Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: 2012 NY Jets are not playoff Caliber - but i want to see them play like it this wknd

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 NY Jets are not playoff Caliber - but i want to see them play like it this wknd

It'll be a success if nothing else but sticking it to NE twice this year.

You won't find any negativity coming out of this guy leading up to the game on sunday. We should all get behind the team this week.

...and after last week in SEA - I smell blood.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough task ahead. Jets rarely, if ever win games like this. New England usually wins game lik this.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we are a play off team still. If you look at the AFC right now it's really wide open. Pretty much everyone is 3-3 except Baltimore and Houston and Baltimore hasn't looked too special. All we need to do is hang in there and we can get in. I wouldn't bet the house on a Superbowl but you never know what can transpire after you're in the play offs. Things can just go your way.

As far is NE goes, a win would be awesome. There really is no better time to get one than now after they really dropped the ball up in Seattle this sunday.

They're probably gonna' be pretty PO'ed though.

We're going to have a hard time stopping their run but I think at least one of their star running backs is going to be out (Bolden?).

Our best chance to win this game, and I can't believe i'm saying this, is to just have Sanchez go out there and sling it. Their secondary is God awful.
    They keep getting big leads on teams which forces them to start throwing deep and they just end up getting them all day to get back in the game.

We need to go out in the 1st quarter like we're down by 20 and just start throwing the ball deep and moving up the field. Their defensive backs are just horrible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think we are a play off team still.
    I stopped

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I stopped
    I don't think this team is "good" by any stretch but neither are most of the AFC teams.

Way crazier things have happened.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I stopped
    The Jets are as much a playoff team as all the 2nd place teams in their division. The Jets getting a wild card is by no means a stretch.

He didn't say they were winning a SuperBowl, but for them to get a WC in this years AFC is well within their reach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I don't think this team is "good" by any stretch but neither are most of the AFC teams.

Way crazier things have happened.
    There are perhaps 10 teams in the mix for playoff spots in the AFC:

1) Ravens
    2) Chargers
    3) Pats
    4) Broncos
    5) Texans
    6) Bengals
    7) Jets
    8) Bills
    9) Dolphins
    10) Steelers

So - given the circumstances of this crazy year - the Jets might certainly find a way to back into that 6th spot. The Pats may be the 'best' team on this list and even they aren't playing dominating football.

If Jets can beat the Bills and Fins again - and do away with S.D. later in the season - they'll have a good chance of having put all three of those teams in their rear-view mirror. Then it just comes down to being better than the other team vying for the #6 spot. Seahawks went in at 7-9 two years ago and this year might be the same - some weak team making the playoffs.

It would hardly be something to celebrate - I mean, real 'playoff' teams should be able to go on the road and win big games. But - hey - for emotional/enjoyment perspective I'd be thrilled to see the Jets do it.