Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: chargers broncos monday nite football

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    yes but his 2006-2010 was among the best 5 year runs in NFL history.
    True, but with no ring, I really doubt that stretch will be enough to get to the hall.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Way too much Manning hype

Yeah, he's been PART of the comeback, making some throws, he still isn't the same Manning

This game is all about San Diego absolutely fumbling over themselves.

It's funny watching Rivers implode, worse than any Sanchez game I can recall, I only chuckle about the outrage Sanchez would receive if he played like Rivers is tonight..
    You are absolutely right.....Rivers is horrible.....hes just not tough at all...complains and whines wayyy too much...Sanchez has more guts in his pinky then Phillip Rivers has in his life...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    True, but with no ring, I really doubt that stretch will be enough to get to the hall.
    yup. one ring puts him on the bubble.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    You are absolutely right.....Rivers is horrible.....hes just not tough at all...complains and whines wayyy too much...Sanchez has more guts in his pinky then Phillip Rivers has in his life...
    Too bad he doesn't have the accuracy of rivers, rivers hadn't been good for a year and a half not sure what's wrong with him I can see him being traded if they decide to blow things up

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Too bad he doesn't have the accuracy of rivers, rivers hadn't been good for a year and a half not sure what's wrong with him I can see him being traded if they decide to blow things up
    Did you just call a QB who just threw 4 picks accurate???? I know Sanchez doesn't have pinpoint accuracy but you cannot say Rivers in accurate...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Way too much Manning hype

Yeah, he's been PART of the comeback, making some throws, he still isn't the same Manning

This game is all about San Diego absolutely fumbling over themselves.

It's funny watching Rivers implode, worse than any Sanchez game I can recall, I only chuckle about the outrage Sanchez would receive if he played like Rivers is tonight..
    Manning's still a hell of a qb but Rivers went all out to give the game to the Broncos

Something's wrong with this guy. Does he like it up the @ss or what

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you just call a QB who just threw 4 picks accurate???? I know Sanchez doesn't have pinpoint accuracy but you cannot say Rivers in accurate...
    First time in his career w four picks, he's up there in all time completion percentage, Brady had a four pick game vs buffalo last year he's still pretty damn accurate last time i checked

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    IDK, Rivers has looked average to below average for the past two seasons now. He may very well be past his peak. You cant play much more worse in a half than tonight.
    Call it the Norv Turner effect. You're around that guy long enough his crappiness is bound to wear off on you. I think Rivers needs a new management structure around him to rise to heights again. He's still a talent, but wasting his prime years in a bad organization with a bad coach

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He hasn't been as accurate since start of last year, but over his career he's a really accurate passer who did not throw many INTs. He's regressed past couple seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Rivers Tonight:

San Diego Passing
    C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG
    P. Rivers 25/41 242 5.9 2 4 4-24 54.2

Here are three recent games to jar your memory:

Sun 9/23
    @ MIA
    W 23-20 (OT) 21 45 306 46.7 6.80 66 1 2 34.3 58.2 1 4 4.0 4 0
    Sun 9/30
    vs SF
    L 0-34 13 29 103 44.8 3.55 22 0 1 2.8 39.9 0 0 0.0 0 0
    Mon 10/8
    vs HOU
    L 17-23 14 31 230 45.2 7.42 36 1 2 10.0 54.5 2 1 0.5 1 0
    None of the two losses were on Sanchez

Rivers wasn't playing with missing key talent at WR and TE

Rivers wasn't playing a top defense tonight

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly!

And Rivers is a 9 year vet

Sanchez is still just 26 years old with limited talent around him until this past weekend.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade for Rivers now. No make that yesterday. Con them into thinking a change in scenario will help Sanchez and Rivers. Just pray they don't look at Sanchez regular season stats the 2 years they made the AFC championship game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate on Rivers all you want, but we have to believe that Tanny and Rex woukd seriously consider trading Sanchez for him right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @lindacohn: Broncos have outscored opponents 79-6 in the 4th qtr. Best in the #nfl. #broncos