)
    vs San Fran 132 First half yards
    vs Miami 84 first half yards
    vs Texans 117 first half yards

so you're basing it off of the Colts win...let's just be real here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chandler Jones Stats thru 6 games

27 Tkls

5 Sacks

3 FF

Plus alot of pressures causing hurried throws.

I'd say the rookie is doing just fine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post

27 Tkls

5 Sacks

3 FF

I posted this the other day but he's second in tackles behind JJ Watt... (all NFL DEs)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess having JJ Watt would have made them an awesome duo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4648116]I'll believe you when you say it's getting better but it's been no mirage so far and certainly no garbarge time yards

vs Bills 112 First half yards given up
    vs Steelers 19 First half yards (good effort)
    vs San Fran 132 First half yards
    vs Miami 84 first half yards
    vs Texans 117 first half yards

Mostly the fault of the Jets playing an injured Pouha. Now with Devito playing inside, and Coples outside I think things will keep improving. Let Pouha, and Ellis recover fully. You need a NT that cannot be moved by a double team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

27 Tkls

5 Sacks

3 FF

So I guess you'd be the one to ask where they keep the week 6 ROY trophy. Btw your new found defense along with your new found running game really seems to be paying off in Ws. Looks like another undefeated season on the horizon.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 10-16-2012 at 02:17 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Mostly the fault of the Jets playing an injured Pouha. Now with Devito playing inside, and Coples outside I think things will keep improving. Let Pouha, and Ellis recover fully. You need a NT that cannot be moved by a double team.
    Well, bottom line is that you can always stop one or the other. Put 8 in the box or even 9 if you want and you can shut down a Walter Payton and Barry Sanders backfield. The question is always what you give up.

If the Jets can shut down the Pats running game with the front seven, then they've done their job. If a safety has to be brought down in the box, it leaves some passing lanes. If the Jets have to play nickel or dime, it leaves running lanes.

The same is true for the Patriots. The ideal situation is to be able to play without having to bring someone down into the box or go small.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Except for the fact he is emerging as a leader, has stepped bigtime on the field with his play and leadership, and his tackling and physical play has been much improved under Ryan.

That is 3 strikes in one post, you're out !
    Fact, Cro has led the db's by example with his improved performances and stepping up as a #1 CB in Revis' absence. He's been very good lately and would have got the pick 6 but for #51 giving Luck, or whoever it was the business. Leadership by example is generally considered the best type and most effective...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    So I guess you'd be the one to ask where they keep the week 6 ROY trophy. Btw your new found defense along with your new found running game really seems to be paying off in Ws. Looks like another undefeated season on the horizon.
    Sorry if Jones doing very well as a rookie 6 games into his career makes you uncomfortable. My projection for the Pats this year was 11-5 give or take a game. Losing 3 games by 4 points is not going to make any Patriot fan jump off a cliff. Their point differential is +55. How's the Jet differential look ?

Their run D is just fine. One of the leading rushers , Marshawn Lynch, got under 50 yds rushing and that was without Hightower playing LB. If he's back for Jets game Greene might have difficulty breaking double digits..LOL

J/K

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What Jets pass rush?

The Jets are ranked 30th in the NFL with only 5 sacks through 6 games.
    So I assume you're on record predicting a blowout win for the team you root for?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry if Jones doing very well as a rookie 6 games into his career makes you uncomfortable. My projection for the Pats this year was 11-5 give or take a game. Losing 3 games by 4 points is not going to make any Patriot fan jump off a cliff. Their point differential is +55. How's the Jet differential look ?

Their run D is just fine. One of the leading rushers , Marshawn Lynch, got under 50 yds rushing and that was without Hightower playing LB. If he's back for Jets game Greene might have difficulty breaking double digits..LOL

J/K
    So where do they keep the week 6 point differential trophy at?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

J/K
    Its over....Brady is a shell of himself. the PATS are a pick em team in almost every game. Enjoyed it while it lasted, I'm sure you did but it's over.