Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Sizing Up The AFCE

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not for nothing, but the Jets ARE ranked 31st against the run. Its not lies and propaganda if it is true. Come on now.
    They are 28th... The author of this article even knows that. You use yards/game not total yards... You come on dude... Learn how to read stats

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I think if the Jets beat the Pats this weekend, they will easily move up to #3.
    How sweet of you

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    They are 28th... The author of this article even knows that. You use yards/game not total yards... You come on dude... Learn how to read stats
    Does it f*****g matter?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just dont get it! Why would a Patriots fan have so many posts on a Jet site?

I mean bored and having no friends and hobbies is no reason for that many posts!!

Get a life!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does it f*****g matter?
    LOL apparently it does to you. Chill out buddy it's okay

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL apparently it does to you. Chill out buddy it's okay
    You are the one who brought it up. I figured you had the issue with it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny TX.

We beat the other 3 ( if we win) yet we're 3.

I don't even understand us being 4 whan we beat 2 and 3.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are the one who brought it up. I figured you had the issue with it.
    I have a problem with people that cite incorrect stats in an attempt to make a point or in the OP's case, further an agenda. I hope you've learned something

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a problem with people that cite incorrect stats in an attempt to make a point or in the OP's case, further an agenda. I hope you've learned something
    Except the point was valid regardless. Is the point any less valid if the Jets are ranked 31st or 28th?? Its not like the Jets were ranked 3rd and he said they were ranked 31st. Jets rush defense has been terrible and that was the point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Funny TX.

We beat the other 3 ( if we win) yet we're 3.

I don't even understand us being 4 whan we beat 2 and 3.
    That was my entire point of posting the article.

It is one person's opinion, and that opinion means no more than yours or mine.

To this day I can't figure out why Jets fans (certainly not all of them) get so bent out of shape over something that remotely casts the Jets in a negative light.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

To this day I can't figure out why Jets fans (certainly not all of them) get so bent out of shape over something that remotely casts the Jets in a negative light.
    You mean like how you and the rest of the other pats homers rush here to defend the pats anytime there's a shred of something negative to talk about? You're not only a hypocrite, you may be completely delusional

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Its because you run away after losses, and if you are so objective, how come every article you posts shows the Patriots in a better light than the Jets?

Nice try peepaw.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

You are such a ****ing pain in the ass.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't care less on whether a journalist thinks the Jets are any good. My problem with these types of articles is when the back-up to the theory or ranking is poor. A football journalist should know enough to say that, for the Jets, the loss of Holmes doesn't force their offense to be more conservative. If anything, it forces them to take more chances. The loss of Holmes means a decrease in the ability to lead long, continous drives which forces the offense to take more shots downfield and pull more tricks from the hat, like special teams fakes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You are such a ****ing pain in the ass.
    Just go ahead and do "it". Its probably for the best

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its because you run away after losses, and if you are so objective, how come every article you posts shows the Patriots in a better light than the Jets?
    That's because 99% of all the articles written cast the Pats in a better light than the Jets because it's true.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's because 99% of all the articles written cast the Pats in a better light than the Jets because it's true.
    Thats true right now. Its not like there are a ton of articles(or any for that matter) that are praising the Jets and predicting great things for them. But if there were I am sure you would post them as well, correct??

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats true right now. Its not like there are a ton of articles(or any for that matter) that are praising the Jets and predicting great things for them. But if there were I am sure you would post them as well, correct??
    Absolutely, isn't that what all objective posters do?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

You are far to confident. The Pats aren't that good this year. Losing Light hurt. Alot.

The secondary is garbage and losing reliable pressure from Anderson hurt, too.

Ridley has helped keep things tighter for them, but despite probably having the most overall talent on D in years, it's all very raw and young.

Belichick prefers vets and it shows. The Pats aren't significantly better than anybody except on paper, and Buffalo is proving how much that matters. So much that it will probably get their GM fired.

Hernandez gets too many snaps on the line, too. He should be split out because he is really a terrible blocker.

Here's the mind**** about this division:

The Jets have had the hardest opponents front-loaded in Houston and San Fran. They do not have a win against a quality opponent, with two of the wins coming against Buffalo and Miami, which should render them out of the discussion but it doesn't.

Miami has the best RB and a top 5 run defense in the league, but they are arguably as poor against the pass as the Jets are against the run.

They are ranked 18th (Jets) and 19th (Miami) in total D.

Buffalo is 31st in total D. New England is 22nd.

So I still say dump:

New England has the top Offense in the NFL statistically but is still 3-3 and is slightly below average on D.

Miami and the Jets are similarly bad, with the last quarter of the Jets game skewing things badly for them.

Theoretically speaking, Miami has played better than they appear to, Buffalo has blindly walked into 3 wins despite being what could be considered the worst overall team statistically in the league next to Jacksonville.

TL;DR:

All 4 teams stink. The only constant that you can logically draw is that Buffalo stinks the worse simply by getting shredded by such a terrible defense in week 1.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely, isn't that what all objective posters do?
    Yes, yes it is.