Thread: In a league trying to prevent injuries....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

In a league trying to prevent injuries....

Seeing more devastating injuries....not as a result of hits.....seems more of a conditioning issue.Reduced practice may be the real issue. Thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if you are referencing anything specifically but some notable ones like Revis, Holmes, Ray Lewis all have nothing to do with conditioning.

If you want to knock training staffs and conditioning than you can cite some "soft tissue" injuries like hamstring and groin pulls. I know they have increased for the Jets this year but that could very well be an anomaly. I would need to see data for the entire league to see if injuries are trending upwards.

We also forget that this league has a 100% injury rate. If you play long enough, you will get injured. Advances in medicine and nutrition have helped prolong careers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post
    Seeing more devastating injuries....not as a result of hits.....seems more of a conditioning issue.Reduced practice may be the real issue. Thoughts?
    Good point. The union brought it on itself though. Once again unions prove they have outlived their usefulness.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetliner View Post

Good point. I saw this last night..Not directly related but then again it could be

Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason
    I still contend new, lighter NFL practice rules make teams inconsistent. Impossible to predict NFL games week to week or even half to half.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all part of Gods plan.
    8-8 last year.
    Bring Tebow in, but Tanny did nothing else.
    Gods fix; bring all the other teams down to our level, to even it up.
    Give the Jets a run to win it all.

Amen.