Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93

Thread: ESPN: Sizing Up The AFCE

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem with the Jets so far is the Jets aren't good on either side of the ball. If the Jets had one working they don't lose to either the Steelers and Texans and get blown out against the 49ers. If they could stabilize one of them this season isn't lost.

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's because 99% of all the articles written cast the Pats in a better light than the Jets because it's true.
    Well they have a Hall of Famer playing QB.

    It's that simple.

    They also just had Luther Vandross pass for 3 TDs against them........LOL.

    Pats aren't very good this year, pal. Get over it. Welcome to mediocrity, you are on the perfect boards for that.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get why he sees the Phins and Bills as better than us. We blew out Buffalo, and beat Miami, which while it plays hard, still has less talent than we do and a rookie QB.

    I agree there is a huge gap between Pats and us, but I don't see how he ranks those other 2 as better. I think it's because he's gone on record as ending our season after the Holmes injury, and he'd be a hypocrite to turn his back on that prediction only after a win over the Colts.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's because 99% of all the articles written cast the Pats in a better light than the Jets because it's true.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ays-on-defense

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    My only problem with the article is the Bills being ranked ahead of us because they're better on paper. That means nothing, just ask the Eagles. I think Miami may be equal to us due to our injuries and the fact that they are playing good ball. I think without the injuries we are ahead of them and probably closer to the Pats than Walker currently has Miami.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets blow out Miami if Sanchez doesn't lose his mind in the redzone!
    Jets played HORRIBLE and still pulled one out of their azz.

    Playing in Miami in Sept. is not easy
    Jets get the rookie at home, won't be as easy for him now that Rex has seen what he does well.
    If Jets get the RBs healthy they will run for over 200 vs Bills.
    Jets run D will be a lot better by then if they get Puoha & Ellis back after the bye

  7. #47
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Thank you.

    All 4 teams in the AFCE are 3-3.
    oh please we enjoy your humor; don't make us out to be chumps. No way you post that if Jets were #2.


    Can't wait for Sunday; how unreal is that stadium in seattle?

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    My only problem with the article is the Bills being ranked ahead of us because they're better on paper. That means nothing, just ask the Eagles. I think Miami may be equal to us due to our injuries and the fact that they are playing good ball. I think without the injuries we are ahead of them and probably closer to the Pats than Walker currently has Miami.
    The Bills aren't better than us on paper even after the injuries we've had. They have nothing on defense outside of Mario and the only reason they beat Arizona this week was because Mario was able to dominate a horrific Arizona O-line.

    I don't believe in Miami they have no secondary and if you can stop their running attack Tannehill and the scrub receivers won't get it done. Pats are overrated.

    10-6 probably wins the AFCE. Jets can realistically get that but they have to get their act together. Blowing out Indy was a start.

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NRW, Germany
    Posts
    1,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats not trolling on Tx's part, he didnt write article, just posted it.
    there's an ancient tradition of killing the messenger of bad news. i start to like it.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That was my entire point of posting the article.

    It is one person's opinion, and that opinion means no more than yours or mine.

    To this day I can't figure out why Jets fans (certainly not all of them) get so bent out of shape over something that remotely casts the Jets in a negative light.
    If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black...lol

  11. #51
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday evening will either reinforce or disprove the ranking's by Walter. It's only one man's opinion.

    Pats +55 win/loss differential speaks volumes about them. Losing 3 games in the last minute by 4 points total doesn't mean much except they need more time. When the DB's make mistakes, it's usually at a crucial time. Pats are giving their rookies alot of PT. Jones, Hightower, Wilson, have had alot of reps for rookies. Dennard is just getting healthy enough to play and hasn't looked lost. Ebner forced into starting at safety on the last Seattle series was unfortunate as he's basically a run stuffing S and ST guy.

    I probably wouldn't put the Jets at #4 at this point, but losing Revis and Holmes makes it alot more difficult on both sides of the ball for them. Their backups are going to have to develop fast and Sanchez is going to have to start playing like a franchise QB and not a JAG. A win against a weak Indy team is a start, but is it just a blip or is a trend starting.

    Stay tuned. Sunday's game will tell alot more about both teams.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That was my entire point of posting the article.

    It is one person's opinion, and that opinion means no more than yours or mine.

    To this day I can't figure out why Jets fans (certainly not all of them) get so bent out of shape over something that remotely casts the Jets in a negative light.
    People are silly. And it's crazy to put so much, if any, thought into these stupid power rankings.

    But it's amazing to me that the guy would put the Bills ahead of the Jets. Just plain dumb.

    The Bills are a lousy team and every year we have to read about how they're up and coming. Haven't we seen enough of Fitzpatrick to understand that he's trash and that team is destined for another season at about 6-10?

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post

    Pats +55 win/loss differential speaks volumes about them. Losing 3 games in the last minute by 4 points total doesn't mean much except they need more time.
    Not sure what you mean they "need more time".

    Losing 3 games in the last minute speaks volumes about this team.

    Pats have always made the big plays in crunch time to secure wins. Now other teams are doing it to the Pats.

    This is a huge concern moving forward.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not sure what you mean they "need more time".

    Losing 3 games in the last minute speaks volumes about this team.

    Pats have always made the big plays in crunch time to secure wins. Now other teams are doing it to the Pats.

    This is a huge concern moving forward.
    I think he means that if there was another quarter, the Pats would win.

    But they are not playing complete games and that has to be a concern. They didn't show up for the 1st half of the Buffalo game, and if Buffalo were any good, the Pats would be 2-4 right now.

  15. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    People are silly. And it's crazy to put so much, if any, thought into these stupid power rankings.

    But it's amazing to me that the guy would put the Bills ahead of the Jets. Just plain dumb.

    The Bills are a lousy team and every year we have to read about how they're up and coming. Haven't we seen enough of Fitzpatrick to understand that he's trash and that team is destined for another season at about 6-10?
    Lousy teams do not go into Arizona and beat a good Cardinals team.

    Problem with the Bills is the exact same problem with the Jets: Consistency.

    You never know what team you are going to get.

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Lousy teams do not go into Arizona and beat a good Cardinals team.

    Problem with the Bills is the exact same problem with the Jets: Consistency.

    You never know what team you are going to get.
    Any team with Kevin Kolb/John Skelton running the offense is going to have trouble scoring points. They have a great defense, but they are terrible offensively. I am not sold on Arizona at all.

    They are the 3rd best team in the NFC West.

    Buffalo's two other wins are over two of the three or four teams worse than they are.

  17. #57
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not sure what you mean they "need more time".

    Losing 3 games in the last minute speaks volumes about this team.

    Pats have always made the big plays in crunch time to secure wins. Now other teams are doing it to the Pats.

    This is a huge concern moving forward.
    Why is it a HUGE concern ?

    Tedi Bruschi, Ty Law, and Rodney Harrison aren't on the field anymore. Those were VETS that took time to become what they eventually were. There is only one area of true concern if you're a Patriot fan. That's the DB's. Wilson is a rookie, Dennard is a rookie in only his 1st or second game due to injury. Ebner is also a rookie and has had limited PT due to injury. He was forced into duty when Chung got injured. He was basically a ST player before.

    Jones is a rookie still wet behind the ears, he already is makng a impact on Defense. Hightower is a rookie. He has to stay healthy but when on the field with Mayo and Spikes they are one of the better LB corps. The Pats run D is stout. Limiting Marshawn Lynch to under 50 yds isn't done with a poor run Defense, and that was accomplished without Hightower as he was injured.

    Granted they cannot keep making dumb mistakes and expect to last very long as a playoff contender, but if the Offense (Brady) can get his head out of his butt long enough to stay focused and not make dumb decisions, the Pats will be fine. Losing Bolden for any length of time will hurt as he was just coming into his own. Time for Vereen to earn his keep.

    If the same mistakes keep occurring in November/December, then "Houston, We have a Problem".

    My theory is give the rookies time to gel and get their heads on straight. If that isn't working, given the talent level and where they were drafted, it'
    s time to take a long hard look at the coaching on Defense.

    JMHO

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Why is it a HUGE concern ?

    Tedi Bruschi, Ty Law, and Rodney Harrison aren't on the field anymore. Those were VETS that took time to become what they eventually were. There is only one area of true concern if you're a Patriot fan. That's the DB's. Wilson is a rookie, Dennard is a rookie in only his 1st or second game due to injury. Ebner is also a rookie and has had limited PT due to injury. He was forced into duty when Chung got injured. He was basically a ST player before.

    Jones is a rookie still wet behind the ears, he already is makng a impact on Defense. Hightower is a rookie. He has to stay healthy but when on the field with Mayo and Spikes they are one of the better LB corps. The Pats run D is stout. Limiting Marshawn Lynch to under 50 yds isn't done with a poor run Defense, and that was accomplished without Hightower as he was injured.

    Granted they cannot keep making dumb mistakes and expect to last very long as a playoff contender, but if the Offense (Brady) can get his head out of his butt long enough to stay focused and not make dumb decisions, the Pats will be fine. Losing Bolden for any length of time will hurt as he was just coming into his own. Time for Vereen to earn his keep.

    If the same mistakes keep occurring in November/December, then "Houston, We have a Problem".

    My theory is give the rookies time to gel and get their heads on straight. If that isn't working, given the talent level and where they were drafted, it'
    s time to take a long hard look at the coaching on Defense.

    JMHO

  19. #59
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'm glad you liked my post

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Lousy teams do not go into Arizona and beat a good Cardinals team.

    Problem with the Bills is the exact same problem with the Jets: Consistency.

    You never know what team you are going to get.
    Simply put:

    Fitzpatrick, therefore they stink.

    Great on paper, but Buddy Nix should lose his job. Buffalo is AWFUL. Their D is terrible, their QB is terrible, and their coach is too dumb to run the ball enough to win games.

    Also, Arizona stinks. Their offense is terrible outside of Fitzgerald. Just because the Pats lost to them doesn't make them good. They could be the only team to start 4-0 and not make the playoffs in the hyper-competitive NFC.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us