Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning is the best Qb of all time

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I may not be the sharpest tool in th shed but hey atleast I can read
    Those are some high standards you got there.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Those are some high standards you got there.
    Says the guy who tells me I said Wilson but can't find where I said it? Like I said SHOW ME. My itelligence is so low show me where I said Wilson is a good corner??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now some of you can add another couple of pages to this thread arguing what was or wasn't said.

With the execption of the 49ers game I think hes' played really well since Revis went down Teams IMO seem to be throwing more at Cro then Wilson. Hes not giving up huge plays hes not making costly mistakes I think hes played well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh, he has a solid o-line, good running back, one great WR (Thomas), one budding star (Decker), and several reliable vets (Stokley, Tamme, etc.). The defense is also tenacious, book-ended with sack artists Dumervil and Miller.

Not saying he isn't the GOAT -- I think he is, as well -- but he certainly has weapons around him.
    Agreed. It was a pretty ignorant OP in this erroneous thread. Fact is Rivers' Fukashima meltdown was just as much a reason for the comeback as Manning's brilliance. Dumervil and Miller's pressure also precipitated the INTs.

But apart from that cool story bro...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Says the guy who tells me I said Wilson but can't find where I said it? Like I said SHOW ME. My itelligence is so low show me where I said Wilson is a good corner??
    With the execption of the 49ers game I think hes' played really well since Revis went down Teams IMO seem to be throwing more at Cro then Wilson. Hes not giving up huge plays hes not making costly mistakes I think hes played well.
    Yea i've noticed its ridiclous hes playing solid right now hes's stepped up hugly like I said teams are throwing at Cromartie more then Wilson thats not by accident although im glad they are Cro is a freak.
    You definitely implied it and if you didn't think he was at least better than average (which he's not), you wouldn't have made that incoherent babble of a thread.

BTW, what's 'hugly?' Is that being fugly, but worse? If so, I agree. Wilson's play is definitely hugly.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Agreed. It was a pretty ignorant OP in this erroneous thread. Fact is Rivers' Fukashima meltdown was just as much a reason for the comeback as Manning's brilliance. Dumervil and Miller's pressure also precipitated the INTs.

But apart from that cool story bro...
    What does that have do with the OP?? I said Peyton is the best QB of all time never said the defense didn't help with tonights win?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You definitely implied it and if you didn't think he was at least better than average (which he's not), you wouldn't have made that incoherent babble of a thread.

BTW, what's 'hugly?' Is that being fugly, but worse? If so, I agree. Wilson's play is definitely hugly.
    It was stated 'right now' and 'since' the Revis injury.

But continue...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It was stated 'right now' and 'since' the Revis injury.

But continue...
    Context doesn't matter. Anyone who knows football can see Wilson is below-average ... at best.

And no, I won't. Gotta be up in a few hours and don't care enough to keep going back and forth.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Context doesn't matter. Anyone who knows football can see Wilson is below-average ... at best.

And no, I won't. Gotta be up in a few hours and don't care enough to keep going back and forth.
    Oh my bad for missing a letter. LOL and I made this thread a mess who brought up Kyle Wilson in a Peyton Manning is the best QB of all time thread?? I said Kyle Wilson stepped up since Revis went down dummy.That means his game IMPROVED incase you didn't know.
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 10-16-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read a Nietzsche quote once I thought on and agreed with.

"You may have enemies whom you hate, but not enemies whom you despise. You must take pride in your enemy: then your enemy's successes will be your successes as well."

I think a lot of people like to say that Manning is better than Brady as a means of revenge. I certainly understand that, but we play Brady twice a year, I've seen my share of Patsie games, he's brought some pretty suspect Patriot teams pretty far in 2006 and since 2008, and with Manning's embarrassing post season record being what it is I think the GOAT status ship sailed a long time ago for him. IMO the Manning/Brady debate was settled with Brady being the best quarterback of his generation by far.

If there's any comparison to be made it's Montana/Brady.

With Brady approaching (i assume) the last years of his career I just can't hold hate for the man anymore. The man is a lion.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Best regular season quarterback of all time. Total choke artist come playoffs. If it wasn't for major ref help, he'd have exactly 0 rings right now.

Let me put it this way. Mark Sanchez has more playoff comeback wins than Peyton Manning. Manning has 1 in 11 years and we all know it was littered with yellow flags.
    If Peyton ever had a somewhat descent defense I'd bet he would have atheist 4 rings right now.....like the Eli vs Peyton debate is retarded...if Peyton ever played on a complete team like that He would have 6 rings...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by RevisCroWilson; 10-16-2012 at 05:52 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    the patriots were sh!t without tom brady. he made them what they are. he's the best, no doubt about it.
    Yea Matt cassel took them to the playoffs...they have a nice system up in ne

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by RevisCroWilson; 10-16-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the patriots were sh!t without tom brady. he made them what they are. he's the best, no doubt about it.
    Brady will forever be linked with cheating in my book. It is easy to look good when you know the other teams defense. I would take Manning any day over him twice on sundays.
    Every game won all three championships tainted. Greatest ever? hardly the greatest ever does not have that taint on them.
    To me the commish covered it all up because he did not want to open that can of worms. But he will go after players that have been doing something since the football was played. But lets not go after the cheaters that tainted the sport.
    Brady is not the greatest neither is bellicheat.

You should not have to cheat to win did Namath did Peyton?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I read a Nietzsche quote once I thought on and agreed with.

"You may have enemies whom you hate, but not enemies whom you despise. You must take pride in your enemy: then your enemy's successes will be your successes as well."

I think a lot of people like to say that Manning is better than Brady as a means of revenge. I certainly understand that, but we play Brady twice a year, I've seen my share of Patsie games, he's brought some pretty suspect Patriot teams pretty far in 2006 and since 2008, and with Manning's embarrassing post season record being what it is I think the GOAT status ship sailed a long time ago for him. IMO the Manning/Brady debate was settled with Brady being the best quarterback of his generation by far.

If there's any comparison to be made it's Montana/Brady.

With Brady approaching (i assume) the last years of his career I just can't hold hate for the man anymore. The man is a lion.
    IMO Brady is no where near PFM - Brady is a great QB, but PFM is probably the best of all time. Matt Cassell won a huge contract and looked like Steve Young in that year Brady was injured.....since he moved to KC, not so much. Brady's success is down to the system in NE for the most part. If you ask any coaches in the NFL who they would prefer to face as a QB, it would be Brady, and that says it all for me. PFM is basically his own offensive co-ordinator with every physical and mental tool in the book, whereas Brady is just an excellent arm who is told what to do by his coaches.

Edit: Another Nietzsche quote: Whoever fights Patriots should see to it that in the process he does not also become a Patriot. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
    Last edited by Soberphobia; 10-16-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great INT by Jimmy Leonhard last night as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's still tom brady. look at the rings kid!
    Not to mention, Manning is a pathetic 4-9 head-to-head versus Brady.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Yea Matt cassel took them to the playoffs.
    I must have slept through that year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Montana is better than either, far more clutch too. Go look at his stats in Superbowls. 11 Tds - 1 int, 4 for 4.

Brady was like Sanchez in his Superbowl wins, was asked not to blow it. The team around him had a great defense, good running game and they cheated too.

Once some of that stuff was gone, he's 0-2 in the Superbowl.

You put Peyton Manning on the Pats with BB, and he'd be number 1 all time, as it stands, you have to put him behind Montana and just ahead of Brady.

BTW - Eli has one more clutch playoff run and Super Bowl MVP and it's going to be hard not to put him up there too...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not to mention, Manning is a pathetic 4-9 head-to-head versus Brady.
    Funny.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

Brady was like Sanchez in his Superbowl wins, was asked not to blow it.
    When has Sanchez ever put up these kind of numbers, even in a regular season game?

32/48, 67% completion percentage, 354 yards and 3 TD's?

Yep, Brady was very Sanchez-like in his Super Bowl win over the Panthers.

Where do you guys come of with this stuff?