Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: JETS Defense Improving

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    That's because you're looking at total yards and not yards/game, genius. But by all means continue peddling your agenda
    LOL

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Because the thread topic is about defense.

    You're the one that brought up the standings.

    And BTW, Jets run defense is ranked 31st, and not 28th:

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense
    Haha... If you honestly think the Jets run defense is really that bad, hopefully the Pats come out and run all day. They won't be able to run. The Jets run defense issues are a mirage. They've given up a few big runs in garbage time, on reverses, and vs. the Niners Wildcat that have greatly skewed the numbers. By the end of the year they will be statistically near the middle of the pack against the run, but will be one of the better run defenses in the league.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    I disagree this game will be won between the tackles, NE running game is all runs between the tackles we need the big guys to really step it up.. NE has zero deep threat we keep everything in front of us let Landry and Bell pound on the Gronk and Hernandez...I have a good feeling on this one.
    They won't run up the middle on us. The D has given up the big runs on cutbacks and busted plays to the outside. Jets are stout up the middle, Ridley won't do squat. Woodhead's running style is more of a threat to us.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    So how is he a leader? Please explain. He has stepped up on the field with his play, but that doesn't make you a leader.
    I read that he is holding teammates accountable for there play.

    I can't find a link to the article I read so I appologize for breaking protocol.

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    They won't run up the middle on us. The D has given up the big runs on cutbacks and busted plays to the outside. Jets are stout up the middle, Ridley won't do squat. Woodhead's running style is more of a threat to us.
    Ridley has vision and speed. He doesn't put his head down and try to push OL forward. He'll bounce outside if there isn't a hole. When there is a hole, will the Jet LB's be fast enough to close? Seattle's D is fast. Jet's are not on that level regarding speed.

    The game will either be a nailbiter down to the wire or a blowout.

    Jets better hope for the nailbiter, I don't think they have the horses to blow out the Pats.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Haha... If you honestly think the Jets run defense is really that bad, hopefully the Pats come out and run all day. They won't be able to run. The Jets run defense issues are a mirage.
    The Jets run defense is about as big as a mirage as the Pats secondary.

    Make all the excuses you want, but the Jets DLine is soft, can't gain penetration at the LOS, and is easily pushed around.

    Jets LB's are the slowest in the league and can't tackle worth crap.

    No wonder they are ranked 31st against the run.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets run defense is about as big as a mirage as the Pats secondary.

    Make all the excuses you want, but the Jets DLine is soft, can't gain penetration at the LOS, and is easily pushed around.

    Jets LB's are the slowest in the league and can't tackle worth crap.

    No wonder they are ranked 31st against the run.
    No question the Jets LBs are slow, slower, slowest. Terrible assessment of talent by the FO and coaches.

    I think there is some young talent on the DLine though and will give them to season's end to make a true evaluation.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets run defense is about as big as a mirage as the Pats secondary.

    Make all the excuses you want, but the Jets DLine is soft, can't gain penetration at the LOS, and is easily pushed around.

    Jets LB's are the slowest in the league and can't tackle worth crap.

    No wonder they are ranked 31st against the run.
    I expect the Jets run defense to be stout Sunday, the young guys are starting to get comfortable, it should be interesting

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Pass rush is still lacking. Brady will pick us apart on Sunday. Sanchez does still suck and will give the Patriots great field position.
    Brady's not Ben Rothlisburger. Jets pass rush will feast on Brady this week!

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Jets pass rush will feast on Brady this week!
    What Jets pass rush?

    The Jets are ranked 30th in the NFL with only 5 sacks through 6 games.

  11. #31
    We had to play Big Ben week 2

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    We had to play Big Ben week 2
    The Steelers offensive line is horrible. The problem is that the Jets didn't get Ben down...that's supposed to be a "good" excuse?????

  13. #33
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Cro will never be a leader, and if he is, the team is in trouble. He has been great on the field, other than not wrapping up when tackling.
    You have no game. Why not sit this one out?

  14. #34
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,085
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Where is the October 16th first place trophy displayed?
    Answer the question, troll.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    So how is he a leader? Please explain. He has stepped up on the field with his play, but that doesn't make you a leader.
    There was an article before this past game that talked about him mentoring the other cornerbacks and watching film with them I believe.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Cro will never be a leader, and if he is, the team is in trouble. He has been great on the field, other than not wrapping up when tackling.
    Well maybe you don't consider getting all the dbs in the right coverage, and talking to them throughout the whole game leading. He's been much more vocal since Revis went down, and much more involed in the secondary than Revis ever was. They seem to be playing better as a unit now as well. He seems to be playing a lot better himself with the added responsibility. Maybe you don't watch the games, but he is thriving in a leadership roll. I'm hoping he doesn't go back in his shell when Revis returns.

  17. #37
    Sunday evening/Monday morning, I really wanna see what all the Patriots fans have to say.
    This ain't 07. This is 2012!
    Pats are 3-3 and it's October

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,327
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What Jets pass rush?

    The Jets are ranked 30th in the NFL with only 5 sacks through 6 games.
    Things change. We'll see who wins the battle of the rookie DEs this week. Why don't you tell me where they keep the 6th week ROY trophy?

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Answer the question, troll.
    What question?

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We'll see who wins the battle of the rookie DEs this week.
    Will Coples even play this week?

    Pats have a good-sized OLine.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us