Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Presidential Debate #2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Our country's best economic times were when unions were strongest.
    When was that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver spooned freaks who borrowed money from their moms isn't the answer.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    Nowhere in yours or any pro-Obama post (or even argument from Obama himself) do you point to this administration's economic achievement.

This is why the tides are decisively turning (and predictably, btw) against the guy who promised to halve the national debt before jacking it up by trillions.

Obama failed. Deal with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver spooned freaks who borrowed money from their moms isn't the answer.

You mean for White men don't you?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.

You're impressed with someone who was handed 10 million dollars and made money from it but foam at the mouth when someone is handed 200 dollars a month to buy food.

Kokoa! Beam me to the Garden!

Actually I'm equally impressed when someone that comes from nothing like myself works hard, gets educated and makes it to the top 10%. I am impressed by Romney's family, his father came from nothing and made it to the top. Romney surpassed his father and gave his inheritance to charity. He built his company up from scratch. Money doesn't give you brains or drive. Everyone is born in to a set of circumstances. Some more favorable then others. I don't hold that against a person. It's what they do with their opportunity that matters. Plenty of wealthy children turn out to be wastes of space.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    When was that?
    I believe it was when we were the only country in the world building cars and planes just after WW2 through the 60's and mid 70's. Our manufacturers had no competition and huge profit margins. Unions thrived because the companies had no competition and therefore had better control of pricing. Sadly while competition has grown and profits declined things haven't been so great for unionized companies. Worse the public sector unions have taken and taken to the point where municipalities all over the country are going bankrupt. Defined benefits pensions which were calculated according to actuarial tables that assumed 8% yearly growth have been shown to be fatally flawed. Growth over the past 12 years has averaged 0%. Every municipality in the country that gives defined benefits pensions is underwater due to those precious public unions. Good times.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're impressed with someone who was handed 10 million dollars and made money from it...
    It's very easy to lose 10 million dollars you're simply handed for nothing, or live off it and never work a day again.

It's very hard to turn 10 million into 250 million+ and a massively successful company.

You may not beleive that, but it's true.

It's pretty clear you hate Romney simply because he was, and is, rich. You think you're better than him, salt of the earth, a real working man. I get it. You back Unions, hate management, and loathe anyone whose success you don't think was "earned" the right way, or via the right kind of work.

There is nothing a Mitt Romney could ever do to win over your vote. You should vote for Obama, because you agree with his economic ideas PK. Strong powerful Unions, forced membership, weak and beaten management taxed as much as they can bear, collectivism and redistribution to knock down the (in your eyes) unworthy lazy stupid rich (Republican) folks to benefit the workers of the world who are more worthy and deserving to you.

So I think it's safe to say your vote for (D) on election day is quite secure. If you bother to vote, of course.